Off Topic Messages

Re: Rob has left FECC for good....please return !!!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:39 am

This is one of the funniest threads I read here in weeks... and since Rob left. :cry:

Heck, this IS life - I wouldn't even know how to get through my (work-)day without FECC! :lol: ::rocks

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:53 am

Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote: Robbo pushed the destroy button

So what happens when you push that button? Do you get a chance to change your mind, is there an "Are you sure you want to delete your account?" message comes up, or is it "Boooooom!" and everything disappears? Seems a bit final to me, what happens if you hit it by mistake?

You will join the space time continuum.

And you'll end up in the land of the apes forever and ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt005 :smt003

Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape! :)

This one is allowed. :D

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:This is one of the funniest threads I read here in weeks... and since Rob left. :cry:

Heck, this IS life - I wouldn't even know how to get through my (work-)day without FECC! :lol: ::rocks

Damn right it is!

Sure, FECC is not important in the grand scheme of things, but if use KHoot's logic then neither is movies, TV series, hockey games or music. Mankind doesn't need those things either, if you ask KHoots, who seems to focus on survival only. He eats, he breathes, he sleeps. Nothing else matters. Entertainment, wether it's music or movies, sports or messageboards, has no meaning... Unfortunately for him, he wasted over 10 years and 7100 posts on FECC before he came to this conclusion. Imagine his regrets!! :D

Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:43 pm

promiseland wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:Even I disappeared once for a year or two.

Even you.

Too bad it was only a year or two...

You show him...say for 5 years?

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 pm

Rob, a bright light on this forum.
But just closing his profile without a goodbye, instead of being inactive for a while sounds like he didn't care afterall.

Well, it's a free world.

Damn it!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm sure if he's logging on as a guest, he's pissing himself at two simultaneous threads running about him..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:00 pm

Mountain Misst wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

So what happens when you push that button? Do you get a chance to change your mind, is there an "Are you sure you want to delete your account?" message comes up, or is it "Boooooom!" and everything disappears? Seems a bit final to me, what happens if you hit it by mistake?

And you'll end up in the land of the apes forever and ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt005 :smt003

That's Ron Ely, not Charlton Heston.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
The Pirate wrote:

Yes :D

Charlton Heston not allowed, lol

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:And you'll end up in the land of the apes forever and ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt005 :smt003

Since the references are from 1968's "Planet of the Apes," what is the Ron Ely connection?

Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
Mister Mike wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:And you'll end up in the land of the apes forever and ever. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smt005 :smt003

Since the references are from 1968's "Planet of the Apes," what is the Ron Ely connection?

As is in fun, and due to that fact, fun can be delineated from, the terminology being, "Land of the Apes", the show, "Planet of the Apes" is really off to me, with "Ape man" being acceptable, which is Tarzan :D Ron Ely being the best Tarzan to my tastes. See? It gets there, lol :D

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:37 am

Mountain Misst wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Since the references are from 1968's "Planet of the Apes," what is the Ron Ely connection?

As is in fun, and due to that fact, fun can be delineated from, the terminology being, "Land of the Apes", the show, "Planet of the Apes" is really off to me, with "Ape man" being acceptable, which is Tarzan :D Ron Ely being the best Tarzan to my tastes. See? It gets there, lol :D

You know that the only reason you posted that was because of the loin cloth ...

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:52 am

I wanted to be Ron Ely when I was a child. Just sayin' :)

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mountain Misst wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Since the references are from 1968's "Planet of the Apes," what is the Ron Ely connection?

You know that the only reason you posted that was because of the loin cloth ...

Noooooooooooooo it is the tiger fighting, lol.

Ron appears to be a lovely man. :D

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 am

TJ wrote:I wanted to be Ron Ely when I was a child. Just sayin' :)

:D

Loved that show :D

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:28 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:I can see how you feel betrayed, John.
Don't worry, time will heal your wounds.

In your avatar photo, I've been told you are showing the world your IQ ... is this true?

