Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: FTD - American Sound Alternates Vol 3?

Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:19 pm

When it comes to The Wonder Of You. I prefer the master version WITHOUT the fake applause and Nashville singer overdubs that Felton tacked on. In fact I would prefer Felton never messed with any of Elvis' recordings. He added fake applause on much of Elvis' live recordings, and a few of his studio recordings too!

Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:10 pm

promiseland wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote: does anyone know how FTD plans to issue the remaining alternate takes and remixed pre-overdub masters of the American Sound songs not included on the FEIM and BIM FTDs?

Wouldn't you really need to ask if there are any members here at FECC that are employees, or affiliated with Sony/FTD, who would really know, and have a correct answer due to their employment with the company in question ?

Or are you meaning if anyone here is a physic, such as those who can see into the future like palm reading and the such, so that they can tell you what FTD's future plans are through their paranormal energy, because I don't see any other option to have your topic answered correctly any other way.

If you get a correct response without one of the 2 options I have stated above, please see if you can acquire the Powerball numbers for next weeks drawing for me please. thanks in advance?

Please refer to the posting guidelines: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17779

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:52 pm

This image was posted by thermoking on FECC in another thread. It's the back cover to "From Elvis At American Sound Studios," due out in a few months on FTD. Can anyone make out some of the partially obscured titles on the back cover?

Is it 2 discs or just 1?

Last edited by monkboughtlunch on Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:04 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote: Can anyone make out some of the partially obscured titles on the back cover?

Is it 2 discs or just 1? Click on image to make it larger.

Apparently some dealers have the tracklist already but cant release it yet.
Its a 2 disc edition

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:57 pm

elvisalisellers wrote:
Peter66 wrote:Personally I would prefer the late sixties movie soundtracks on the mentioned Camden CDs. I would not like to have a single CD with say 50 takes of Charro and Let's Forget About the Stars, or a CD full of all takes of The Wiffenproof Song. But everyone is free to have his own preferences. Time will show, what FTD will release.

I'd personally prefer FTD to collect all of Elvis' '68 soundtrack recordings [expanded with supplementary alternate material] together in one cohesive package.
This would free up the Change Of Habit material to add some extra punch and variety to the remaining '69 Memphis tracks... as well as providing a bridge between respective sessions with the key track "Rubberneckin'."

A Little More Action! - Triple '68 Feature

1. A Little Less Conversation
2. Edge Of Reality
3. Almost In Love
4. Wonderful World
5. Charro
6. Let's Forget About The Stars
7. Clean Up Your Own Back Yard
8. Swing Down Sweet Chariot
9. Signs Of The Zodiac
10. The Whiffenpoof Song
11. Violet
12. Almost

I think this would be a good idea....putting all the '68 soundtracks together on one cd + outtakes and undubbed versions could reach 22 songs average :wink:
I would kill this remaining songs on one cd...could be name HOLLYWOOD '68 :wink:

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:11 pm

monkboughtlunch wrote:This image was posted by thermoking on FECC in another thread. It's the back cover to "From Elvis At American Sound Studios," due out in a few months on FTD. Can anyone make out some of the partially obscured titles on the back cover?

Is it 2 discs or just 1?

It is a 2xCD FTD "deluxe album." The topic also reveals one of the tracks, by one astute member looking at the back cover:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79757&p=1224611#p1224611

Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks Doc.

When I zoom in on the low rez text, I see elements (in red below) of what could be these three song titles:

-After Loving You (alternate take?)
-I Can't Stop Loving You (we expected this jam)
-I'll Hold You In My Heart Until I Can Hold You In My Arms (maybe this will be remixed for this new set as the original mix was on the From Elvis in Memphis FTD. Unless there is an alternate or rehearsal. But no alternates exist as the master was take 1, correct?)

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:22 pm

Yup.

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:27 pm

hope the tracklisting is revealed this week...we already are in november!
I think some outtakes that were not included on the previously BIM and FEIM FTD's will be included...for example (complete takes if I'm not mistaken):

You'll think of me take 7
True love travels on a gravel road takes 3, 8 (incomplete)
Only the strong survive takes 3, 6 (but bad language on both :wink: )
Do you know who I am takes 3, 5

Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:56 am

ale wrote:hope the tracklisting is revealed this week...we already are in november!
I think some outtakes that were not included on the previously BIM and FEIM FTD's will be included...for example (complete takes if I'm not mistaken):

You'll think of me take 7
True love travels on a gravel road takes 3, 8 (incomplete)
Only the strong survive takes 3, 6 (but bad language on both :wink: )
Do you know who I am takes 3, 5

Most of these were well-covered on the first two FTD releases of American Sound sessions, and those bad language takes are omitted for very good reason. Of the above, I'll wager the first is good enough to find a home on the third volume.

