Chat talk and light discussion

Re: last movie you watched

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 pm

I really liked X-Men Days of Future Past, ment to return to see it again but work got it the way, will be looking to see the next Planet of the Apes film in a couple of weeks though.

Re: last movie you watched

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 am

Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Re: last movie you watched

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:41 pm

keninlincs wrote:Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Gosh, I envy you, Ken. Is the Blu-ray of "The Time Machine" out already? I read in the US it'll be released on July 8 (with a far greater cover) and here in Germany it will be out by the end of the month.
But I heard from a very reliable source that unfortunately the Blu-ray is really no improvement compared to the DVD, that's why I initially cancelled my order.

Could you give me a info about the extras featured?

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:58 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Gosh, I envy you, Ken. Is the Blu-ray of "The Time Machine" out already? I read in the US it'll be released on July 8 (with a far greater cover) and here in Germany it will be out by the end of the month.
But I heard from a very reliable source that unfortunately the Blu-ray is really no improvement compared to the DVD, that's why I initially cancelled my order.

Could you give me a info about the extras featured?

Hi Lucky
The quality is definately better than my dvd but not the best blu ray i have seen.
The extras are a documentary"The Time Machine A Journey Back" with Rod Taylor and Whit Bissel and the trailer
worh the $14.99 i paid

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm

keninlincs wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Gosh, I envy you, Ken. Is the Blu-ray of "The Time Machine" out already? I read in the US it'll be released on July 8 (with a far greater cover) and here in Germany it will be out by the end of the month.
But I heard from a very reliable source that unfortunately the Blu-ray is really no improvement compared to the DVD, that's why I initially cancelled my order.

Could you give me a info about the extras featured?

Hi Lucky
The quality is definately better than my dvd but not the best blu ray i have seen.
The extras are a documentary"The Time Machine A Journey Back" with Rod Taylor and Whit Bissel and the trailer
worh the $14.99 i paid

Okay, thanks for that. So these are basicially the same extras as featured on the DVD? How disappointing.
In Germany they charge 15.99 Euros so I think I'll skip it in the first place and wait until amazon has some nice double/triple offers.
Somebody told me the Blu-ray has the wrong aspect ratio?

Re: last movie you watched

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:18 am

I've been streaming these HBO original documentaries. A lot are very depressing, but very well made. The last one was "Boy Interrupted" about a mentally ill child who committed suicide at 15. His parents are filmmakers, so it documents his whole life, what there was of it.

And then I wonder why I have nightmares.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Re: last movie you watched

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:15 am

CAN YOU HELP?

Not long ago I read about a movie that was showed in a few cinemas here in Denmark, unfortunately not one of those near to me. I forgot about it again, and now i really want to find it. BUT I forgot the title of the movie(Maybe it was a city name?). The movie is about music made in some studio in the US........during the 60`if I recall it right, and it sounded interesting. Does this ring a bell to some of you?(I think the movie is from 2013)

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:07 am

elvisa wrote:CAN YOU HELP?

Not long ago I read about a movie that was showed in a few cinemas here in Denmark, unfortunately not one of those near to me. I forgot about it again, and now i really want to find it. BUT I forgot the title of the movie(Maybe it was a city name?). The movie is about music made in some studio in the US........during the 60`if I recall it right, and it sounded interesting. Does this ring a bell to some of you?(I think the movie is from 2013)

I wasn't "Sound City"?

Re: last movie you watched

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 am

the Coens released a movie called 'Inside Llewyn Davis' and the was also the documentary 'Twenty Feet from Stardom', perhaps one of these?

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:14 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
elvisa wrote:CAN YOU HELP?

Not long ago I read about a movie that was showed in a few cinemas here in Denmark, unfortunately not one of those near to me. I forgot about it again, and now i really want to find it. BUT I forgot the title of the movie(Maybe it was a city name?). The movie is about music made in some studio in the US........during the 60`if I recall it right, and it sounded interesting. Does this ring a bell to some of you?(I think the movie is from 2013)

I wasn't "Sound City"?


Thank you luckyjackson1.......I really think this is the one 8) .....looking forward to watch it.

