Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:14 pm

How rare is this CD

Almost in Love
Matrix number: CAD2440 ++ 73125-01
BMG Special Product for 'Avon'. Mail order only. Deleted from catalog only one month after first release.

thanks with any input!

Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:25 pm

I don't know the answer but I have one that I've been on the fence of selling or not.

I got it when I was around 10 so the disc has scratches but still plays with no skips.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... inlove.htm

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:32 pm

TINML wrote:I don't know the answer but I have one that I've been on the fence of selling or not.

I got it when I was around 10 so the disc has scratches but still plays with no skips.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/frame.htm?http ... inlove.htm


thanks - I saw that. I also saw in the Elvis CD collectors guide that is books for $100. Just was wondering how rare it really is. Is it up there with the Stereo Reproduced 4 that came out in 85??

Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:39 pm

Try finding another copy, and let us know how long it took and your frequency of searches on which media, then you'll get a sense of its scarcity. I think I spent two years until I found mine, daily searching on various countries' versions of eBay (whilst looking for other PD and ND CDs).

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:39 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Try finding another copy, and let us know how long it took and your frequency of searches on which media, then you'll get a sense of its scarcity. I think I spent two years until I found mine, daily searching on various countries' versions of eBay (whilst looking for other PD and ND CDs).

Thanks for your response.

The main reason I was asking is I just found one at my used CD store and its Near MINT!

:)

Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:57 am

Ultimx wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:Try finding another copy, and let us know how long it took and your frequency of searches on which media, then you'll get a sense of its scarcity. I think I spent two years until I found mine, daily searching on various countries' versions of eBay (whilst looking for other PD and ND CDs).

Thanks for your response.

The main reason I was asking is I just found one at my used CD store and its Near MINT!

:)

Mark


Nice, that's a pretty rare thing! I'd throw it up on eBay for $200 and see what happens.

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:01 am

TINML wrote:
Ultimx wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:Try finding another copy, and let us know how long it took and your frequency of searches on which media, then you'll get a sense of its scarcity. I think I spent two years until I found mine, daily searching on various countries' versions of eBay (whilst looking for other PD and ND CDs).

Thanks for your response.

The main reason I was asking is I just found one at my used CD store and its Near MINT!

:)

Mark


Nice, that's a pretty rare thing! I'd throw it up on eBay for $200 and see what happens.



MOMMA!

:D

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:41 am

TINML wrote:
Ultimx wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:Try finding another copy, and let us know how long it took and your frequency of searches on which media, then you'll get a sense of its scarcity. I think I spent two years until I found mine, daily searching on various countries' versions of eBay (whilst looking for other PD and ND CDs).

Thanks for your response.

The main reason I was asking is I just found one at my used CD store and its Near MINT!

:)

Mark


Nice, that's a pretty rare thing! I'd throw it up on eBay for $200 and see what happens.


I took your advice. You can locate it up in the Sell / Trade Section of the forum. Its on ebay!
thanks
Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:43 am

You might want to correct your eBay ad since you advertised it as being released in 1985.
It was actually released 12 years later in 1997.
And this CD (and also the other Avon CD, Hits From His Movies) isn't even half as rare as the Reprocessed Stereo CD's.

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:31 am

Bob-Holland wrote:You might want to correct your eBay ad since you advertised it as being released in 1985.
It was actually released 12 years later in 1997.
And this CD (and also the other Avon CD, Hits From His Movies) isn't even half as rare as the Reprocessed Stereo CD's.


I saw that as well on elvis on cd pages - they have it listed as released in 1997.

BUT - the CD clearly states "THIS COMPILATION 1985" on the artwork and on the CD itself. I think the Elvis On CD pages is incorrect stating this is from 1997. The CD does not say 1997 anywhere on it.

I hear ya on this not being as RARE as the reprocessed stereo ones

thanks

Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:04 am

Mark, the website is correct and you are wrong.

