Chat talk and light discussion

Re: last movie you watched

Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:39 am

One armed swordsman vs 9 killers fea Wang Yu , 4/6.......just a "beer-and-chips" kinda movie , was all right though. Lieh is wasted in a short cameo.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:20 pm

36th chamber of Shaolin 5/6 , it ain't easy learning kung fu :|

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 pm

i saw 2 times X-Men: Days of Future Past :smt004

Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:37 pm

I really liked X-Men Days of Future Past, ment to return to see it again but work got it the way, will be looking to see the next Planet of the Apes film in a couple of weeks though.

Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:36 am

Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:41 pm

keninlincs wrote:Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Gosh, I envy you, Ken. Is the Blu-ray of "The Time Machine" out already? I read in the US it'll be released on July 8 (with a far greater cover) and here in Germany it will be out by the end of the month.
But I heard from a very reliable source that unfortunately the Blu-ray is really no improvement compared to the DVD, that's why I initially cancelled my order.

Could you give me a info about the extras featured?

Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:58 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Watched Captain America.The winter Soldier last night and thoroughly enjoyed it, tonight I will be watching The Time Machine bluray edition

mobile reply

Gosh, I envy you, Ken. Is the Blu-ray of "The Time Machine" out already? I read in the US it'll be released on July 8 (with a far greater cover) and here in Germany it will be out by the end of the month.
But I heard from a very reliable source that unfortunately the Blu-ray is really no improvement compared to the DVD, that's why I initially cancelled my order.

Hi Lucky
The quality is definately better than my dvd but not the best blu ray i have seen.
The extras are a documentary"The Time Machine A Journey Back" with Rod Taylor and Whit Bissel and the trailer
worh the $14.99 i paid

Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm

keninlincs wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:

mobile reply

Hi Lucky
The quality is definately better than my dvd but not the best blu ray i have seen.
The extras are a documentary"The Time Machine A Journey Back" with Rod Taylor and Whit Bissel and the trailer
worh the $14.99 i paid

Okay, thanks for that. So these are basicially the same extras as featured on the DVD? How disappointing.
In Germany they charge 15.99 Euros so I think I'll skip it in the first place and wait until amazon has some nice double/triple offers.
Somebody told me the Blu-ray has the wrong aspect ratio?

Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:18 am

I've been streaming these HBO original documentaries. A lot are very depressing, but very well made. The last one was "Boy Interrupted" about a mentally ill child who committed suicide at 15. His parents are filmmakers, so it documents his whole life, what there was of it.

And then I wonder why I have nightmares.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:15 am

CAN YOU HELP?

Not long ago I read about a movie that was showed in a few cinemas here in Denmark, unfortunately not one of those near to me. I forgot about it again, and now i really want to find it. BUT I forgot the title of the movie(Maybe it was a city name?). The movie is about music made in some studio in the US........during the 60`if I recall it right, and it sounded interesting. Does this ring a bell to some of you?(I think the movie is from 2013)

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:07 am

elvisa wrote:CAN YOU HELP?

Not long ago I read about a movie that was showed in a few cinemas here in Denmark, unfortunately not one of those near to me. I forgot about it again, and now i really want to find it. BUT I forgot the title of the movie(Maybe it was a city name?). The movie is about music made in some studio in the US........during the 60`if I recall it right, and it sounded interesting. Does this ring a bell to some of you?(I think the movie is from 2013)

I wasn't "Sound City"?

Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:25 am

the Coens released a movie called 'Inside Llewyn Davis' and the was also the documentary 'Twenty Feet from Stardom', perhaps one of these?

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:14 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:
elvisa wrote:CAN YOU HELP?

I wasn't "Sound City"?

Thank you luckyjackson1.......I really think this is the one 8) .....looking forward to watch it.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Eddie wrote:the Coens released a movie called 'Inside Llewyn Davis' and the was also the documentary 'Twenty Feet from Stardom', perhaps one of these?

Thank you Eddie........those looks very interesting too, will try to find them also.

Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:13 am

Has anyone seen Boyhood yet? I've read a great deal about it, and would very much love to see it at the cinema. Alas, due to my condition it's pointless me trying to sit through a 165 minute film in one go, so will have to wait for a DVD release.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Has anyone seen Boyhood yet? I've read a great deal about it, and would very much love to see it at the cinema. Alas, due to my condition it's pointless me trying to sit through a 165 minute film in one go, so will have to wait for a DVD release.

Nope, but thanks for the info. A new Linklater film is always welcome! :D

Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 am

Today I watch The young and prodigious T S Spivet a real nice movie

sent from Lincolnshire,UK,by carrier pigeon