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Eddie wrote:the Coens released a movie called 'Inside Llewyn Davis' and the was also the documentary 'Twenty Feet from Stardom', perhaps one of these?


Thank you Eddie........those looks very interesting too, will try to find them also.

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 am

Has anyone seen Boyhood yet? I've read a great deal about it, and would very much love to see it at the cinema. Alas, due to my condition it's pointless me trying to sit through a 165 minute film in one go, so will have to wait for a DVD release.

Re: last movie you watched

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Has anyone seen Boyhood yet? I've read a great deal about it, and would very much love to see it at the cinema. Alas, due to my condition it's pointless me trying to sit through a 165 minute film in one go, so will have to wait for a DVD release.

Nope, but thanks for the info. A new Linklater film is always welcome! :D

Re: last movie you watched

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 am

Today I watch The young and prodigious T S Spivet a real nice movie

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: last movie you watched

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 am

Woody Allen's Blue Jasmine.Loved it despite hating almost every character in it.Maybe that was the point but I doubt it.Cate Blanchett's New York socialite character is a self centred neurotic pain in the arse.She doesn't care for anyone,everyone is beneath her even her step sister who she has to stay with after her separation from super rich husband Alex Baldwin but Cate's performance is so riveting you can't take your eyes off her.A fine supporting cast and some great dialogue make for a fine film but it's really a character study of a spoilt rich bitch (rich only because she snared a rich man for a husband) having a breakdown.



norrie

Re: last movie you watched

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:50 pm

Clint Eastwood IN THE LINE OF FIRE

Last 'new' film i watched WALK THE LINE - amazing

Re: last movie you watched

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:18 pm

Expendables 3. I really liked the latest instalment of the action stars franchise. Stallone on usual form,nice to see new guys,Antonio Banderas,Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes, with Mel Gibson as the villian
Good old fashioned action movie
sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:18 am

keninlincs wrote:Expendables 3. I really liked the latest instalment of the action stars franchise. Stallone on usual form,nice to see new guys,Antonio Banderas,Harrison Ford and Wesley Snipes, with Mel Gibson as the villian
Good old fashioned action movie
sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon



Did not know this was out yet ken ! well its not out in scotland yet.looking forward to seeing it !!!

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:26 am

Not been to the cinema much over the last 6 weeks as the weather has been so good but i did manage to see the mrs brown movie its so bad its not worth writing about,works as a tv show but not as a movie.22 Jump Street awful not a patch on the first movie.Maleficent fantastic a must see Angelina Jolie is amazing.Dawn of the Planet of the Apes 10 out of 10 a must see what a movie !!!

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:34 am

Its out August 15th Pat,I saw a reviewers copy

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon

Re: last movie you watched

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:32 am

keninlincs wrote:Its out August 15th Pat,I saw a reviewers copy

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon



Good for you ken ! i can't wait to see it ! august 6th inbetweeners 2 movie the on the 15th Expendables 3, sequels worth looking forward too !!!

Re: last movie you watched

Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:09 am

Just watched Non-Stop with Liam Neeson. WOW! What a film! Totally gripping. I didn't leave my seat once. Best film I've seen this year. No wonder it grossed over 225000000 at the box office.

Re: last movie you watched

Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, fantastic follow up story from the excellent Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Great action/sci-fi movie with a lot of heart. Loved it.

Re: last movie you watched

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:24 am

HD and Marboro Man , 3/6.....mediocre buddy movie.

Rasputin '66 , 3/6......had this movie had a longer run time it prolly could've been better.....could've gone more in depth , doesn't match up to Dracula PoD which came same yr.

Wanderlust , 4/6

Re: last movie you watched

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:22 am

Tang Lungs side kick wrote:HD and Marboro Man , 3/6.....mediocre buddy movie.

Rasputin '66 , 3/6......had this movie had a longer run time it prolly could've been better.....could've gone more in depth , doesn't match up to Dracula PoD which came same yr.

Wanderlust , 4/6



When Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man first came out 23 years ago it was a fantastic buddy movie ! it has dated these days but its a movie i still like to watch !!!