Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:55 pm

Click here for an interesting story about a new Beatles bootleg album set for release on iTunes next week. It is to combat pirate recordings following the expiration of copyrights.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-beatles/74378

Tracklist:
'There's A Place' - Takes 5, 6
'There's A Place' - Take 8
'There's A Place' - Take 9
'Do You Want To Known A Secret' - Track 2, Take 7
'A Taste Of Honey' - Track 2, Take 6.
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Take 2
'Misery' - Take 1
'Misery' - Take 7
'From Me To You' - Take 1 & 2
'From Me To You' - Take 5
'Thank You Girl' - Take 1
'Thank You Girl' - Take 5
'One After 909' - Take 1 & 2
'Hold Me Tight” - Take 21
'Money (That's What I Want)' - RM 7 Undubbed
'Some Other Guy' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Too Much Monkey Business' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 16th March, 1963
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 16th March, 1963
'Do You Want To Know A Secret' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 25th May, 1963
'From Me To You' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th May, 1963
'I Got To Find My Baby' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoven' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 29th June, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 23rd June, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'Please Please Me' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'I Want To Hold Your Hand' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoveen' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'You Really Got A Hold On Me' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 4th June, 1963
'The Hippy Hippy Shake' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 4th June, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' /11th June, 1963
'A Shot Of Rhythm And Blues' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'Money (That's What I Want)' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'Anna' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 25th June, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'I'll Get You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'Boys' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'Chains' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'You Really Got A Hold On Me' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'Twist And Shout' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'Do You Want To Know A Secret' - Live At BBC For 'Here We Go' / 12th March, 1963
'Please Please Me' - Live At BBC For 'Here We Go' / 12th March, 1963
'Long Tall Sally' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Chains' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Boys' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoven' - Live At BBC For 'From Us To You' / 26th December, 1963
'All My Loving' - Live At BBC For 'From Us To You' / 26th December, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For "From Us To You" / 26th December, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For "From Us To You" / 26th December, 1963
'Bad To Me' - Demo
'I'm In Love' - Demo

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:38 am

It's up on iTunes nows. Go get it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/beatl ... d778642269

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:41 am

Smart move to follow what ftd has been doing with the Elvis catalog. Wonder if it will come out on cd too?

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:20 am

Isn't a lot of that stuff already available on the 2 BBC volumes?

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:42 pm

No, not of this material is on On the Air - Live at the BBC Volume 2.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:18 pm

Beatles Surprise With Rare 'Bootleg 1963' Release

http://music.yahoo.com/news/beatles-sur ... stone.html

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:23 pm

ritchie valens wrote:Smart move to follow what ftd has been doing with the Elvis catalog. Wonder if it will come out on cd too?


The release has nothing to do with following "ftd."

These incredible outtakes of landmark recordings are out in order to thwart the 50-year copyright rule:
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/17/a-quick-mystery-tour-for-official-beatles-bootleg/

Not a bad deal, price-wise!




Mike C wrote:Click here for an interesting story about a new Beatles bootleg album set for release on iTunes next week. It is to combat pirate recordings following the expiration of copyrights.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-beatles/74378

Tracklist:
'There's A Place' - Takes 5, 6
'There's A Place' - Take 8
'There's A Place' - Take 9
'Do You Want To Known A Secret' - Track 2, Take 7
'A Taste Of Honey' - Track 2, Take 6.
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Take 2
'Misery' - Take 1
'Misery' - Take 7
'From Me To You' - Take 1 & 2
'From Me To You' - Take 5
'Thank You Girl' - Take 1
'Thank You Girl' - Take 5
'One After 909' - Take 1 & 2
'Hold Me Tight” - Take 21
'Money (That's What I Want)' - RM 7 Undubbed
'Some Other Guy' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Too Much Monkey Business' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 16th March, 1963
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 16th March, 1963
'Do You Want To Know A Secret' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 25th May, 1963
'From Me To You' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th May, 1963
'I Got To Find My Baby' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 26th January, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoven' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 29th June, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 23rd June, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'Please Please Me' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Easy Beat' / 20th October, 1963
'I Want To Hold Your Hand' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoveen' - Live At BBC For 'Saturday Club' / 21st December, 1963
'You Really Got A Hold On Me' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 4th June, 1963
'The Hippy Hippy Shake' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 4th June, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' /11th June, 1963
'A Shot Of Rhythm And Blues' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'Money (That's What I Want)' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 18th June, 1963
'Anna' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 25th June, 1963
'Love Me Do' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'I'll Get You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'Boys' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'Chains' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'You Really Got A Hold On Me' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 17th September, 1963
'I Saw Her Standing There' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 10th September, 1963
'Twist And Shout' - Live At BBC For 'Pop Go The Beatles' / 24th September, 1963
'Do You Want To Know A Secret' - Live At BBC For 'Here We Go' / 12th March, 1963
'Please Please Me' - Live At BBC For 'Here We Go' / 12th March, 1963
'Long Tall Sally' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Chains' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Boys' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'A Taste Of Honey' - Live At BBC For 'Side By Side' / 13th May, 1963
'Roll Over Beethoven' - Live At BBC For 'From Us To You' / 26th December, 1963
'All My Loving' - Live At BBC For 'From Us To You' / 26th December, 1963
'She Loves You' - Live At BBC For "From Us To You" / 26th December, 1963
'Till There Was You' - Live At BBC For "From Us To You" / 26th December, 1963
'Bad To Me' - Demo
'I'm In Love' - Demo
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I'll wait for the CD release.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:52 am

