Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:16 am

Hmmm the 1974 show sounds pretty awful sound quality to me. the Sept 1972 show sounds much better, but still not that great. :?

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:22 am

YDKM wrote:Hmmm the 1974 show sounds pretty awful sound quality to me. the Sept 1972 show sounds much better, but still not that great. :?

i agree, the sept 1972 show sounds a bit distant to me

Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:47 am

I was interested in the 1974 show. No more.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:42 am

I must be hearing different samples to u guys lol. These are AR so not gonna be the best sounding cds but better than we have before. Im looking forward to having these in my collection but we all wish they were SB recording but im grateful for what we r getting. TOUCHDOWN arent the best label but not the worse. Ive got mine on pre order so I will let u no wat u are missing or not lol. . ::rocks

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:35 am

Ciscoking wrote:
We already had the OS on "Something Old, Something New" by Memory Records and this would be mentioned. My best guess is that it is January 26, 1974 MS.

I'm giving this cd a listen, I haven't listened to it in years... it is a very good audience recording!

JEFF d
EP fan

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:51 am

Ciscoking wrote:We already had the OS on "Something Old, Something New" by Memory Records and this would be mentioned. My best guess is that it is January 26, 1974 MS.

Happy New Year, Cisco! That's great detective's work pinpointing the exact date. However, I need to correct you a little bit. The official opening show was released on FTD's I Found My Thrill (incorrectly dated as the January 27 DS; it should be January 27 OS). Memory Records released the January 26 DS (not OS).

Since Frank Sinatra returned to performing in Vegas on January 26, Elvis decided to postpone his opening show and instead perform two regular shows on January 26 (dinner and midnight). There was only one show on January 27 (official OS). Just to clear up the confusion. Or perhaps adding to it.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:22 pm

Ken Jensen wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:We already had the OS on "Something Old, Something New" by Memory Records and this would be mentioned. My best guess is that it is January 26, 1974 MS.

Happy New Year, Cisco! That's great detective's work pinpointing the exact date. However, I need to correct you a little bit. The official opening show was released on FTD's I Found My Thrill (incorrectly dated as the January 27 DS; it should be January 27 OS). Memory Records released the January 26 DS (not OS).

Since Frank Sinatra returned to performing in Vegas on January 26, Elvis decided to postpone his opening show and instead perform two regular shows on January 26 (dinner and midnight). There was only one show on January 27 (official OS). Just to clear up the confusion. Or perhaps adding to it.

You are so right..
Thank you for pointing this out..and A Happy New Year to you, too,..my friend.. ::rocks
Last edited by Ciscoking on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:51 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:

I recorded 4 of the Lisa Marie Presley shows i was at back in 2003, i wonder if they will ever be in demand years from now, eh, ya never know.

I would hang on to them,there are a lot of Lisa Marie fans out, more that most think for whatever reason
rather it be her music or because she's ELvis daughter ect.
and in the collection-world you are right,you just never know!

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:49 pm

YDKM wrote:Hmmm the 1974 show sounds pretty awful sound quality to me. the Sept 1972 show sounds much better, but still not that great. :?

...to me the 1972 show sounds worse..than the other..

Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:54 pm

Ciscoking wrote:

...to me the 1972 show sounds worse..than the other..

any chance FTD owns one of the January 26 1974 concerts?? or atleast big hunk o love?

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:51 am

Johnny2523 wrote:any chance FTD owns one of the January 26 1974 concerts?? or atleast big hunk o love?

Definitely! That doesn't mean that they do, though. :D

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:59 pm

I reckon i could still enjoy more from FTD for this Winter 74 Engagement it was consistant~!

Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:39 pm

I will let you know how both of them are.

You're welcome.

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:25 am

Back On Track In Vegas audio samples

http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/backontrackinvegas.htm

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:40 am

Gee i am glad i didn't buy this as sound to my ears is exactly as i suspected 'second rate' :|
give me a SA release any day!~

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:42 am

At Dinner In Vegas Sound samples
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cds/atdinnerinvegas.htm

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:39 am

:D Hey these latest from Sept 3rd 1972 sound much MUCH better!~ even 7/10 certainly listenable and 'ok' for a new show! 8)

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:32 am

Just for die-hard collectors..both of them...watch out for better sounding concerts of these days..
....There are..

Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:06 am

Wasn't Marty Panseta present only during January 26, 1974 DS ? Is it possible that Something Old, Something New is from January 26, 1974 MS and Back On Track in Vegas from January 26, 1974 DS?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:14 am

Francesc wrote:Wasn't Marty Panseta present only during January 26, 1974 DS ? Is it possible that Something Old, Something New is from January 26, 1974 MS and Back On Track in Vegas from January 26, 1974 DS?

you know i was wondering just the SAME QUESTION and another reason why i stayed AWAY from this 'import' CD :?

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:09 am

Francesc wrote:Wasn't Marty Panseta present only during January 26, 1974 DS ?

You have a source..?

During the DS at the beginning Elvis makes a remark "Me and Old Blue Eyes are back"....I have to check where.....acc.to "Did Elvis Sing In Your Hometown, Too" book.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:11 pm

On the Memory Records release Something Old, Something New dated January 26, 1974 OS Elvis exactly makes this remark about Old Blue Eyes and him being back. That matches the article in the book. Elvis also says during the beginning of the show that he had 5 months off. He introduces Jack Lord who was sitting in a booth with Linda Thompson and Sammy Shore among others. The date is not quite correct since it was the DS of the day. The real opening 10 pm night was one day later. But there is no mixing up of dates. The info about Marty Pasetta attending the DS must be wrong. It was the MS.
Last edited by Ciscoking on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Ciscoking wrote:On the Memory Records release Something Old, Something New dated January 26, 1970 OS.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:50 pm

Rob wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:On the Memory Records release Something Old, Something New dated January 26, 1970 OS.

Amended..thanks friend.. :smt006

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:49 am

Does someone have the Elvis Monthly from March 1976 ? Apparently there's an article about it.