Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Track"

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:48 am

Touchdown Productions proudly presents two new audience recorded releases. One of it, the dinner Show from September 3, 1972 is another totally new show that didn't even circulate on CDR or in any other form.
The show was very good, Elvis was in fine form and sang some very fine renditions of "What Now My Love", "I'll Remember You" and also "For The Good Times"! The soundquality is good for this kind of recordings.
The CD comes with a beautiful designed 16-pages booklet.

Image

Tracklisting - "At Dinner In Vegas"
[01] See See Rider (2.21) - [02] Johnny B Goode (1.41) - [03] Until It‘s Time For You To Go (2.25) - [04] You Don‘t Have To Say You Love Me (1.59) - [05] Polk Salad Annie (3.48) -
[06] Elvis Talks (0.48) - [07] What Now My Love (3.13) - [08] Fever (2.52) - [09] Love Me (1.58) - [10] Blue Suede Shoes (1.10) - [11] Heartbreak Hotel (with false start) (2.50) -
[12] Hound Dog (2.18) - [13] Love Me Tender (1.38) - [14] I‘ll Remember You (2.25) - [15] Walk That Lonesome Road (feat. The Stamps Quartet) (3.19) - [16] Suspicious Minds (4.02) -
[17] Band Introductions (1.17) - [18] For The Good Times (2.13) - [19] Mystery Train/ Tiger Man (2.20) - [20] You Gave Me A Mountain (3.14) - [21] Can‘t Help Falling In Love (1.45) -
[22] Closing Theme (0.30)

All tracks recorded on September 3, 1972 at the dinner show.



At the same time Touchdown Produtions will release the midnight show from January 28, 1974. Elvis was much more focussed during the first Vegas engagement in 1974 as he had been during the former engagement
when Elvis presented himself less professional than in recent years. The midnight show had an interesting song line-up which included some seldom sung songs like "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", "Spanish Eyes" or
"Sweet Caroline". The soundquality is good for this kind of recordings. The CD comes also as usual with a beautiful designed 16-pages booklet including lots of rare pictures from this engagement!

Image

Tracklisting - "Back On Track In Vegas"
[01] Also Sprach Zarathustra (0.38) - [02] See See Rider (2.47) - [03] I Got A Woman/Amen (3.53) - [04] Love Me (1.44) - [05] Let Me Be There (2.54) - [06] You‘ve Lost That Lovin‘ Feelin‘ (4.15) -
[07] Sweet Caroline (2.19) - [08] Love Me Tender (1.47) - [09] Long Tall Sally/ Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On/ Mama Don‘t Dance/ Flip, Flop And Fly/ Jailhouse Rock/ Hound Dog (2.27) - [10] Fever (2.17) -
[11] Polk Salad Annie (2.43) - [12] Introduction of The Voice (0.32) - [13] Killing Me Softly (by The Voice) (2.43) - [14] Spanish Eyes (3.05) - [15] Suspicious Minds (3.53) - [16] Band Introductions (1.48) -
[17] Introductions of Celebrities (2.11) - [18] I Can‘t Stop Loving You (2.15) - [19] Help Me (2.35) - [20] Introduction of Marty Pasetta (0.51) - [21] American Trilogy (4.03) - [22] A Big Hunk O‘Love (2.12) -
[23] Can‘t Help Falling In Love (1.37) - [24] Closing Vamp (0.45) - [25] The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (2.57)

All tracks were recorded on January 28, 1974 at the midnight show with the exception of track 25 which was recorded on February 8, 1974 at the dinner show.

Street date: February 10, 2014

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:09 am

"Back On Track In Vegas" looks interesting...

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:14 am

elvis1977br wrote:"Back On Track In Vegas" looks interesting...


I agree ''Big Hunk O Love'' :D

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:17 am

The date can't be right on it thou.. this is what the tracklist is for the January 28 1974 midnight show (As released on the concert years Vol.80)

Image

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:33 am

Cisco??

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:24 am

Those look cool.

I have always fond it amazing at how many Audience recordings were made, and have survived all these years either in the original owners hands, or sold at some point along the way, and have been obtained and released on bootlegs. I started collecting every bootleg i could find starting back in the 80's, and most of them back then were of terrible sound, to where you could hardly hear them, but ive kept them all not for their recordings, but because of their album covers. But now we are getting these same recordings and alot more put out in way much better sound.

I recorded 4 of the Lisa Marie Presley shows i was at back in 2003, i wonder if they will ever be in demand years from now, eh, ya never know. :)

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:59 am

SUN-RCA wrote:
I recorded 4 of the Lisa Marie Presley shows i was at back in 2003, i wonder if they will ever be in demand years from now, eh, ya never know. :)

I'm thinking no.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 am

Johnny2523 wrote:The date can't be right on it thou.. this is what the tracklist is for the January 28 1974 midnight show (As released on the concert years Vol.80)

Image


it matches the 26 OS though

and other shows where killing me softly was performed
28 ds has my baby left me after love me
29 ds has thats all right after love me
30 ds to 9 cs has trying to get to you after love me

and a big hunk o love was only performed on 28 os and 28 ms but the ms doesent have killing me softly
so i guess its the opening show?

there arent any tapes yet of 29 ms so it COULD be that but my money is on the opening show

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:09 am

Image

what jumpsuit is this btw? nail mirrored?

