Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Willie Nelson.Band Of Brothers>Out now

Thu May 15, 2014 7:43 am

Willie has released a new song from his forthcoming album Band of Brothers. This song was written during a time that Willie hit a wall from being burnt out with the pangs of road life. The upcoming album will include 14 songs total, 9 of which will be new originals. This will be the largest release of new material from Willie since the 1996 album Spirit.
he sounds in fine voice on this track
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/video ... e-20140506
phpBB [video]

Last edited by keninlincs on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Willie Nelson.Band Of Brothers>Out 16th July 2014

Fri May 16, 2014 1:42 am

Yeah,I spotted this one on youtube a couple of days ago.Sounding good and looking forward to the album.

norrie

Fri May 16, 2014 7:48 am

Have heard 4 of the tracks and they all sounded good,he shows no sign of giving up yet

mobile reply

Mon May 19, 2014 11:07 am

Unbelievable... a new album each year! Great to see good ole Willie still going strong at 81.

Mon May 19, 2014 5:50 pm

I'm really looking forward to this album, particularly because there's a good deal of new songs present. But Willie has always been a firm favourite of mine and his albums are always good, often excellent and rarely disappoint.

Mon May 19, 2014 6:41 pm

greystoke wrote:Willie has always been a firm favourite of mine and his albums are always good, often excellent and rarely disappoint.

Agree with you there mate

Mon May 19, 2014 8:57 pm

Ever heard ol' Willie sing in German? :wink:

12 - Whisky Walzer.wav (File size: 25 MB)
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/29309789/file.html

13 - Little Darling.wav (Filze size: 26 MB)
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/46265541/file.html

Thu May 29, 2014 11:41 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Ever heard ol' Willie sing in German? :wink:

12 - Whisky Walzer.wav (File size: 25 MB)
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/29309789/file.html

13 - Little Darling.wav (Filze size: 26 MB)
http://www21.zippyshare.com/v/46265541/file.html

Thanks Lucky ,i could listen to Willie in any language

Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:52 am

Got the album today and managed to give it a listen between World Cup games and on first impressions it's a cracker.Willie is in fine voice.His new songs find him in all states of mind from contemplative to humourous to downright horny the dirty old dog ! It can't compare to his glory days but it's as close as we can expect from an 81 yr old.With a mixture of tempos and with some great steel guitar and harmonica as well as Trigger it holds the attention throughout.It has a classic country sound.Willie fans won't be disappointed.

norrie

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:43 pm

norrie wrote:Got the album today and managed to give it a listen between World Cup games and on first impressions it's a cracker.Willie is in fine voice.His new songs find him in all states of mind from contemplative to humourous to downright horny the dirty old dog ! It can't compare to his glory days but it's as close as we can expect from an 81 yr old.With a mixture of tempos and with some great steel guitar and harmonica as well as Trigger it holds the attention throughout.It has a classic country sound.Willie fans won't be disappointed.

norrie

I thought this will be out in a month? :shock:

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:57 pm

Released 16 June.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:35 pm

Got mine yesterday and agree with Norrie,great album with some excellent tracks,standouts for me are Wives and girlfriends,Band of brothers and Guitar in the corner.a great purchase

mobile reply

Re: Willie Nelson.Band Of Brothers>Out now

Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:31 am

Just listened to the very first track and I must say he sounds mighty fine - and almost not off-beat :P

Looking forward to listen to the complete album. Already liked the first song very, very much.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 am

Here is an overview from the man himself

phpBB [video]

norrie

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:12 am

Entered the Billboard Country album chart at no 1-his first since The Promiseland in 1986.Well done Willie, still achieving at 81.
No 5 in the main album chart too.I know it will drop like a brick after first week sales but still it's something for Willie to be proud of.If he gives a monkeys mind you !

norrie

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 am

Hopefully he will do a follow up with Buddy Cannon again soon,they made one of Willies finest albums of the last 10 years or so

mobile reply

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Yay! This is fantastic news! :D

Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:10 am

I just listened to the full album. I have to say it is the best album I have heard from him in quite awhile. I'm a long time fan who has at least 75% of his albums and this one ranks favorably with the best of them. The fact he wrote 9 of the tracks shows that his muse is still there and he still has something to say. Great latter-day effort!

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:56 pm

keninlincs wrote:Hopefully he will do a follow up with Buddy Cannon again soon,they made one of Willies finest albums of the last 10 years or so

mobile reply

Another album is expected later this year. Doesn't appear to be songs with Cannon and crew but rather his own band: http://www.musictimes.com/articles/6753 ... er-day.htm

I've not known Willie to ever follow up an album with the same group. Seems like he's always moving forward with new collaborations.