Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: "My Mom And Elvis" - Paris, France - 1959 ?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm

alansgail wrote:MisterMoon, I don't have a better photo of my Mom with Elvis, as you requested above. It's obviously a very old b&w photo and the exposure wasn't the best so I just have what I have. It may be worth it however to see if I could get the photo "cleaned up" by a pro.

The photo is OK as it is, Gail.

I was just wondering if we could have it "straightened", that's all.

Thanks again.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 am

How cool that your Mom got to meet Elvis! Thank you for sharing your photos with us!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:26 pm

I'd like to add my thanks to Gail!

(And to Mister Moon, of course.)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re:

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:44 pm

rjm wrote:I'd like to add my thanks to Gail!

(And to Mister Moon, of course.)

:smt006

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:23 pm

Great story!

Lovely to see Elvis got to see some of the world when he was in the army.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:30 pm

This is one awesome topic!
Thanks to all those involved! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

alansgail wrote:So that was my Mom with Elvis! Imagine my surprise when someone emailed me the alternate view.....it blew my mind! Obviously while my Dad was taking the original someone else was taking a photo of them nearby.
I told my Dad about this and he told me the story as he remembers it........we were stationed in France, he was in the Air Force as a medic. My younger brother was born in France and he was a few months old so they went into Paris to go to the American Embassy to register him as an American citizen.
It was my Mom and Dad and another couple, a friend that my Dad worked with and his wife. As they were walking down the Champs Elysee my Dad saw a big group of people walking towards them.....he watched them pass and said, "That was Elvis!" My Mom and her friend didn't see him but went running after him after he'd passed and asked if they could have their pictures taken with him. My Dad said he was so nice about it and very accommodating.....a real gentleman.
I'm attaching another photo that he took of Elvis in Paris, I hope it works for you to see the photo.

Here is another of Elvis and Charlie (also with Mansfield, Bienstock and Fike) from that day.

According to 'Like Any Other Soldier' this photo was taken on June 17, 1959.

It always struck me kind of odd, that Elvis, who I assume would have liked some privacy for a change, would walk around the Champs Elysees in his uniform while all his buddies are in civilian clothes.
:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:25 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:This is one awesome topic!

alansgail wrote:So that was my Mom with Elvis! Imagine my surprise when someone emailed me the alternate view.....it blew my mind! Obviously while my Dad was taking the original someone else was taking a photo of them nearby.
I told my Dad about this and he told me the story as he remembers it........we were stationed in France, he was in the Air Force as a medic. My younger brother was born in France and he was a few months old so they went into Paris to go to the American Embassy to register him as an American citizen.
It was my Mom and Dad and another couple, a friend that my Dad worked with and his wife. As they were walking down the Champs Elysee my Dad saw a big group of people walking towards them.....he watched them pass and said, "That was Elvis!" My Mom and her friend didn't see him but went running after him after he'd passed and asked if they could have their pictures taken with him. My Dad said he was so nice about it and very accommodating.....a real gentleman.
I'm attaching another photo that he took of Elvis in Paris, I hope it works for you to see the photo.

Here is another of Elvis and Charlie (also with Mansfield, Bienstock and Fike) from that day.

It always struck me kind of odd, that Elvis, who I assume would have liked some privacy for a change, would walk around the Champs Elysees in his uniform while all his buddies are in civilian clothes.

Thanks for the additional photo and information, Bob !

Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:38 pm

Could the guy between Elvis and Freddy Bienstock be Julian Aberbach?

Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:40 am

jon_burrows wrote:

It's his brother, Jean Aberbach. Here they all are, perhaps the same day, June 17, 1959, at the Moulin Rouge:

With Italian entertainer Torrebruno, U.S. singer Nancy Holloway, Jean Aberbach and Freddy Bienstalk - Moulin Rouge, Paris, Wednesday, June 17, 1959

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:24 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
jon_burrows wrote:

It's his brother, Jean Aberbach. Here they all are, perhaps the same day, June 17, 1959, at the Moulin Rouge:

With Italian entertainer Torrebruno, U.S. singer Nancy Holloway, Jean Aberbach and Freddy Bienstalk - Moulin Rouge, Paris, Wednesday, June 17, 1959

Thanks, Doc. I did originally think it could be Jean Aberbach, then I saw this photo (below) which is apparently Julian Aberbach. But it's difficult to say as few photos exist of Julian.

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 am

jon_burrows wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
jon_burrows wrote:

Thanks, Doc. I did originally think it could be Jean Aberbach, then I saw this photo (below) which is apparently Julian Aberbach. But it's difficult to say as few photos exist of Julian.

That is indeed Julian Aberbach, circa 1930, when he was a young man.

He may have passed away almost 10 years ago, at the age of 95, but his website is still up, and in present tense!

Julian Aberbach
http://www.julianaberbach.com/