Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:04 am

memphisound wrote:Image

Man that ending on Polk Salad Annie. Been along time since I've played this one all the way through and enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the live "Blue Christmas" even more. :smt002

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:08 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
memphisound wrote:Image

Man that ending on Polk Salad Annie. Been along time since I've played this one all the way through and enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the live "Blue Christmas" even more. :smt002

Haven't got there yet got it on shuffle. On a serious note though, the whole Are You Lonesome Tonight routine in '77 was silly, but the last lines.."And i'm standing there with emptiness all around"...always struck a nerve in me with how he said it..Obviously I think their was some sincere honesty in that line.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:21 am

I just listened to On Stage Season Closing Night, with the volume very high.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Hot August Night FTD

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:36 pm

King Volcano wrote:I just listened to On Stage Season Closing Night, with the volume very high.

How long have you been hearing impaired?

Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

Rob wrote:
King Volcano wrote:I just listened to On Stage Season Closing Night, with the volume very high.

How long have you been hearing impaired?

Pardon?

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 pm

october encore in lake tahoe - 13 oct, 74 - dinner show

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:31 pm

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:50 pm

my, it`s been a long, long time - 30 june 1976

Excellent sound :)

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Madison, June 24, 1977 ES

www.elvisoncd.com/EIGENECD_a-z/import/S ... adison.htm

I wanted to find out which show is worse Madison or Houston 76 ...it`s Houston definitely..

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:30 pm

Pearl Harbor 1961

Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:31 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Madison, June 24, 1977 ES

Was there an afternoon show on this day?

How was it?

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Rob wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:Madison, June 24, 1977 ES

Was there an afternoon show on this day?

How was it?

No,..only an evening show at 8:30 pm. I usually add this tag to be as precise as possible
and to exclude any other possible daytimes. Special help for newbies who are always
thankful for ANY info.. :wink: ....

Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm

February 13 1971 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show...

A really good show.

Elvis is in a good mood and intros himself as Johnny Cash. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie, "Something", "How Great Thou Art", "The Impossible Dream". He sings "Can't Help Falling In Love" as the third song and during "You've Lost That Lovin Feeling" i think he wears the Gorilla Mask. When he does the whip around after having his back to the crowd they start laughing and u hear a woman shout for him to take it off. unfortunately it is a short version as he leaves out the "I get down on my knees for you " part. "Sweet Caroline" is a little longer than normal because he repeats one of the verses. He also intros a celeb but i can't make out who it is. if anyone listens to the show and can tell who it is let me know.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
I Walk The Line (intro only)
Can't Help Falling In Love
Sweet Caroline
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (short version)
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Elvis Intros James Burton
Johnny B Goode
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmoreland
Something (1 line only)
"Instrumental Break"
How Great Thou Art
Mystery Train/Tigerman
Love Me
Don't Be cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Little Sister/Get Back
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros ??????
The Impossible Dream

Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:35 pm

DEH wrote:February 13 1971 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show...

A really good show.

Elvis is in a good mood and intros himself as Johnny Cash. The Highlights of the show are "Polk Salad Annie, "Something", "How Great Thou Art", "The Impossible Dream". He sings "Can't Help Falling In Love" as the third song and during "You've Lost That Lovin Feeling" i think he wears the Gorilla Mask. When he does the whip around after having his back to the crowd they start laughing and u hear a woman shout for him to take it off. unfortunately it is a short version as he leaves out the "I get down on my knees for you " part. "Sweet Caroline" is a little longer than normal because he repeats one of the verses. He also intros a celeb but i can't make out who it is. if anyone listens to the show and can tell who it is let me know.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Sweet Caroline
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin (short version)
Polk Salad Annie
"Instrumental Break"
Elvis Intros James Burton
Johnny B Goode
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmoreland
Something (1 line only)
"Instrumental Break"
How Great Thou Art
Mystery Train/Tigerman
Love Me
Don't Be cruel
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Little Sister/Get Back
Hound Dog
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros ??????
The Impossible Dream

I think he may be introducing John Wayne.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 pm

Very nice show in good sound, nice bonus tracks too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:33 am

JohanD wrote:Very nice show in good sound, nice bonus tracks too.

"Memory" gave us some great releases, Pavel would send me each cd as it was released. The good old days.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 am

A great show.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:23 pm

Louisville Kentucky - November 7 1971....

This is a kickass show and with an excited audience. I don't think there was a bad show on the November 1971 tour. way better than November and September 1970.. Elvis is in a great mood and intros himself as Johnny Cash. The Highlights of the show are "Proud Mary", "You've Lost That Lovin Feelin", "Polk Salad Annie" with a little bit of "I John" thrown in which was cool, "Are You Lonesome Tonight?", "How Great Thou Art", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" with a reprise, "Lawdy Miss Clawdy", and "Suspicious Minds" with a big karate demo at the end. Can't find any faults in this show. And near the end of the show he introduces his grandfather Jesse Presley.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Amen
Proud Mary
Love Me Tender
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
You've Lost That Lovin Feelin
Polk Salad Annie/I John
"Instrumental Break"
Love Me
Heartbreak Hotel
Blue Suede Shoes
Are You Lonesome Tonight? (with 2 false starts)
Hound Dog
How Great Thou Art
-Band Intros-
I'm Leavin
Bridge Over Troubled Water (+ reprise)
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Its Now Or Never
Suspicious Minds
"Turn The House Lights Up"
Elvis intros Jessie Presley

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 am

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, August 30th 1976, ES.

The sound from this concert is excellent for a soundboard, and this is one of my favourite bootleg releases.

I have always been very fond of this concert because in my opinion, Elvis is in strong voice for 1976 and the whole concert is strong throughout. I particularly enjoy if you love me, you gave me a mountain, and I love you so (my favourite live version), jailhouse rock (strong version for 1976), fever, America the beautiful, love letters (my favourite live version), hurt, hound dog (funny version!), mystery train/tiger man (great version). In addition, I enjoy Kathy Westmoreland's 'my heavenly father' and Elvis' response is wonderful and touching.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:46 am

flamingstar81 wrote:Image

The sound from this concert is excellent for a soundboard, and this is one of my favourite bootleg releases.

I have always been very fond of this concert because in my opinion, Elvis is in strong voice for 1976 and the whole concert is strong throughout. I particularly enjoy if you love me, you gave me a mountain, and I love you so (my favourite live version), jailhouse rock (strong version for 1976), fever, America the beautiful, love letters (my favourite live version), hurt, hound dog (funny version!), mystery train/tiger man (great version). In addition, I enjoy Kathy Westmoreland's 'my heavenly father' and Elvis' response is wonderful and touching.

Isnt this the concert where elvis sings ''Baby let me be your loving teddy bear.. what your pregnant?''

Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:56 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
flamingstar81 wrote:Image

Isnt this the concert where elvis sings ''Baby let me be your loving teddy bear.. what your pregnant?''

Yes Johnny it is, Elvis seemed to be in good spirits that evening :D

Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 am

flamingstar81 wrote:Isnt this the concert where elvis sings ''Baby let me be your loving teddy bear.. what your pregnant?''

Yes Johnny it is, Elvis seemed to be in good spirits that evening :D[/quote]

He oftenly was in "good spirits" these days in the summer of 1976... :wink:

Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 am

Sorry if this question was asked before, but how many concerts are available from November 1971? I agree that this tour was better than the 1970 ones. To me Elvis November 1971 tour was the best of the 70's.

Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:37 am

Bruce Jackson gave me his copy of this CD at his apartment in East Sydney. I didn't have the heart to tell him I got it years before. He was a really generous, and unselfish guy. He knew who provided the copy of his tape.