Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Jerry Lee visits the Phillips family - 1958

Fri May 02, 2014 9:50 pm

As promised, here are two cool photos showing Jerry Lee Lewis at Sam Phillips' house in 1958.

They were originally published by "TV Radio Mirror" magazine that year, and later reprinted in the book "Jerry Lee Lewis Rocks!", written by Robert Palmer (Delilah Books, New York - 1981), which has been my source for them.

JLL1.jpg

JLL2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Jerry Lee visits the Phillips family - 1958

Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 pm

Bonus picture, from the same sources :

JLL3.jpg

Please note that this photo may come from 1957, as several copies of "The Great Ball of Fire" (Sun EP-107, 1957) are visible - Dewey is holding one of them :

EPA 107.jpg

This EP included "Whole Lot Of Shakin' Goin' On", which of course had been a smash hit in the summer of 1957, plus three previously unreleased tracks : "Mean Woman Blues", "I'm Feelin' Sorry", and a version of Carl Perkins' first record, "Turn Around".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Thanks Mister Moon. Love to have an original of that EP.

Sat May 03, 2014 10:37 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:Thanks Mister Moon. Love to have an original of that EP.

You're welcome. This record had a fantastic, and very flashy, sleeve design.

The exact same design was used by Charly Records in the 80s for one of their Jerry Lee albums. They just removed the four song titles and added the pertinent songs on their LP.

Sat May 03, 2014 11:06 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
mysterytrainrideson wrote:Thanks Mister Moon. Love to have an original of that EP.

You're welcome. This record had a fantastic, and very flashy, sleeve design.

The exact same design was used by Charly Records in the 80s for one of their Jerry Lee albums. They just removed the four song titles and added the pertinent songs on their LP.

Yes, i remember those albums...used to have them at one time.