Dig deep into 70`s Elvis: the concerts, jumpsuits and all available live tapes.

FTD All Shook Up - strange noise during "Rubbernecking"?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:39 pm

I got my copy of this FTD today. During "Rubberneckin" there is a strange, digital beep in the left channel. Sounds like some kind of digital error in the mastering. Did anyone else experience this? Or is it just me?

Re: FTD All Shook Up - strange noise during "Rubbernecking"?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:42 pm

Whenever I decide to stop, look and listen to it again, I will let you know.

I've never noticed anything wrong with it before -- and that's alright with me.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks, it is hard to miss as it's quite loud in the ear, as loud as the music at least. Shame as the mastering on this disc is so much better than other FTD discs of shows at that time...

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 pm

Scoobie wrote:I got my copy of this FTD today. During "Rubberneckin" there is a strange, digital beep in the left channel. Sounds like some kind of digital error in the mastering. Did anyone else experience this? Or is it just me?

Just played it no issue. Contact dealer.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:29 pm

Scoobie wrote:I got my copy of this FTD today. During "Rubberneckin" there is a strange, digital beep in the left channel. Sounds like some kind of digital error in the mastering. Did anyone else experience this? Or is it just me?

There is no mastering error on my copy.

Try listening in more than one player. If you hear this noise consistently, it might be a problem with the pressing.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:37 pm

I don`t hear an error,..sorry..

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:33 pm

Thank you all for replying, looks like my cd is the problem... It is going back... Damn... At. Least I know... :(

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Mine has no beep

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:25 pm

The cd has been returned to my dealer for exchange, shame but there you go...

Thu May 08, 2014 11:45 pm

Could it be from the pressing plant?

Sun May 18, 2014 3:46 am

I've heard the noise in question on both All Shook Up and Elvis In Person FTD, which are different mixes so it's either on the recording, or from the digital transfer.

Mon May 19, 2014 1:23 am

Matthew wrote:I've heard the noise in question on both All Shook Up and Elvis In Person FTD, which are different mixes so it's either on the recording, or from the digital transfer.

Yeah, it's there around the 1:47 mark (approx.) It's more prominent on the 'All Shook Up' FTD than it is on the 'In Person' mix possibly depending on the way it's mixed etc.? It's also on the 'Collectors Gold' CD too, maybe it is on the original tape rather than a digital error?

Mon May 19, 2014 2:50 am

Yeah it's there on my copy too at 1:47 and it does sound like a digital error apposed to being from the original tape.

When In Rome wrote:
Matthew wrote:I've heard the noise in question on both All Shook Up and Elvis In Person FTD, which are different mixes so it's either on the recording, or from the digital transfer.

Yeah, it's there around the 1:47 mark (approx.) It's more prominent on the 'All Shook Up' FTD than it is on the 'In Person' mix possibly depending on the way it's mixed etc.? It's also on the 'Collectors Gold' CD too, maybe it is on the original tape rather than a digital error?