Off Topic Messages

Re: More Lost Film Of JFK Motorcade

Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:40 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:Great! A lot to choose from! Thanks Mark!

It seems you missed my reply to you...

No Doc, I didn't. Even thanked you for it :-)
But I like to keep my options open! I appreciate your and Marks' advise very much, so thanks again!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Lexie1973 wrote:Great! A lot to choose from! Thanks Mark!

It seems you missed my reply to you...

No Doc, I didn't. Even thanked you for it :-)

Where?

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Right here:

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:28 pm

A computer recreation of the second shot, which hit Kennedy and Connally, from the book depository.

phpBB [video]

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Lexie1973 wrote:Right here:

Ah. I asked because that's not a reply, as you did elsewhere, and obviously easy to miss.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:51 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:

Ah. I asked because that's not a reply, as you did elsewhere, and obviously easy to miss.

I'll send you red roses too, next time! :-)

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:A computer recreation of the second shot, which hit Kennedy and Connally, from the book depository.

phpBB [video]

Nice piece of fiction. Any chance you will read one of the books on my recommended list?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:26 am

That recreation of the assassination is wrong.
The bullet hole in JFK'S jacket is hole 5 3/4 inches below the neckline
The bullet hole in JFK'S shirt is hole 5 3/4 inches below the neckline
At frame 223 in the Zapruder Gov Connally is not reaction to being hit yet
At frame 225 It shows President Kennedy being hit
At frame 232-235 it shows Gov Connally being hit.

Frame 313 fatal hit to President Kennedy

Running time of the Zapruder film 18.3 frames per second.

Time to shoot the rifle and reload a round into the chamber 2.3 seconds
Time between frames 223-235 1.6 seconds.

Gov Connally His wounds included an entry wound in the back near the right shoulder, a broken rib, an exit wound in the chest, a shattered wrist caused by a bullet entering from the dorsal (back) side, and a fragment lodged in his thigh.

If he his hit the same time as President Kennedy how could hold onto that 10 gal hat of his?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:18 am

mark wrote:That recreation of the assassination is wrong ...

What I said. And one doesn't need to go into detail over it. The creation of this single, "magic" bullet theory (thanks Arlen!) was done after the Warren Commission belatedly had to account for a stray shot whose ricochet injured bystander James Tague.

Common sense. Use it!
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:23 am

Doc,

Can you tell me if that documentary JFK: 3 shots that changed America has subtitles? I thought I read somewhere in this thread you have it on dvd....

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 am

rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
at the time. Does anyone give a damn [50 years. The young man sacrificed would be 74 today. He also had young children /quote]

Do you believe he was innocent of killing the police officer ?

So, the way I see it, from Oswald's perspective, is that he knew something would be up at 12:30. Adlai Stevenson had recently been "egged" in the area. Handbills appeared in the morning saying, of Kennedy, "Wanted For Treason," which was waved off by the Dallas police. Something was up - something was going to happen, and Oswald knew it. (Even JFK kind of expected something due to his recent peace positions . . . "we're in nut country, now," he said.) And Oswald probably expected something of this nature. So, he ate his chicken, and drank his coke in the windowless lunchroom, and saw the officer just a bit after the 12:30 shooting. A person with the building told the officer "he works here." So, the officer continued looking around. At that point, Oswald wanted to see what-all had happened. So, he went downstairs. And all he** had broken loose! It was at this point, if you believe him (and I believe him), that he figured HE was the "patsy" for what they had done. And what they had done was to KILL the president! So, he went home to get a handgun.

And, after he got it, was on his way, I guess, to this theater -- or at some point, before or after encountering Tippet (and who knows who else), was told to go to this theater. Whether he killed Tippet, or if there was someone else involved in the scuffle, I can't say. He might have shot Tippet.

Thanks for your interesting and detailed reply. You make a good case for the defence, thats for sure. And you clearly know your subject well.

How do you feel the highlighted areas above impact on each other ?

The one word that set conspiracy theorists scrambling was 'patsy'. Then again, a guilty man is hardly likely to shout 'guilty'.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:48 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Nice piece of fiction. Any chance you will read one of the books on my recommended list?

I never said it was the definitive, final word of what really took place that day. This was only a computer simulated recreation to give the "theorist" another perspective and a more plausible chain of events of what might have very well happened during those crucial moments at Dealey Plaza on 11-22-63. It's always good to keep an open mind on all of the possibilities....and in spite of reading over 60 publications over the years, including those by Vincent Bugliosi, Mark Lane, William Manchester, Robert Groden, Max Holland, Gus Russo, Jim Marrs, James Swanson, Jim Lehrer, Bonar Menninger, Jerome Corsi...and Jesse Ventura...(yes he published a book also)...etc.........I'm still mind-boggled and inconclusive of what actually took place, but as I've posted earlier,I'm very much in favor (about 80%) of the Oswald/Hickey bullet theory ...it made a lot more sense (due to mostly scientific bullet trajectories and tests) to me than any other theory that was presented, including the famous "Grass Knoll" & "Overpass Sniper" that keeps poppin' up every now and then.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 am

What app is that? I am having such trouble with Tapatalk 4 for Android. Is there another alternative (aside from the great "mobile view" which I use more and more).

