Post here your Elvis' pictures

Vegas 12-11-76 DS and Indy '77

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Here are a few pictures taken by my friend, Some of the shots from this Vegas set have been seen on the web, others have not. Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vegas 12-11-76 DS and Indy '77

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:51 pm

Nice pictures, thanks a lot to you and your friend.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:58 pm

Damn -- how many Elvis shows does John Herman have under his belt?

Anyone who loves the superb audience recording of Pittsburgh 12-31-1976 is forever in John's debt -- not to mention your kind efforts with the FTD edition.

Thank you for posting these sheets!

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:06 am

First shot on the left from '76 is really nice...

Did your friend record the DS from December 11th?

Joern

Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:51 am

Thanks to all

Doc
John attended many shows, I have his permission to share photos from any and all he took. I will try to post others as I can

And yes Joern, he did record it.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:28 am

Greybeard wrote:Thanks to all

Doc
John attended many shows, I have his permission to share photos from any and all he took. I will try to post others as I can

I would love to see any pictures your friend took and it would be great, if he did record the Pittsburgh show, if he could cut a few more deals with FTD to get some more shows released that he recorded.

Do you recall any shows that he attended that haven't been represented with a CD or picture, Greybreard??

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:32 am

ben wrote:... if he did record the Pittsburgh show ...

It's not "if" -- John's tape was used for the classic 1977 2xLP bootleg as well as the later FTD set. Listen closely to the latter for some clues originally edited out of the LP release 31 years ago.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:38 am

Greybeard wrote:Thanks to all

Doc

Hm, that makes me wonder if his source does sound different (better) than the recently released CD "Vegas Variety Volume 2" from Rainbow Records or did they use his recordings without his permission.

Joern

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:16 am

since I am not familiar with that disc or it's source I cannot answer that. Here is a link to a sample of the one that JH did. It will only be available a short while.
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20kf6/elvisstuff/

You can let me know

Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:22 am

The look on Kathy's face speaks volumes to me. She loved him regardless.

Greybeard -- tell your friend a big thank you for letting you share with us.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 pm

I was actually looking for something else when I bumped into this topic but noticed that one of the Indy shots on the opening post is a pretty cool 'same moment, different angle' snap for a pair of more well-known photos from Indianapolis. We used to have a topic over at another forum where we collected tons of these type of pairs together - nothing earth shattering as such but fun to see.

Believe it or not but the two (almost) full body shots do come from different cameras - can't remember the photographers, though.

In anycase, (practically) the same moment captured with three different cameras.

770626.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:35 pm

onelove wrote:I was actually looking for something else when I bumped into this topic but noticed that one of the Indy shots on the opening post is a pretty cool 'same moment, different angle' snap for a pair of more well-known photos from Indianapolis. We used to have a topic over at another forum where we collected tons of these type of pairs together - nothing earth shattering as such but fun to see.

Believe it or not but the two (almost) full body shots do come from different cameras - can't remember the photographers, though.

In anycase, (practically) the same moment captured with three different cameras.

Neat.

Greybeard, how about some more from the John Herman archives?

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:28 am

Really nice pics. I love the look on Kathy's face as she's looking at Elvis in the December 1976 photo.

rlj