Off Topic Messages

Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Quite a few new songs have leaked online since michael died over 3 years ago.
This week another complete and unreleased song was leaked.

phpBB [video]

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:14 am

I thought for most of it he sounded like he was trying not to wake up the person sleeping in the next room. Sadly it's just not very good - it sounds like a cross between Jackson and Herb Alpert.

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:48 am

It's clearly just a demo, so that accounts for the very low-key approach. But what an expression of total despair! At the end, ad-libbing, he goes "goodbye to you, goodbye to me."

It's called, apparently, "I Am A Loser."

You know the first song he wrote and sang was called "Blues Away": "you can't take my blues away, no matter what you say."

On one of the pre-Destiny CBS Jacksons albums.

This is like a Destiny leftover, but it's probably much more recent.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:23 am

Thanks for posting, it was probably just a demo not totally finished and perfected yet by MJ..
Last edited by yaso on Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:09 am

Sounds like a Bee Gees song !

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:30 am

I like it ! another good MJ song for my collection !!!

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:50 am

rocknroller wrote:I like it ! another good MJ song for my collection !!!


The guy who posted it will probably lose his channel if he doesn't take it right down, and it's an awesome channel. He said he's already had enough drama, and if they take him down now, let 'em. I hope the channel stays up; it's a treasure trove!

In the old days, we would trade VHS tapes of rare stuff, and ain't nobody could stop us, but now "we're talkin' danger, baby!" And cassettes, and you know . . . it used to be easy, if you knew the right fans. (Just had to to go to the fests, is all.) I actually made more significant MJ "connections" in the late 80s and '90s than Elvis connections, after the mid-80s. Gosh, it's terrible to have to say "connections"! But, what happened was that I had it too easy with Elvis until the crackdown, and for a time after -- and I got scared. I mean, when it started, they sent the Feds to Graceland, to the shops, on Tribute Week! And my store didn't carry ANYTHING for around a year, because he said he was afraid of arrest. Really.

rjm

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 am

"They call Elvis the King, why not me?" MJ

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm

http://www.damienshields.com/exclusive-the-origins-of-michael-jacksons-i-am-a-loser-revealed/

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:03 pm

A new MJ recording leaked last week :D

phpBB [video]

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:10 pm

LSP-4445 wrote:A new MJ recording leaked last week :D

phpBB [video]


Reminds me of another song... :facep:

phpBB [video]

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:A new MJ recording leaked last week :D

phpBB [video]


Reminds me of another song... :facep:

phpBB [video]



Thats why I wrote new MJ recording instead of a new song :D

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Cover version or not,I really like this new song.

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:28 pm

Probably the reason it was never released is because he would have been sued for copyright infringment! :facep:



RKS

Re: Michael Jackson New Song Leak

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:08 am

LSP-4445 wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:A new MJ recording leaked last week :D

phpBB [video]


Reminds me of another song... :facep:

phpBB [video]



Thats why I wrote new MJ recording instead of a new song :D


My first thought! (It seems like a demo. The grammar is way, way off, and needed work, too.) It's not a wrong way to write, if you change it sufficiently prior to release. I once wrote an Elvis tribute over a Patti Smith melody. (And, no, you will never hear it! Ghastly writing on my part.)

But after that, well, I don't think they can explain this away. I heard this theme in an old ballad hit: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You." An angel beckons him to paradise. It's quite a bit more vague, though. And in 2001, "Heaven Can Wait." Which also softens up the message.

Despite the grammar and the snagged riff, melody, and some words, this is clear. He didn't cover their song, because he had something different to say: something more direct.

He wanted to leave here. To a painless place.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4