Chat talk and light discussion

I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:49 pm

Is this possible?

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 am

bluejeans1944 wrote:Is this possible?


Only fecc-mechanic knows for sure! But I believe the answer is ... no.

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:16 am

The latest post from Phil on the 8mm Cleveland footage has eight screen shots attached so looks like it can be done.

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:18 am

R2-D2 wrote:The latest post from Phil on the 8mm Cleveland footage has eight screen shots attached so looks like it can be done.


No, Phil has posted those scans by using another site: i56.servimg.com.

For example:
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/17/53/61/73/sequen11.jpg

You can put more than 5 images in a single post if you do it that way. But uploading to FECC appears to be a 5 files-per-post limit. Which makes sense, it prevents abuse of the forum capacity.

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:53 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
R2-D2 wrote:The latest post from Phil on the 8mm Cleveland footage has eight screen shots attached so looks like it can be done.


No, Phil has posted those scans by using another site: i56.servimg.com.

For example:
http://i56.servimg.com/u/f56/17/53/61/73/sequen11.jpg

You can put more than 5 images in a single post if you do it that way. But uploading to FECC appears to be a 5 files-per-post limit. Which makes sense, it prevents abuse of the forum capacity.


You're correct, DJC.

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:54 pm

Sorry I have post my image in that way because I don't know how to post any image.

I understand that too much image will overload the forum capacity.

In this case it won't overload the capacity of the server of FECC because the image are stocked somewhere else but it can still overload the loading of the page if there are too much image.

I didn't want break any rules.

so if it's too much image I can delete some image

Re: I want to post more than 5 images in one post

Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:12 pm

Phil wrote:Sorry I have post my image in that way because I don't know how to post any image.

I understand that too much image will overload the forum capacity.

In this case it won't overload the capacity of the server of FECC because the image are stocked somewhere else but it can still overload the loading of the page if there are too much image.

I didn't want break any rules.

so if it's too much image I can delete some image


Phil, no worries, your posts are OK!