Off Topic Messages

Gary Puckett: Selfless Act of Caring For A Fan

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:43 am

Came across this short video clip the other day ... Gary Puckett drove 4 hours over a holiday weekend to give a dying fan a mini concert. What a kind, caring gesture given by a great artist.

In a world of narcissistic young artists, it is rewarding to see such wonderful gestures as this.

The narrative mentioned this visit meant so much to the ill man, who died two days later.

phpBB [video]

Re: Gary Puckett: Selfless Act of Caring For A Fan

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 am

TCB TED wrote:Came across this short video clip the other day ... Gary Puckett drove 4 hours over a holiday weekend to give a dying fan a mini concert. What a kind, caring gesture given by a great artist.

In a world of narcissistic young artists, it is rewarding to see such wonderful gestures as this.

The narrative mentioned this visit meant so much to the ill man, who died two days later.

phpBB [video]

That is beyond awesome. Although Puckett's politics are not mine, I take my hat off to him.

Thanks for sharing this story and video.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:31 am

You're welcome, Doc.

I'm sure this video means a lot to so many of us, who have unfortunately gone through this same goodbye with our own parents.

Such a pure act of love by a great guy.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 am

That was wonderful, thank you for sharing.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:04 am

Wow! I was actually teary-eyed watching this. Have always been a fan. Like the Doc, I take my hat off to the man for doing this kind gesture. Many thanks for posting this.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:49 pm

This reminds me of a Whisperin' Bill Anderson story that I will tell some day.

Very nice gesture by Gary -- and extremely touching.

Thank you for posting this.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Beautiful video. Well done Gary!!

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:49 am

Thanks for posting this