---

As noted above, another look at the preview artwork posted above shows "... You In My Arms" near the bottom, which means a version of "I'll Hold You in My Heart (Till I Can Hold You in My Arms)" is on the second disc. It will be interesting to find out what this one may be.

I didn't realize this wonderful tune, a #1 country hit for RCA's Eddy Arnold in 1947, is one of the biggest country hits of all time; it spent 21 weeks at #1!

470621_RCA 2332_Arnold.JPG

phpBB [video]

Eddy Arnold and his Tennessee Plowboys "I'll Hold You in My Heart (Till I Can Hold You In My Arms)" (RCA Victor 20-2332, June 21, 1947)
Billboard "Most-Played Juke Box Hillbilly Records" #1 on November 1, 1947
Label indicates this song was originally intended as the B-side!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'll_Hold_You_in_My_Heart_(Till_I_Can_Hold_You_in_My_Arms)

That Elvis could simply sit down at the American Sound studio's piano in 1969 and make it his own tells you just how much he was in control of his artistry at that time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Cool, that picture on the back was the cover of one of my bootleg LP's... just can't remember the name right now. :facep:

This album featured great songs like "Nothing Left To Do" and an "studio outtake" from 1960 (!!) of "For The Good Times". :D

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:15 am

Has the tracklisting for the FTD been announced?

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:23 am

monkboughtlunch wrote:Has the tracklisting for the FTD been announced?

Nope.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:18 pm

midnightx wrote:
monkboughtlunch wrote:Has the tracklisting for the FTD been announced?

Nope.

Hold on, it's coming!

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 pm

From EPE's Holiday 2013 catalog:
EPE.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:09 pm

FANTASTIC!!!! :smt023

Can't wait to get these FTD CD beauties :smt007

:D

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Aha... so the FTD "Moody Blue" features a mix of live and studio work... I already feared that. I'm more into his studio work. It's okay to get the undubbed versions for the four live tracks as featured on the original album but I don't need more live material on that album. That said, I don't want to bash it or put FTD down for I'm still looking forward to it (and the final tracklisting of course).

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:53 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:From EPE's Holiday 2013 catalog:
EPE.jpg

Thanks for that snippet.

luckyjackson1 wrote:Aha... so the FTD "Moody Blue" features a mix of live and studio work... I already feared that. I'm more into his studio work. It's okay to get the undubbed versions for the four live tracks as featured on the original album but I don't need more live material on that album. That said, I don't want to bash it or put FTD down for I'm still looking forward to it (and the final tracklisting of course).

1977's Moody Blue integrated live and studio cuts as a matter of necessity, there is no reason why FTD would not follow that paradigm in its "deluxe album" edition of this final word from Elvis Presley.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:07 am

So now its late december......for a title that was supposed to be released in september.
Real tied of FTD and the various release dates for a title.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:13 am

LSP-4445 wrote:So now its late december......for a tilte that was supposed to be released in september.

It doesn't bother me in the least.

Would you rather not have a Follow That Dream label at all?

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:24 am

As i already said .....i'll be listening to these releases in 'early 2014' :|

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:58 am

YDKM wrote:As i already said .....i'll be listening to these releases in 'early 2014' :|

Most likely :(

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:23 am

Ontour_72 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
LSP-4445 wrote:So now its late december......for a tilte that was supposed to be released in september.

It doesn't bother me in the least.

Would you rather not have a Follow That Dream label at all?

How about we keep the label and they get better at release dates? Its a win win.

Why doesn't FTD just ship all their Elvis tapes, live and studio, to your door? Now THAT's a win-win!

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:26 am

I would have liked it for a Christmas prezzie to myself :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:20 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

MysteryTrain wrote:From EPE's Holiday 2013 catalog:
EPE.pdf

Thanks!. I am most happy to know the Change Of Habit session will not be included :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.