Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis visited Ceasar's Palace?? Are there any pics?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Anyone know the answer to this? I believe he visited there in '74 and that he was seen in the lobby. What did he go to see there and were there any pics taken?

Re: Elvis visited Ceasar's Palace?? Are there any pics?

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:Anyone know the answer to this? I believe he visited there in '74 and that he was seen in the lobby. What did he go to see there and were there any pics taken?

He saw Tom Jones at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas on September 3, 1974.

In limousine at Hilton, en route to Tom Jones show at Caesar's Palace, September 3, 1974

Introduced at Tom Jones' show, Caesar's Palace - September 3, 1974 | Photo: Judy Palmer

Backstage with fan at Caesar's Palace after Tom Jones show, September 3, 1974
(Or early in the am on September 4th)

He also saw Tom there in 1971:

Merv Griffin, Jones, Presley, Norm Crosby - Caesar's Palace, Saturday, May 8, 1971
Backstage at Caesar's Palace, or in Tom Jones' suite.

He also saw Nancy Sinatra's opening show at Caesar's Palace in August 1970:

Elvis Saw Nancy at Caesar's --> It's Really No Mystery Now!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=73357
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=76290

He enjoyed the town, at times.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:38 am

He looks pretty mellow in those pictures considering how upset he was the night before.

Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:55 pm

TCB-FAN collated this collection of photos taken of Elvis' arrival and departure from the Tom Jones show on 3rd September 1974 in a previous post...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=80268

Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:33 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Anyone know the answer to this? I believe he visited there in '74 and that he was seen in the lobby. What did he go to see there and were there any pics taken?

In limousine at Hilton, en route to Tom Jones show at Caesar's Palace, September 3, 1974

Introduced at Tom Jones' show, Caesar's Palace - September 3, 1974

Merv Griffin, Jones, Presley, Norm Crosby - Caesar's Palace, Saturday, May 8, 1971

is that the same Tom Jones show in 1974 where Elvis gets on stage and does karate demo? there is a pic online of that happening somewhere.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:07 am

DEH wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:

Introduced at Tom Jones' show, Caesar's Palace - September 3, 1974

is that the same Tom Jones show in 1974 where Elvis gets on stage and does karate demo? there is a pic online of that happening somewhere.

Yup.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:21 am

The clock says quarter to 9. I doubt if the show started at midnight and went on till the morning.
So must be 8:45 pm.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:04 am

merry77 wrote:The clock says quarter to 9. I doubt if the show started at midnight and went on till the morning.
So must be 8:45 pm.

Sorry, but you are mistaken.

What we see of the clock on the wall is the 'minute' hand (at 00:48:00) and the 'second' hand (at 00:00:12) , not the 'hour' hand.

clock_DETAIL.JPG

My guess is the candid was probably at 1:48 am, or 01:48:12.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:27 pm

There is a face shot of EP from that '74 Tom Jones show that's missing from this thread. Anyone got it handy? I recall it being published in Sean Shaver's Life of Elvis, and on the front cover of some old bootleg, perhaps of the '74 Roanoke show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:49 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:There is a face shot of EP from that '74 Tom Jones show that's missing from this thread. Anyone got it handy? I recall it being published in Sean Shaver's Life of Elvis, and on the front cover of some old bootleg, perhaps of the '74 Roanoke show.

got it somewhere...will this do for now
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:57 pm

VEGAS74 wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:There is a face shot of EP from that '74 Tom Jones show that's missing from this thread. Anyone got it handy? I recall it being published in Sean Shaver's Life of Elvis, and on the front cover of some old bootleg, perhaps of the '74 Roanoke show.

got it somewhere...will this do for now

quite the showman

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:00 pm

You probably mean this magnificent candid:

740903_in audience Tom Jones_Caesar's Palace.JPG
Photo: Judy Palmer
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:05 pm

both on stage...

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:05 pm

Thanks for all your replies. The picture of Elvis with the lady seems to have been taken in some place not accessible by the public due to the rather ugly background (hand written 'menu', ugly plug socket etc)
Apparantly, there is an article about this meeting with Elvis in the Christmas 1974 UK Fan Club magazine, of which I don't have a copy. I believe there is also an alternate picture of the lady's friend with Elvis in that magazine too as Elvis granted them a picture each. Does anyone have a copy of this magazine to upload here please?

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:12 pm

Tony.. wrote:Thanks for all your replies. The picture of Elvis with the lady seems to have been taken in some place not accessible by the public due to the rather ugly background (hand written 'menu', ugly plug socket etc)
Apparantly, there is an article about this meeting with Elvis in the Christmas 1974 UK Fan Club magazine, of which I don't have a copy. I believe there is also an alternate picture of the lady's friend with Elvis in that magazine too as Elvis granted them a picture each. Does anyone have a copy of this magazine to upload here please?

Maybe someone does. Glad you enjoyed my uploads.

::rocks

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah that's the one, thanks Vegas74 & DJC.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Yeah that's the one, thanks Vegas74 & DJC.

It's a cool picture, and I just remembered it was taken by Seattle super-fan Judy Palmer. She took some great shots of him, from 1968-1976.

I'm adding the credit now.

Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:03 am

Judy Palmer with promo poster for her book...

Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:35 pm

I own the book ''My treasured Memories of ELVIS''.
Alot of great shots are in there.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Anyone got the December '74 UK Fan Club magazine??

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:16 am

Tony.. wrote:Anyone got the December '74 UK Fan Club magazine??

These folks do:

Elvis Presley A Collection Of Elvis Presley Fan Club Magazines UK
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=341219

Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:27 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tony.. wrote:Anyone got the December '74 UK Fan Club magazine??

These folks do:

Elvis Presley A Collection Of Elvis Presley Fan Club Magazines UK
http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=341219

Thanks for that, although they do not actually have them in stock. This site (eil.com) tend to still have listed all the stuff they have sold in the past and are very overpriced on most items. So we are still searching for that December '74 magazine that, I believe, reveals a great story and a possible alternate photo or 2 from this night at Ceasars' Palace.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:46 pm

You'll be glad to know that I have now obtained a copy of the said Christmas '74 Fan Club magazine, thanks to Elvis collector friend Ann. Here is the article as printed in that magazine AND THE ALTERNATE picture!!! Brilliant stuff.
CEASARS PALACE ARTICLE.jpg

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:31 pm

Tony.. wrote:You'll be glad to know that I have now obtained a copy of the said Christmas '74 Fan Club magazine, thanks to Elvis collector friend Ann. Here is the article as printed in that magazine AND THE ALTERNATE picture!!! Brilliant stuff.
CEASARS PALACE ARTICLE.jpg

Nice one Tony, I looked high and low for my copy of the mag..got to be here somewhere?
I do recall at the time some on our trip were all a bit "miffed" she got to meet Elvis because it was said she was a Tom Jones fan realy and just tagged along with the fan club but I thought good luck to the girls!

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:26 pm

How anyone can prefer Tom Jones to Elvis is a complete mystery to me. And why on earth would English people travel to America to watch Jones when you can see him at your local 'Derby & Joan' club??!! LOL