I'm a sample wussie, so hear are some samples from the new release. Enjoy.


Image

There's A Place (Takes 5 & 6)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/8171521/file.html

Do You Want To Know A Secret ? (Take 7)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/85552180/file.html

Misery (Take 1)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/78784844/file.html

From Me To You (Takes 1 & 2)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/28314646/file.html

Thank You Girl (Take 1)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/36959297/file.html

One After 909 (Takes 1 & 2)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/60914833/file.html

Hold Me Tight (Take 21)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/9578424/file.html

Money (Unknown Take)
http://www40.zippyshare.com/v/73489322/file.html

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:46 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:I'll wait for the CD release.

You'll have a long wait.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:25 am

This stuff doesn't really interest me, I have other versions of the same songs on the BBC albums, and I have some of the non-Anthology studio outtakes on various cassettes, cdr's, etc. The stuff they really need to put out - complete Hollywood Bowl concerts, Shea, Let it Be, still sits on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:30 am

Lonely Summer wrote:This stuff doesn't really interest me, I have other versions of the same songs on the BBC albums, and I have some of the non-Anthology studio outtakes on various cassettes, cdr's, etc. The stuff they really need to put out - complete Hollywood Bowl concerts, Shea, Let it Be, still sits on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.


Those are not threatened by Europe's Copyright laws.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:32 am

javilu wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:This stuff doesn't really interest me, I have other versions of the same songs on the BBC albums, and I have some of the non-Anthology studio outtakes on various cassettes, cdr's, etc. The stuff they really need to put out - complete Hollywood Bowl concerts, Shea, Let it Be, still sits on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.


Those are not threatened by Europe's Copyright laws.

If this was an album coming out, like BBC 2, or the American album cd's, I'd be more interested, but just a bunch of files to download? Naw, I'll pass.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:59 am

Lonely Summer wrote:
javilu wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:This stuff doesn't really interest me, I have other versions of the same songs on the BBC albums, and I have some of the non-Anthology studio outtakes on various cassettes, cdr's, etc. The stuff they really need to put out - complete Hollywood Bowl concerts, Shea, Let it Be, still sits on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.


Those are not threatened by Europe's Copyright laws.

If this was an album coming out, like BBC 2, or the American album cd's, I'd be more interested, but just a bunch of files to download? Naw, I'll pass.


They're just putting these out there to prevent them from being officially released by anyone in Europe.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:59 am

javilu wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:
javilu wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:This stuff doesn't really interest me, I have other versions of the same songs on the BBC albums, and I have some of the non-Anthology studio outtakes on various cassettes, cdr's, etc. The stuff they really need to put out - complete Hollywood Bowl concerts, Shea, Let it Be, still sits on a shelf somewhere, gathering dust.


Those are not threatened by Europe's Copyright laws.

If this was an album coming out, like BBC 2, or the American album cd's, I'd be more interested, but just a bunch of files to download? Naw, I'll pass.


They're just putting these out there to prevent them from being officially released by anyone in Europe.


It won't make any difference because the market will still be flooded with cheap Beatles releases next year.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:30 pm

But they cannot include the 50+ tracks included on "Bootleg 1963".

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:54 pm

javilu wrote:But they cannot include the 50+ tracks included on "Bootleg 1963".


The people that buy these cheap cd's would not generally be interested in any out takes or live tracks by The Beatles. They will just see a cheap Beatles album with the "Hits" on it because that is who these out of copyright cd's are mostly aimed at.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:30 pm

One of our local book and music stores is flooded with these types of releases - literally dozens of Elvis comps of 50's and 60's hits. Even some vinyl versions of albums like A Date With Elvis and Elvis Is Back.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 am

It also has studio alt. takes too.

Re: Beatles to release bootleg album this week!

Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 pm

ritchie valens wrote:It also has studio alt. takes too.

Did you get that nugget of information from the track list at the start of the thread by any chance?