Post here your Elvis' pictures

Facial hair

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:50 am

I just wondered...except from pictures from the movie Charro...Did you ever see EP with stubble? I mean...he had those huge sideburns, especially in late 76 but i suppose they didn't grow out owernight... (Just a completely indifferent topic...) :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Facial hair

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:20 am

Maybe some candid shots of the 70's Limo outtake from on tour is the darkest ive seen the 5 o clock shadow on him anyone else?

Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:59 am

True. Sandi Miller addresses it in her interview for the Gillian Gaar book. Recommended.

She saw him during the preparation for Charro, and says the hair was very splotchy. She said all the fellas had a contest as to who could grow the best beard. Elvis, she told Gaar, lost badly.

If you're on Facebook, you can ask her again yourself. It's kind of a weird question, though, just out of the blue.

But that's where it stands.

Since he showed more shadow at the time you mentioned, I related it to what happened after the opening night show in 1969. Someone whispered "he DOES have his chest hair." Elvis heard it. He turned around and said "yes I do."

I think maybe he might have ingested a little extra testosterone after that experience? He did it later, for sure. It's documented. I think that is quite possible. A chance remark to a sensitive person can really hit hard.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:50 pm

He was a also with stubble in Live A Little, Love A Little :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

What a topic! :facep:

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:26 am

Bob-Holland wrote:He was a also with stubble in Live A Little, Love A Little :

But, it wasn't real stubble.

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:10 am

eligain wrote:

Oh, yes it was.

But the bigger question is, did Elvis have a hirsute patoot?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:46 pm

In Alanna Nash's book "Baby, Let's Play House," Alanna says, in reference to his January-February 1975 hospitalization, "Again Linda stayed with him for two weeks during which time Elvis grew a beard"(pg. 561). By this time, I'm sure that beard was pretty salt and pepper. According to Larry Geller, by 1977, Elvis's hair was growing in very light gray, almost silver. You can see it in photos, I believe there has previously been a thread regarding Elvis's natural hair color near the end...

Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53 pm

Brmartin84 wrote:In Alanna Nash's book "Baby, Let's Play House," Alanna says, in reference to his January-February 1975 hospitalization, "Again Linda stayed with him for two weeks during which time Elvis grew a beard"(pg. 561). By this time, I'm sure that beard was pretty salt and pepper. According to Larry Geller, by 1977, Elvis's hair was growing in very light gray, almost silver. You can see it in photos, I believe there has previously been a thread regarding Elvis's natural hair color near the end...

Does Linda make any comment about the patoot at this time?

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:08 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:

Oh, yes it was.

Hmm, It looks like a make up stubble to me. Almost like coffee ground on Vaseline like we did as kids on Halloween.

Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:54 pm

eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:

Oh, yes it was.

Hmm, It looks like a make up stubble to me. Almost like coffee ground on Vaseline like we did as kids on Halloween.

On his patootie? Can you show us the photo?

Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
eligain wrote:

Oh, yes it was.

On his patootie? Can you show us the photo?

?

Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:02 pm

Jove wrote:Image

You could run your fingers through the wig, then your arm, and probably lose your body in it, lol.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 pm

Then there was the mustache attempt: http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20559

Wed May 14, 2014 5:44 pm

I just across this candid and remembered this topic.

Thu May 15, 2014 10:35 pm

rjm wrote:True. Sandi Miller addresses it in her interview for the Gillian Gaar book. Recommended.

She saw him during the preparation for Charro, and says the hair was very splotchy. She said all the fellas had a contest as to who could grow the best beard. Elvis, she told Gaar, lost badly.

If you're on Facebook, you can ask her again yourself. It's kind of a weird question, though, just out of the blue.

But that's where it stands.

Since he showed more shadow at the time you mentioned, I related it to what happened after the opening night show in 1969. Someone whispered "he DOES have his chest hair." Elvis heard it. He turned around and said "yes I do."

I think maybe he might have ingested a little extra testosterone after that experience? He did it later, for sure. It's documented. I think that is quite possible. A chance remark to a sensitive person can really hit hard.

rjm

Sent via mobile

I never knew Elvis took testosterone. Could you please elaborate on this topic a bit? When did he start, why did he start, how did he ingest this hormone (injection or pills), why did he start (not, I hope, to grow chest hair) and when (if at all) did he stop? Now that you mention it, he seemed to have very little chest hair in the 1960s, but a fair amount in the 1970s. I speak from personal experience (as a hairy Italian) that most chest hair grows in by one's late 20s. His ingestion of testosterone, of course, could have contributed to the deepening of his voice. What on earth did the guy do to himself, and why didn't his father say "stop it son"?

Mon May 19, 2014 10:31 am

This thread keeps growing.............

Mon May 19, 2014 12:13 pm

I want to know when he started growing his chest hair ?#@?!!?

Mon May 19, 2014 2:30 pm