Just curious. I like mobile view, but no smileys. So, I go back and forth.

Thanks,
rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:05 am

rjm wrote:

What app is that? I am having such trouble with Tapatalk 4 for Android. Is there another alternative (aside from the great "mobile view" which I use more and more).

Just curious. I like mobile view, but no smileys. So, I go back and forth.

Thanks,
rjm

There's an app for that too Robin, LOL. I don't have an I-phone, so it wouldn't mean squat to me. Here's a twitter page that I go to called "JFK 50" ....has some valuable & fresh new insight from different people....hope you like it...

https://twitter.com/JFKApp

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:08 am

mark wrote:That recreation of the assassination is wrong.
The bullet hole in JFK'S jacket is hole 5 3/4 inches below the neckline
The bullet hole in JFK'S shirt is hole 5 3/4 inches below the neckline
At frame 223 in the Zapruder Gov Connally is not reaction to being hit yet
At frame 225 It shows President Kennedy being hit
At frame 232-235 it shows Gov Connally being hit.

Frame 313 fatal hit to President Kennedy

Running time of the Zapruder film 18.3 frames per second.

Time to shoot the rifle and reload a round into the chamber 2.3 seconds
Time between frames 223-235 1.6 seconds.

Gov Connally His wounds included an entry wound in the back near the right shoulder, a broken rib, an exit wound in the chest, a shattered wrist caused by a bullet entering from the dorsal (back) side, and a fragment lodged in his thigh.

If he his hit the same time as President Kennedy how could hold onto that 10 gal hat of his?

Thank you mark.

Some people apparently DO need the details, as evidenced by the latest opinion poll results.

Some are swayed by some of these bogus-agenda-biased "computer simulations" that have been all the rage the past decade, accounting for the poll numbers dropping.

You can do ANYTHING with a good computer, including make "magic." ;)

rjm

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:18 am

mark wrote:If he his hit the same time as President Kennedy how could hold onto that 10 gal hat of his?

I guess that's why they call the second bullet (supposedly from Oswald) , the magic bullet...either that or Oswald apparently was a better marksman than we first thought.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:25 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
at the time. Does anyone give a damn [50 years. The young man sacrificed would be 74 today. He also had young children /quote]

So, the way I see it, from Oswald's perspective, is that he knew something would be up at 12:30. Adlai Stevenson had recently been "egged" in the area. Handbills appeared in the morning saying, of Kennedy, "Wanted For Treason," which was waved off by the Dallas police. Something was up - something was going to happen, and Oswald knew it. (Even JFK kind of expected something due to his recent peace positions . . . "we're in nut country, now," he said.) And Oswald probably expected something of this nature. So, he ate his chicken, and drank his coke in the windowless lunchroom, and saw the officer just a bit after the 12:30 shooting. A person with the building told the officer "he works here." So, the officer continued looking around. At that point, Oswald wanted to see what-all had happened. So, he went downstairs. And all he** had broken loose! It was at this point, if you believe him (and I believe him), that he figured HE was the "patsy" for what they had done. And what they had done was to KILL the president! So, he went home to get a handgun.

And, after he got it, was on his way, I guess, to this theater -- or at some point, before or after encountering Tippet (and who knows who else), was told to go to this theater. Whether he killed Tippet, or if there was someone else involved in the scuffle, I can't say. He might have shot Tippet.

Thanks for your interesting and detailed reply. You make a good case for the defence, thats for sure. And you clearly know your subject well.

The one word that set conspiracy theorists scrambling was 'patsy'. Then again, a guilty man is hardly likely to shout 'guilty'.

Thanks.

As I'm in a moving vehicle, I can't go into detail yet, but for one.

Guilty assassins DO shout their guilt, virtually every time. I will post a piece on that. An eye-opener. If Oswald did this, for "political" motives, he would have been proud to say so, like virtually every other such assassin. And I mean EVERY. Even ones who later recanted, did plead guilty at some point, or admit it under interrogation. Oswald wouldn't budge. For that, they called him "arrogant"! He**, if you or I were accused of such a crime, would we not stand firm, as did Oswald? That's not arrogance; that's guts.

He might have lived if he just gave in and quickly offered to sign a plea. It would have been over in a nonce. He had no hope under the circumstances - since he self-identified as the "patsy." But he was angry. As well he should have been. And he died for that, apparently.

He was "Joseph K" of Kafka's The Trial. With no trial.

