Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: New Straight Arrow: Endless Summer Festival

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Tony you do seem to be missing the point here. These shows coming from SA have NEVER BEEN HEARD B4....therefore no matter what they are like it will be a brand new concert experience for me at a time when Elvis was singing very well/good shows in Las Vegas.With the very recent SA 'living from day to day-chasing a dream' i thoroughly enjoyed the up-grade in sound quality to a show i had wasted my money on b4 namely the 22/2/73 M/S...as i listened a pretty decent show~! It doesn't matter to me the track listing, but if the sound is a massive up-grade or like these forthcoming Vegas August 1973 shows then as a serious collector i want to hear them. Yes maybe same old songs and 'similar' performances but still 'new' to my ears and that's what i enjoy collect and want. I know SA and more new stuff will keep coming. Good on yer SA i say!~ :D 8) :lol:
p.s Yes LOVING YOU book maybe YOUR cup of tea but for me it is NOT-even if it will look 'nice'.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:09 am

sound samples PLEASE!

JEFF d
EP fan

Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

You know i just happened to be looking at Francesc's EXCELLENT site and for the Summer 1973 festival now he has up the MOST COMPREHENSIVE track-listings i have EVER seen!~... some taken just from 'review' such as this never heard show are VERY interesting because of the performance of 'SOMETHING' in August 1973!
August 23 1973 Dinner (8.15pm). Las Vegas NV. Hilton Hotel
TRACKLIST
2001 Theme / C C Rider / I Got A Woman - Amen / Love Me / You Gave Me A Mountain / Blue Suede Shoes / Long Tall Sally - Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On - Mama Dont Dance - Flip Flop And Fly - Jailhouse Rock - Hound Dog / Love Me Tender / Fever / How Great Thou Art / Suspicious Minds / Band Introductions / My Boy / Release Me / Something / An American Trilogy / A Big Hunk O Love / Cant Help Falling In Love / Closing Vamp /

only the track listings for these shows are now 'unknown' 12th Dinner,13th Dinner +Midnight,14th Midnight,15th Midnight,16th Dinner and midnight,17th dinner and midnight and 24th Midnight show. STUNNING information (ONLY missing track lists for just 10 of the full seasons shows!)and well worth a look/read if your into shows as much as i am
BIG THANKS Francesc!~ :D :D 8)

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 am

YDKM wrote:... some taken just from 'review' ..

I never take reviews for 100% granted..memories fades or whatever and often contemporary witnesses mix up dates...for me only the audio proof counts...all other is kind of speculation..anyway..all in all well done..anyway..

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Agree Cisco, but that's why we add at the end that it is from a review. There reviews are from REx Magazine so they are from that time and very recent from them.

Thanks YDKM

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Francesc wrote:Agree Cisco, but that's why we add at the end that it is from a review. There reviews are from REx Magazine so they are from that time and very recent from them.

That`s okay..so the reader knows that he has to take the respective set lists at least with reservations..

Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
Francesc wrote:Agree Cisco, but that's why we add at the end that it is from a review. There reviews are from REx Magazine so they are from that time and very recent from them.

That`s okay..so the reader knows that he has to take the respective set lists at least with reservations..

TRUE,,.... but if a reliable report VERY interesting info to savour~!
i remember first reading the track listing for the Asheville 24/7/75 and Cleveland 21/6/74 in Elvis fan magazines (maybe STRICTLY ELVIS?)and those reports came out true!~ :wink: :roll: 8)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:58 pm

For my friends over here at FECC..... :wink:

Sample CD 1

Sample CD 2

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:21 am

:shock: sounds great!

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:37 am

Thank you Cisco!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:33 am

JEFF d wrote: :shock: sounds great!

Why are you shocked? It's Straight Arrow. Sound samples are never needed for this label. It's always going to be good at the very least. I've been trying to tell you that sound samples are for wussies. We have wussies here. YOU, Jeff, are no wussy.

Get the CD.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:36 am

I've ordered a copy but I must stay strong and not listen to the samples.I ain't no wussy,no Sir not me.

norrie

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:48 am

JEFF d wrote::shock: sounds great!

JEFF d
EP fan

absolutely !~ its SA :D :smt007

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 am

Rob wrote:
JEFF d wrote: :shock: sounds great!

Why are you shocked? It's Straight Arrow. Sound samples are never needed for this label. It's always going to be good at the very least. I've been trying to tell you that sound samples are for wussies. We have wussies here. YOU, Jeff, are no wussy.

Get the CD.

yes it is 'Straight Arrow' but I still want samples... Rob I cant afford to buy everything that is released these days... I am very leary of buying audience recordings anyways when they are asking top dollar for these cds, after buying the 'Touchdown' release of the Nashville '73 concert as example (+ after hearing the samples from the latest Touchdown releases I will pass on them so samples are helpful for me). Yes I always want samples before I decide to buy or not, so yes I guess that I'm a 'wussie' as you call me. Thanks

JEFF d
EP fan

Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:38 pm

JEFF d wrote:I guess that I'm a 'wussie'.......

I absolutely refuse to believe that and you can't convince me otherwise.

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:29 pm

JEFF d wrote:yes it is 'Straight Arrow' but I still want samples..

you will get them..no matter whether you are a wuzzy or not.. :lol:

Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
JEFF d wrote:yes it is 'Straight Arrow' but I still want samples..

you will get them..no matter whether you are a wuzzy or not.. :lol:

Thank you sir I appreciate that! My shock at these samples were just that they sounded SO much better than what I even expected. Thanks again

We have here a really great lil Elvis community going here w. fans helping other fans!

JEFF d
EP fan

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:27 pm

Ciscoking wrote:For my friends over here at FECC..... :wink:

Sample CD 1

Sample CD 2

Thank you for the sound sample. Man that sounds really great for audience recording, in a way different than any other audience recording I've heard, but in a good way.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:07 pm

Good sounding audience recordings. Nothing more, nothing less.

Soundbooth recordings? No!

Will I get this release? I sure will cause I enjoy good audience recordings.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Or a bad soundbooth record?
Last edited by elvis1977br on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 am

:D The CD set is 'out' released yesterday!~ 8)

Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:02 pm

Very good sound.....for audience recordings.
Been a long time since I`ve listened to a complete audience recorded show but I really enjoyed this one.
(only played disc 1.....disc 2 follows later today)

Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:08 pm

:D Yes mine are on their way to me now..... :D

Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Two good shows in a very good sound, taped from someone in the audience.
These are not "soundbooth" recordings like the one on "The Profile" set, but from a very good amateur sounding source.

I enjoyed both a lot, always nice to hear something "new" after all these years.
Good one Straight Arrow!!

Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:13 am

JohanD wrote:Two good shows in a very good sound, taped from someone in the audience.
These are not "soundbooth" recordings like the one on "The Profile" set, but from a very good amateur sounding source.

I enjoyed both a lot, always nice to hear something "new" after all these years.
Good one Straight Arrow!!

It says they are 'booth' recordings. All that means is that they were recorded from the safety of a 'booth' which meant that the recording equipment didn't have to be hidden. That seems reasonable enough to me, they're certainly better sounding than the average recording made from inside a bag located under the tables in the room.