Check your Elvis Presley (1st album) CD. It says Copyright 1956. According to your assumptions this CD would have been pressed in 1956?

The copyright year on your CD (1985) is the last year the original album was renewed.
It was pressed in 1997. No doubt about it.

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:27 am

Bob-Holland wrote:Mark, the website is correct and you are wrong.

Check your Elvis Presley (1st album) CD. It says Copyright 1956. According to your assumptions this CD would have been pressed in 1956?

The copyright year on your CD (1985) is the last year the original album was renewed.
It was pressed in 1997. No doubt about it.


Well this would not be the first time I was wrong and it certainly wont be the last time that I will be wrong.

I can only go by what the cd says. How do you know that it was pressed in 1997 no doubt about it?? Not picking a fight - just curious.

thanks
Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:32 am

Mark, he's right the disc was manufactured for Avon in 1997.

I bought mine that year from the Avon catalogue ( my aunt would sell it, Rest her soul).

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:00 pm

I bought this CD from Paul Dowling of Worlwide Elvis in 1992 or 1993. Absolutely not in 1997 or later!

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:33 pm

PetriTCB wrote:I bought this CD from Paul Dowling of Worlwide Elvis in 1992 or 1993. Absolutely not in 1997 or later!

If you did then it's a bootleg repo because the CD came out in 1997 in the Avon catalogue.

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:10 pm

I will change the listing..

thanks
Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Also - I will accept offers on it - just let me know you are from the Forum and I will do you a deal.
thanks
Mark

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:You might want to correct your eBay ad since you advertised it as being released in 1985.
It was actually released 12 years later in 1997.
And this CD (and also the other Avon CD, Hits From His Movies) isn't even half as rare as the Reprocessed Stereo CD's.



could you link me to these "reprocessed stereo" cds? im having trouble finding them on elvisoncd.com

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:02 pm

voldto wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:You might want to correct your eBay ad since you advertised it as being released in 1985.
It was actually released 12 years later in 1997.
And this CD (and also the other Avon CD, Hits From His Movies) isn't even half as rare as the Reprocessed Stereo CD's.



could you link me to these "reprocessed stereo" cds? im having trouble finding them on elvisoncd.com

They were issued by mistake. So just look up an original 50s title (example Elvis Golden Records) and then click on the variants and the first issue is the ERS version.

They appear on the first page of the time index.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:06 pm

What version of A Little Less Conversation does it have? The single version with the "ha" in the intro? Or the mistakenly issued version like on the original LP?

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:25 am

skatterbrane wrote:
voldto wrote:could you link me to these "reprocessed stereo" cds? im having trouble finding them on elvisoncd.com

They were issued by mistake. So just look up an original 50s title (example Elvis Golden Records) and then click on the variants and the first issue is the ERS version.

They appear on the first page of the time index.

http://www.elvisoncd.com/


In the ABC Index you find: Elvis' Golden Records
On the 'Elvis' Golden Records' site just under the picture of the front cover you'll se: USA Releases click here
Do it - and you will have a site with nearly all USA 'Elvis' Golden Records' releases
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:49 am

In 1985 there were very few cds and players on the market. The LP version was released in 1985. The CD in 1997. I believe the first Elvis cd, the german 3 cd gold box set was released in 1985 wasn't it?

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:07 am

Not get off track but http://www.elvisoncd.com/ and http://www.elvisrecords.us/ are the two best Elvis collector sites on the planet! :wink:

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:11 am

promiseland wrote:Not get off track but http://www.elvisoncd.com/ and http://www.elvisrecords.us/ are the two best Elvis collector sites on the planet! :wink:


I agree

:D

Re: ?? about Avon Almost in Love CD - Rare??

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:30 pm

I also have of the

Elvis Presley Hits From His Movies vol 1 - the other AVON cd. In excellent to near mint condition. I put that up the other night.

thanks and let me know if anyone is interested.

Mark