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:46 am

yes this is the nail mirrored that was worn only in 74
the ather one was the nail studded looks a like like this one
but was worn in 73
jan

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:44 am

voldto wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:The date can't be right on it thou.. this is what the tracklist is for the January 28 1974 midnight show (As released on the concert years Vol.80)

Image


it matches the 26 OS though

and other shows where killing me softly was performed
28 ds has my baby left me after love me
29 ds has thats all right after love me
30 ds to 9 cs has trying to get to you after love me

and a big hunk o love was only performed on 28 os and 28 ms but the ms doesent have killing me softly
so i guess its the opening show?

there arent any tapes yet of 29 ms so it COULD be that but my money is on the opening show


We already had the OS on "Something Old, Something New" by Memory Records and this would be mentioned. My best guess is that it is January 26, 1974 MS.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Yep.it should be the show released here....he introduces Lorne Greene and after Help Me.. Marty Pasetta a camera man from Aloha From Hawaii..

Image

2001 Theme
C.C. Rider
I Got a Woman/Amen
Love Me
Let Me Be There
You've Lost That Loving Feeling
Sweet Caroline
Love Me Tender
Long Tall Sally/
Whole Lotta Shakin'/
Mama Don't Dance/
Flip Flop & Fly/
Jailhouse Rock/
Hound Dog
Fever
Polk Salad Annie
Killing Me Softly (Voice)
Spanish Eyes
Suspicious Minds
Introductions of Band
Introductions of Celebrities
I Can't Stop Loving You
Help Me
Introduction of Marty Pasetta
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk O'Love
Can't Help Falling In Love
Closing Vamp

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:51 pm

Nice, both shows look pretty good and the label has a decent reputation.

The 1972 is totally unheard one, so that's a big plus, and it comes from my favorite Vegas season, so it's a must have to me.
About the 1974 one, i hope it will be better then the Perpetual motion cdr soundwise, in that case, great stuff too.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:08 pm

Lorne Greene from "Bonanza", Mike Conners from "Mannix", Jack Lord from "Hawaii.5-0" and actor Danny Thomas..are introduced by Elvis

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:46 pm

JohanD wrote:Nice, both shows look pretty good and the label has a decent reputation.

The 1972 is totally unheard one, so that's a big plus, and it comes from my favorite Vegas season, so it's a must have to me.
About the 1974 one, i hope it will be better then the Perpetual motion cdr soundwise, in that case, great stuff too.


cool the label has a good reputation and even if the correct 2nd show date is 26/1/74 M/S i'll most likely be getting these!~ :D
interesting indeed Jack Lord came back in early 74' to see Elvis again!~ 8) :lol:

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:11 pm

At the beginning of Spanish eyes there is a small empty space where nothing can be heard..just a few seconds...5 or so..this can be an indicator from where the source has been taken..just the common cdr.. then we could hear the doctoring to repair that spot or still that piece of silence.... Or a new tape..but that`s just for insiders... :wink:

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:43 pm

I will wait the samples....

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:15 pm

The final cover will have the correct date January 26 1974 MS.It was just a mistake.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:55 pm

tuttifrutti wrote:The final cover will have the correct date January 26 1974 MS.It was just a mistake.


Source..?

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:05 pm

swagers wrote:yes this is the nail mirrored that was worn only in 74
the ather one was the nail studded looks a like like this one
but was worn in 73
jan

Is it not the same as this jumpsuit?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:24 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
swagers wrote:yes this is the nail mirrored that was worn only in 74
the ather one was the nail studded looks a like like this one
but was worn in 73
jan

Is it not the same as this jumpsuit?


nope its not

Image

Info about the 1973 suit: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1973-10.htm
Info about the 1974 suit: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1974-01.htm

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Ciscoking wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:The final cover will have the correct date January 26 1974 MS.It was just a mistake.

Source..?

tuttifrutti.

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Ciscoking wrote:
tuttifrutti wrote:The final cover will have the correct date January 26 1974 MS.It was just a mistake.

Source..?

tuttifrutti.


Stop where you are!

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:59 am

Johnny2523 wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
swagers wrote:yes this is the nail mirrored that was worn only in 74
the ather one was the nail studded looks a like like this one
but was worn in 73
jan

Is it not the same as this jumpsuit?


nope its not

Image

Info about the 1973 suit: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1973-10.htm
Info about the 1974 suit: http://www.elvisconcerts.com/jumpsuits/1974-01.htm

Thanks for that. I don't recall ever seeing the "mirrored" version before... :smt023

Re: New Release Touchdown "At Dinner In Vegas" & "Back On Tr

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:37 pm

Samples:
26-01-1974 MS - http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/62077560/file.html
03-09-1972 DS - http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/10475059/file.html