Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Glen Campbell -- Tomorrow Never Comes

Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Written by: Ernest Tubb & Johnny Bond
Date Of Recording : 1963 At Capitol Recording Studio, Hollywood, CA.

Glen Campbell – vocals, acoustic guitar
Carl Tandberg – bass fiddle
Allen Reuss – acoustic guitar
Donald Frost – drums

Nick Venet – producer
Jimmie Haskell – arranger, conductor

Re: Glen Campbell -- Tomorrow Never Comes

Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:57 pm

Yup, this is the version Elvis hand in the back of his mind in June 1970.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:36 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
phpBB [video]

Written by: Ernest Tubb & Johnny Bond
Date Of Recording : 1963 At Capitol Recording Studio, Hollywood, CA.

Glen Campbell – vocals, acoustic guitar
Carl Tandberg – bass fiddle
Allen Reuss – acoustic guitar
Donald Frost – drums

Nick Venet – producer
Jimmie Haskell – arranger, conductor

Is that recording date of 1963 correct? It didn't end up on an album until 1967, hence the question.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:45 am

poormadpeter wrote:Is that recording date of 1963 correct? It didn't end up on an album until 1967, hence the question.

I looked into this a while back and although I don't have the precise information to hand, I believe it was used twice on a Campbell LP: once in 1964 and again in 1967.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:08 am

poormadpeter wrote: Is that recording date of 1963 correct? It didn't end up on an album until 1967, hence the question.

Yes it is correct. It first appeared on the 1963 album 'Too late to worry, too blue to cry'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Late_t ... lue_to_Cry

Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:54 am

I guess the song was so good, it was used twice for two different albums.

Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:45 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: Is that recording date of 1963 correct? It didn't end up on an album until 1967, hence the question.

Yes it is correct. It first appeared on the 1963 album 'Too late to worry, too blue to cry'.

How odd. I wonder if Glen Campbell fans moan about that as much as Elvis fans moan about Let Me Be There appearing twice!

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:02 am

poormadpeter wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:

How odd. I wonder if Glen Campbell fans moan about that as much as Elvis fans moan about Let Me Be There appearing twice!

No one moans as much as Elvis fans.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:15 am

"Hey Little One" was also used twice on Glen's albums - once, as the title track to an album, and previously, as the opening track on side 2 of "By the Time I Get to Phoenix".

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:53 pm

A great version

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:"Hey Little One" was also used twice on Glen's albums - once, as the title track to an album, and previously, as the opening track on side 2 of "By the Time I Get to Phoenix".

A common practice used by Capitol Records in the mid to late 60's in order to fill up albums when there's not enough material.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:31 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:
Lonely Summer wrote:"Hey Little One" was also used twice on Glen's albums - once, as the title track to an album, and previously, as the opening track on side 2 of "By the Time I Get to Phoenix".

A common practice used by Capitol Records in the mid to late 60's in order to fill up albums when there's not enough material.

So where's the outrage? I guess Glen's fans are more mellow than Elvis fans.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Lonely Summer wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

So where's the outrage? I guess Glen's fans are more mellow than Elvis fans.

I never saw why there was such an outrage for Let me Be There either. Reprise did the same as Capitol in the 1960 - Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis all borrowed songs from their other albums to fill up a release. Bobby Darin did the same at Atco. It seems even more ironic that Elvis fans are/were so outraged considering they're more than happy to buy the same songs over and over on compilations!