1452485_10202508798866945_79085667_n.jpg

I have to admit, that's pretty funny Doc! lol

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:52 am

Joe Car wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
javilu wrote:I can see how you feel betrayed, John.
Don't worry, time will heal your wounds.

In your avatar photo, I've been told you are showing the world your IQ ... is this true?

I have to admit, that's pretty funny Doc! lol

Indeed, it is.

As they say, truth in humour. ;-)

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:33 am

I sense a general unease in the forum since this happened. You never know: maybe something unpleasant happened in his world, and he couldn't be his entertaining self, so he pushed the button.

I still hope he comes back if he feels like it, and that his ungainly exit will be forgiven. He has been awfully generous, in more ways than one.

This is after much thought. You just never know what it's like on the other side of the screen.

rjm

Sent via mobile

Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:45 pm

You're just being dramatic. I'm sure my theory is correct: he wanted to leave, because he doesn't enjoy this place anymore, feels there are better things to do in life, and he knew the ONLY way to move on was to delete his account, otherwise he'd be tempted to post every once in a while and before he knew it he'd be stuck here for hours on end. He probably has a computer in his Elvis room. If he still had an active FECC acount, there is no chance he'd be strong enough to keep away from this place. It would be like having a recovering alcoholic locked up in a bar.

I am 100 % sure he's reading this by the way... Hi Rob!

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:You're just being dramatic.

Nooo ...reallly?

Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:You're just being dramatic. I'm sure my theory is correct: he wanted to leave, because he doesn't enjoy this place anymore, feels there are better things to do in life, and he knew the ONLY way to move on was to delete his account, otherwise he'd be tempted to post every once in a while and before he knew it he'd be stuck here for hours on end. He probably has a computer in his Elvis room. If he still had an active FECC acount, there is no chance he'd be strong enough to keep away from this place. It would be like having a recovering alcoholic locked up in a bar.

I fully agree, Rob made no secret of the fact that he would leave if he found the message board not to be entertaining anymore, As he said in his message that was the case and combined with work/family commitments he was true to his word and left, If he had posted a notice of intent to leave he would most likely have been accused of making a big deal of it and told that if he wanted to leave then he should just do so, He left with no drama or fuss and I admire him for that and wish him well in his family and work life.

P.S I don't believe for one second he will be reading this.

:smt006 HI ROB :wtf: did you leave like that for ? You old barsteward :twisted: :P

Alan.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:09 pm

rjm wrote:I sense a general unease in the forum since this happened. You never know: maybe something unpleasant happened in his world, and he couldn't be his entertaining self, so he pushed the button.

I still hope he comes back if he feels like it, and that his ungainly exit will be forgiven. He has been awfully generous, in more ways than one.

This is after much thought. You just never know what it's like on the other side of the screen.

You're exactly right. I felt the same.

In fact, when I noticed the abrupt change in his account, without any notice, I contacted admin to see if something bad had occurred.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:49 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:You're just being dramatic. I'm sure my theory is correct: he wanted to leave, because he doesn't enjoy this place anymore, feels there are better things to do in life, and he knew the ONLY way to move on was to delete his account, otherwise he'd be tempted to post every once in a while and before he knew it he'd be stuck here for hours on end. He probably has a computer in his Elvis room. If he still had an active FECC acount, there is no chance he'd be strong enough to keep away from this place. It would be like having a recovering alcoholic locked up in a bar.

I think you're probably right, old chap.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:You're just being dramatic.....

This coming from someone who says this message board IS the real world.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:37 am

KHoots wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:You're just being dramatic.....

This coming from someone who says this message board IS the real world.

Okay. You think I meant that this message board is THE real world, and that our families and all those other things we do in life is irrelevant in comparison. Obviously that would have been pretty dramatic. But I was just saying that this messageboard, just like the rest of the Internet, is a part of the real world. It's not a fantasy land created by little green men. While I have no evidence to support my case, I'm pretty sure that Rob, for example, is a real person and that what he wrote here was real.

Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:48 am

I agree.

rjm

Sent via mobile