Chat talk and light discussion

Re: For those interested, TCB World

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:31 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Any news on when TCB World will be online?

Winston wrote:No, it seems the long dying process is now over and the found their freedom. R.I.P. :(

Winston & PSA: Rene and myself both left Albert very harsh messages yesterday regarding his seemingly uninterest in TCB-World and it's status. it's up to him whether the site goes back online or not.

(I want to see the site back online, myself! Between FECC & TCB-World, both sites have an awesome picture gallery - on TCB-World alone, I found over 800 candid pictures of Elvis from the April 5-19, 1972 tour and it broke my heart to lose every single one of them when my hard drive died. We just ask that everyone be patient. We ARE working on this!).

Time to face facts, if the site administrator cannot be bothered with it, it's over.

I bet we'll get posts about this site for a long time to come.

I'm going to try and post about it every week, just for you. :wink:

Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
zolderopruiming1 wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:
Tony Trout wrote:
Polk Salad Andy wrote:Any news on when TCB World will be online?

Winston wrote:No, it seems the long dying process is now over and the found their freedom. R.I.P. :(

Winston & PSA: Rene and myself both left Albert very harsh messages yesterday regarding his seemingly uninterest in TCB-World and it's status. it's up to him whether the site goes back online or not.

(I want to see the site back online, myself! Between FECC & TCB-World, both sites have an awesome picture gallery - on TCB-World alone, I found over 800 candid pictures of Elvis from the April 5-19, 1972 tour and it broke my heart to lose every single one of them when my hard drive died. We just ask that everyone be patient. We ARE working on this!).

Time to face facts, if the site administrator cannot be bothered with it, it's over.

I bet we'll get posts about this site for a long time to come.

Glad my point is proven

I'm going to try and post about it every week, just for you. :wink:

Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:10 pm

Glad I could help prove your point.

On a similar note, there is a blog that I've been following for the past year or so, but my word the author likes to keep people in limbo. So annoying, last update 2nd November advising a new blog would be posted the following day and still nothing! If you're done just say so, I will survive either way. Time burglars!

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:09 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:Glad I could help prove your point.

On a similar note, there is a blog that I've been following for the past year or so, but my word the author likes to keep people in limbo. So annoying, last update 2nd November advising a new blog would be posted the following day and still nothing! If you're done just say so, I will survive either way. Time burglars!

The main reason the site isn't back up is because none of the Mods can get ahold of Albert at all. I and Sonny both have sent him messages saying, in no uncertain terms, that we want the site back online and that there are (yes, there ARE!) other fans who feel the same way. I hate to see such a great site with an AWESOME picture gallery go down the drain.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:12 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Snake Eyes wrote:Glad I could help prove your point.

The main reason the site isn't back up is because none of the Mods can get ahold of Albert at all. I and Sonny both have sent him messages saying, in no uncertain terms, that we want the site back online and that there are (yes, there ARE!) other fans who feel the same way. I hate to see such a great site with an AWESOME picture gallery go down the drain.

You're on Facebook aren't you? Their Facebook page said they were transferring to a bigger server back in October, so now what? A big fat nothing! Albert's refusal or inability to answer the call of duty is very telling.

I would also like to see it back up and running, but I can't hold my breath that long.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Snake Eyes wrote:
You're on Facebook aren't you? Their Facebook page said they were transferring to a bigger server back in October, so now what? A big fat nothing! Albert's refusal or inability to answer the call of duty is very telling.

I would also like to see it back up and running, but I can't hold my breath that long.

As far as Albert, Rene' and I have discussed this very thing in private on FB and we have, as mentioned before, sent Albert numerous messages telling him we would like to see the site back up because people are making fun of the downtime - and that's sad, IMO.

Trust us, Rene' (Sonny) & I will continue to do our best to reach Albert! Neither one of us want to see the site go down in flames. I had saved over 1,000 pictures from EOT & AFH from the site - and I miss logging onto the site very much (and Rene' does, too). And, if I may say this, had Jordan been the boss of TCB-World, I'm absolutely 100% certain that the site wouldn't have been down this long.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:55 pm

It's been a long time now.. the interest is gone.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:26 pm

On facebook I see quite a few interesting, including never-seen-before, photo's of Elvis.
Major people of the Elvis-fan-world are on Facebook, like Chris Giles, Ger Ryff, Henrik Knudsen, James V. Roy, Keith Flynn, et cetera, so lots of unique photo's and fast news.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:On facebook I see quite a few interesting, including never-seen-before, photo's of Elvis.
Major people of the Elvis-fan-world are on Facebook, like Chris Giles, Ger Ryff, Henrik Knudsen, James V. Roy, Keith Flynn, et cetera, so lots of unique photo's and fast news.

