Off Topic Messages

Charlie Pride - Sydney show 12th November 2013

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:19 pm

:D Great show from Charlie Pride tonight at the State Theatre`!
Walking on with white pants and a great glittery shirt Charlie sang just about all of his hits, albeit some such as Mississippi Cotton Picking Delta Town only briefly in one of his many Medley's I loved his hunour at pretending to limp, his dealing with Hecklers by heckling back and his hilarious 6 piece band intros near the end of the 80 minute show with the Keyboardist being announced as having been with him for 36 years 9 months, 27 days 5 hours and 8 minutes!!! 8) very amusing. After the intros he put on Guitar and broke into HEARTBREAK HOTEL but only very briefly b4 saying what a great singer Elvis was and closing his show with 'Kiss an Angel Good Morning and Kaw-Liga ..,... good show although on Crystal Chanderliers he was clearly showing his 75 years age~! nice touches during the show were him highlighting a 90 year old woman in the audience and really singing some of my fav songs such as 'streets of Baltimore ' and 'Bobby sang the Blues' perfectly. He has a bit of a belly now under his shirt and shows his age in his walk and voice but i left fully satisfied in seeing him a 2nd time since my Entertainment Center 1988 show (when he started with microphone problems and his son was drumming for him) and loving the evening with him 8)

Re: Charlie Pride - Sydney show 12th November 2013

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:22 pm

A true country legend. "Kiss An Angel Good Mornin" is my all time favorite tune of his.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Yes he sang that song VERY WELL whilst playing guitar and only took the Guitar off during Kaw-Liga to do some of his characteristic leg moves~!(which got loud cheers everytime he did this from the crowd!~)
the opening support act was 'tremendous' also a young 22 yr old John Denver inpersinator who was actually AMAZINGLY GOOD!~ :D

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:13 am

YDKM wrote: his dealing with Hecklers by heckling back

Charley got heckled ?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:46 am

Yeah usual stuff throwing Song titles to him etc...anyhow Charley basically performed most of this CD at the concert
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Hits-C ... collection
what surprised me afterwoods is my in ability to find one single newspaper review of his show.... like his first appearance here for some 16 years and newspapers these days don't even keep enough staff to send a reporter!~,...was quite different 10 years ago!!!
thus no concert 'review' available....still Charlies tour continues through Queensland and ends in November in New Zealand. Then he performs back in the States in December again. Quite a schedule for someone in their mid 70's!~~

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:50 am

I saw Charlie many times in the 70's & 80's and he always gave a great performance. I'd like to see him again if the opportunity presents itself. Thanks for the review.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:58 pm

YDKM wrote:Charlie Pride

Charley.

We've gone through this before, so please make sure it doesn't happen again.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:09 am

well even Greybeard mis spelt his name also!~