Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:51 pm

Niagara.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:09 am

Boy that's nice. You may enjoy this ad I found today for a 1952 single:


Billboard Sep 27 1952 p35.JPG
Billboard - September 27, 1952


Here's the single:


phpBB [video]



Photos apparently taken at a party hosted by American bandleader Ray Anthony on Sunday, August 3, 1952:


520803_Ray Anthony party.JPG


Ray posted footage from this party on YouTube very recently:


phpBB [video]



Anthony just turned 92. What’s his secret?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:40 am

Thanks, Doc. That was a fantastic post !

I think Marilyn was at her prettiest during this period. She was absolutely stunning.

I didn't know about Ray Anthony's "Marilyn" record. That's a good addition ! I'm familiar with Anthony through his connection with the movie "The Girl Can't Help It", where he plays a song called "Rock Around The Rockpile", ably assisted (?) by Jayne Mansfield.

Good stuff !

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 am

Mister Moon wrote:Thanks, Doc. That was a fantastic post !

I think Marilyn was at her prettiest during this period. She was absolutely stunning.

I didn't know about Ray Anthony's "Marilyn" record. That's a good addition ! I'm familiar with Anthony through his connection with the movie "The Girl Can't Help It", where he plays a song called "Rock Around The Rockpile", ably assisted (?) by Jayne Mansfield.

Good stuff !


Thank you for the kind words.

To this day, Marilyn Monroe remains the most unspeakably beautiful actress that ever walked the planet.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Another one ! :

Niagara b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:29 pm

A nice magazine cover from this same era, with another Jock Carroll image, an alternate to the one in the first post, really :

Weekend.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Nice photos from a small gem of a film. I like Niagara very much and Marilyn is easily among my favourite actresses. She was entering into a golden period for her career after this film. And a series of roles that would make her among the most popular and fondly remembered movie stars ever.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Thank you so much for this topic, Mister Moon! :smt007

I recently watched "Niagara" on Blu-ray and it looks fabulous. God, she was so beautiful.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm

greystoke wrote:Nice photos from a small gem of a film. I like Niagara very much and Marilyn is easily among my favourite actresses. She was entering into a golden period for her career after this film. And a series of roles that would make her among the most popular and fondly remembered movie stars ever.


luckyjackson1 wrote:Thank you so much for this topic, Mister Moon! :smt007

I recently watched "Niagara" on Blu-ray and it looks fabulous. God, she was so beautiful.


Thanks greystoke and luckyjackson1. Glad you liked this.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Thu May 01, 2014 9:09 pm

530103.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Mon May 05, 2014 10:38 am

Mister Moon wrote:
Niagara.jpg

Beautiful !

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Mon May 05, 2014 11:26 am

Here's a little screenshot I took a while back... actually I took a picture from a still of my plasma TV :wink:

DSCN5284.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

luckyjackson1 wrote:Thank you so much for this topic, Mister Moon! :smt007

I recently watched "Niagara" on Blu-ray and it looks fabulous. God, she was so beautiful.


Niagara looks quite magnificent on Blu-ray. Fox have outdone themselves with regards to getting their Marilyn Monroe films onto Blu-ray, with each and every release proving to be very good, and excellent in many instances. I still think that Gentlemen Prefer Blondes suffers from a bit too much DNR, although it's still quite stunning looking, but Niagara may well be the choice Marilyn Monroe Blu-ray with regards to picture quality.

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Thu May 08, 2014 11:39 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Here's a little screenshot I took a while back... actually I took a picture from a still of my plasma TV :wink:

DSCN5284.JPG


Tremendous, luckyjackson1 !

Thanks for the post !

Re: Marilyn Monroe - Publicity Shot For "Niagara" - 1952

Sat May 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Mister Moon wrote:
luckyjackson1 wrote:Here's a little screenshot I took a while back... actually I took a picture from a still of my plasma TV :wink:

DSCN5284.JPG


Tremendous, luckyjackson1 !

Thanks for the post !

You're very welcome, Mister Moon! I love this picture! :D :smt007