Trying to be a smart-@$$?? I know that there are a lot of interesting and never-before-seen photos of Elvis on FB. That's where I've been having to try to reacquire my EOT pics from until something can be done about TCB-World.

Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

It's like Tony says: we are trying to get Albert to act and get TCB back online, but till today without success as you all know. I feel bad about TCB World still being down, and about the work we put into it since 2004. If it was up to me, it would be back online today!

I will keep you guys (Elvis/TCB fans) posted.

All my best to everyone,

Sonny

Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:14 pm

Looking forward to the next post. Make this the longest thread ever. It wouldn't be the first long thread about nothing.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:18 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Looking forward to the next post. Make this the longest thread ever. It wouldn't be the first long thread about nothing.

Considering you have viewed this thread 27 times, you are more than interested.

Sonny, thanks for the update, I at least appreciate your efforts, as does the dude with 27 views.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:56 pm

There is a brand new FB group called "Elvis Pictures" which is very high quality; surprisingly so!

Perhaps they could start a group? Groups are different from pages.

And most people don't know that if you wish to upload full-res photos, there's a "files" place only in groups where that can be done. It's in partnership with Dropbox. Unfortunately almost all pics are just uploaded directly. The problem with that is that FB resizes photos. But not in the files part of groups, where the photos go to a Dropbox server. Nobody uses this great feature.

Just FYI.

rjm
P.S. -- There are also other choices; tumblr is very handy, and very nice. But not as much interactivity. But they do treat photos with respect. It's a good place to upload your own photos. (But they will be public.)

As for blogs; they are not forums, and are updated irregularly. Forums are communities that need to function 24/7. The only thing about FB groups is that there's a trade-off. Convenience for independence. And lack of access to those who do not wish to Facebook.

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Finally, a GREAT UPDATE!

This is what has been posted on TCB-World's Twitter page from November 17, 2013:

this past week we've been re-duplicating and optimizing the tens of thousands Elvis images in our gallery. Counting down to the TCB relaunch

So, if I'm reading this right, the gallery is going to be re-done better and, hopefully, Albert will take better precautions to stop things like the horrible hacking of the site that happened recently. And, in regards to all the picture I lost, I found them all on my own Facebook page! I had actually forgotten that I had saved them there!
Last edited by Tony Trout on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:22 pm

That a fine news. Means it TCB-World comes back or comes a new site from the team?

Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Winston wrote:That a fine news. Means it TCB-World comes back or comes a new site from the team?

Winston, it means that Albert is working on bringing back the TCB-World site - not a different site altogether.

Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:59 pm

Another update on their Twitter page from just a few days ago:

Making progress optimizing our huge Elvis TCB gallery. Files are being updated to our new server. We'll be back soon friends

Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed - i love the picture gallery there, it's the best one anywhere.

Could it not be hosted here, in the event of TCB - World not coming back, like we host Paul's Candid Central? Could it not replace the old, never updated picture gallery here?

Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:36 pm

DarrylMac wrote:I'll keep my fingers crossed - i love the picture gallery there, it's the best one anywhere.

Could it not be hosted here, in the event of TCB - World not coming back, like we host Paul's Candid Central? Could it not replace the old, never updated picture gallery here?

You are right, Darryl the picture gallery is the best Elvis picture gallery on the whole internet :)

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Hi everyone,

TCB World will be back online a.s.a.p. With a cleaned up picture gallery as well.

All my best,
Sonny

Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:34 pm

That are great News. I hope You make it possible!

Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Winston wrote:That are great News. I hope You make it possible!

Winston, as Sonny said, TCB-World is coming back - it won't be long now. Also, by "a cleaned up picture gallery', that means that there won't be anymore duplicate photos in the galleries.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Meantime at Facebook the legendary Ger Rijff is posting pictures of great EPE 1950's merchandise and unseen 1950's photo's.

Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Sonny wrote:Hi everyone,

TCB World will be back online a.s.a.p. With a cleaned up picture gallery as well.

All my best,
Sonny

Good to hear Sonny. Thanks!!

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:35 pm

zolderopruiming1 wrote:Meantime at Facebook the legendary Ger Rijff is posting pictures of great EPE 1950's merchandise and unseen 1950's photo's.

That's fine. If you like the pics, go look at them. There ARE people here who do want information about TCB-World & when it will be back online - myself, included.

I'm sorry but these snarky remarks are really getting on my last nerve.