Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New movie soundtrack box

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:25 am

Just checked my other 4 masters of I'll Remember You and they all have it. Must be tape damage.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:27 am

skatterbrane wrote:Well I am GREATLY disappointed the booklet does not give initial sales figures of each LP like the first 20 Album box set did. :wtf:

That's because the first box copied the album comments from the CM box set book, while this one has a dedicated essay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:36 am

frus75 wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Well I am GREATLY disappointed the booklet does not give initial sales figures of each LP like the first 20 Album box set did. :wtf:

That's because the first box copied the album comments from the CM box set book, while this one has a dedicated essay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish they had copied the CM box, that is one of the things I miss about not having the CM box, (the initial sales figures) and it was the second most important thing I was looking forward to with this collection. I have already made CD-Rs of the material from the CM box that was not available on individual CDs with the 2007 masterings.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:02 am

Okay, I am done listening, time to put it up for future reference. A few of the bonus track mixes were interesting. Much of Speedway is not so great. Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby sounds better on Command Performances (the 60s box companion) and the Pair issue of Clambake/Speedway has some better mixes of Speedway material.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:29 pm

skatterbrane wrote:Okay, I am done listening, time to put it up for future reference. A few of the bonus track mixes were interesting. Much of Speedway is not so great. Your Time Hasn't Come Yet Baby sounds better on Command Performances (the 60s box companion) and the Pair issue of Clambake/Speedway has some better mixes of Speedway material.

Hey Scatterbrane - I ordered mine from Zoverstocks also right after you. I don't know where you live but I'm in California so maybe mine will arrive later this week. Did Zoverstocks pack this well in a box with lots of bubble wrap?

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:33 pm

No, they simply put it in a padded envelope. One of my corners was dented in.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:59 pm

skatterbrane wrote:No, they simply put it in a padded envelope. One of my corners was dented in.

:wtf:

They fit that box in an envelope!??!

Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:00 am

Yep it looked like it was pregnant.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:23 am

Bummer. But thanks for letting me know. :(

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28 am

Finally the box is here. The artwork is great and fit nicely in the little box with the book. Just had time to sample a little from each one tonight. These are surely the re-masters and they are sounding good.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:06 am

yes i am still dipping into this set.... GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS and VIVA LAS VEGAS play and sound great- as said the 2007 re-masters!~ :D

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 pm

I have played most of the ones not included in the 8 that came out a few years ago. Sounding great. The false track listing for Viva is the listing for the earlier version. So both Vivas play the songs in different order.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:11 am

Finally gave up on Amazon (U.S.). Cancelled order. Ordered from Amazon (U.K.) for virtually the same price as the Amazon (U.S.) pre order guarantee. According email received I should receive my order no later than March 11th. Fingers crossed. Amazon (U.S.) STILL doesn't have the item in stock.

Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:57 pm

You will like them Jerry. It's great to hear original LP's sounding good on CD. Pretty sure that the 8 that were put out a few years ago are exactly the same except for Viva which has a different running order. The few mistakes of song lists is not a major thing. I've been playing mine every day since they arrived. I even liked listening to Speedway!!!!

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:25 am

L Ray: When I first pre ordered the soundtrack box from Amazon (U.S.) on 12-23-13, the price listed online was around $30.00 IIRC. About a month later I got an email from Amazon saying they were having trouble obtaining the item and they asked me for more time to fulfill my order. About the same time their online price jumped to around $80.00. The online price as of today has jumped to near $100.00. Just thought you'd find the info interesting.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:28 am

When I ordered from USA Amazon on Dec 4th, the price was $39.95. It never dipped lower than that, as I checked daily.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 am

skatterbrane: Yes, you're right. I wasn't sure I remembered the initial online price correctly. That price has gone up twice since you and I first placed our orders. I just rechecked an email from Amazon (U.K.). Wth any luck my soundtrack box should be here in early March. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:50 pm

I would love to learn why USA suppliers have not been able to get their shipment of them. Only "resellers" are offering them in the US.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 pm

JerryNodak wrote:L Ray: When I first pre ordered the soundtrack box from Amazon (U.S.) on 12-23-13, the price listed online was around $30.00 IIRC. About a month later I got an email from Amazon saying they were having trouble obtaining the item and they asked me for more time to fulfill my order. About the same time their online price jumped to around $80.00. The online price as of today has jumped to near $100.00. Just thought you'd find the info interesting.

$100. I'll have to take a look at that. I guess they will get it in stock eventually. Wondering if the mistakes will be fixed.

Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:33 pm

JerryNodak wrote:skatterbrane: Yes, you're right. I wasn't sure I remembered the initial online price correctly. That price has gone up twice since you and I first placed our orders. I just rechecked an email from Amazon (U.K.). Wth any luck my soundtrack box should be here in early March. Fingers crossed. I'll keep you posted.

Amazon (U.K.) informed me this morning that they have dispatched my order. Estimated delivery date is March 5th. Fingers crossed. And to think this all started when I pre ordered from Amazon (U.S.) on 11-23-13.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:32 pm

Amazon USA is no longer offering it for sale (they never got it in stock) and Collector's Choice just sent me an email saying they cannot stock it either.

Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 pm

skatterbrane wrote:Amazon USA is no longer offering it for sale (they never got it in stock) and Collector's Choice just sent me an email saying they cannot stock it either.

I see it being offered on eBay for around $70 plus shipping but I'm not gonna pull the trigger just yet...

Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 am

You can get it for almost half that price from Amazon vendors. I got mine from Zoverstocks.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:30 pm

TINML wrote:
skatterbrane wrote:Amazon USA is no longer offering it for sale (they never got it in stock) and Collector's Choice just sent me an email saying they cannot stock it either.

I see it being offered on eBay for around $70 plus shipping but I'm not gonna pull the trigger just yet...

I think you can do better on Amazon… I've seen it listed from $45 to $150 (plus ship fees) and many showing in-stock. Best to check seller's in-stock status, shipping from locations (for transit time) and ensure you get a track#. Might want to ask sellers' packaging method (box or padded envelope) before placing an order. Good Luck!

Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:42 pm

skatterbrane wrote:You can get it for almost half that price from Amazon vendors. I got mine from Zoverstocks.

Yep, that 's the one I used. I'm having lots of fun with the great sounding discs.