That week, we lost our young president, and our trust and faith in these truths we hold self-evident.

I just wish at least 5 or 6 years older then, than I was. I didn't understand what was happening around me.

Yet.

rjm

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:30 am

rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:

Thanks.

Guilty assassins DO shout their guilt, virtually every time. I will post a piece on that. An eye-opener. If Oswald did this, for "political" motives, he would have been proud to say so, like virtually every other such assassin. And I mean EVERY. Even ones who later recanted, did plead guilty at some point, or admit it under interrogation. Oswald wouldn't budge. For that, they called him "arrogant"! He**, if you or I were accused of such a crime, would we not stand firm, as did Oswald? That's not arrogance; that's guts.

He might have lived if he just gave in and quickly offered to sign a plea. It would have been over in a nonce. He had no hope under the circumstances - since he self-identified as the "patsy." But he was angry. As well he should have been. And he died for that, apparently.

That week, we lost our young president, and our trust and faith in these truths we hold self-evident.

I just wish at least 5 or 6 years older then, than I was. I didn't understand what was happening around me.

Yet.

rjm

Robin, just out of curiosity, are you a Law school graduate ? I must say your input thesis on this topic is very well thought of and well worded....as with the majority of your posts. Well put Robin. :smt023

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:

Thanks.

Yet.

rjm

Robin, just out of curiosity, are you a Law school graduate ? I must say your input thesis on this topic is very well thought of and well worded....as with the majority of your posts. Well put Robin. :smt023

Nope, not Law. I am a Ph.D. Sociologist. CUNY Graduate Center, class of '92.

This means I am constantly broke. {laughing to keep from crying}

Thank you! :D

Robin (rjm)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:41 am

rjm wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:

Thanks.

Yet.

rjm

Robin (rjm)

Well, you've certainly earned my respect and attention to your posts now....more now than ever. :wink:
Looks like we have two Doctors in the FECC house now. (My apologies to Dr.John, but I think Dr. Robin has beaten you to it this time around). :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:14 am

It's this one Robin

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:57 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
rjm wrote:

Thanks.

Yet.

rjm

Robin (rjm)

Well, you've certainly earned my respect and attention to your posts now....more now than ever. :wink:
Looks like we have two Doctors in the FECC house now. (My apologies to Dr.John, but I think Dr. Robin has beaten you to it this time around). :mrgreen:

First, thank you, about the posts.

Yeah, I beat him to it . . . by a few years. (If you click the Facebook link, you'll see my full name. Then, if you go over to the library listings of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, you'll find my dissertation! I nearly passed out when I saw that! My dissertation is in the freakin' Rock And Roll Hall of Fame! Who cares about the NY Public Library, or the U. of Chicago! Or whatever. The Hall of Fame! :o )

It was not about Elvis; it was about looking at culture, youth, and family through the eyes of the media. I did a case study of a very famous pop star at that time; the narrative section ends in 1989, deliberately - I picked an end-point. I was encouraged to write about something that interested me a lot, but was told that "living individuals" can be unreliable, and unpredictable . . . and so that's a risk. I never thought that just a year later, all he** would break loose as it did! I was shopping it for an academic book, but then I just left it. It just freaked me out so bad that I needed a LONG time to think about it. It was Murphy's Law: if anything can go wrong, it will. :facep:

But you never know what the future holds; I wrote about the very first "Reality Show" except it was in ALL the media; not just on TV. (You will have to look it up. There is an element of surprise involved. ;) )

wouldn't ANYONE accused of a murder try to cry SODDI? Sure, but not political assassins. Here's an historical look, showing the difference between Oswald (listed in the Encyclopedia Britannica as "Assasin)" PLEASE READ:

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace../09/fp.back_issues/15th_Issue/singularity.html

rjm
P.S. -- Thanks, Lexie. Perhaps the IOS app is more stable on the little IPhone. (I can't use something with a screen practically smaller than my pocketwatch. ;) ) I have the app on my IPad, but rarely need to use it, as the browser works just great in that environment. It's a bigger screen, of course. (Wish I had a Note 10.1, 2014. Ah, well. I have a GREAT laptop; can't complain.)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:17 pm

TCB-FAN wrote:Well, you've certainly earned my respect and attention to your posts now....more now than ever. :wink:

Speaking of respect and attention, you have replied not a whit to my input or direct queries, a strong indication there is no deep interest in this subject.

Trying to enlighten people on this momentous, heinous crime is like pissing in the wind.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Well, you've certainly earned my respect and attention to your posts now....more now than ever. :wink:

Speaking of respect and attention, you have replied not a whit to my input or direct queries, a strong indication there is no deep interest in this subject.

Trying to enlighten people on this momentous, heinous crime is like pissing in the wind.

I'm not taking anything away from you either Doc, believe me. You're still the undisputed "King Of The Jungle" around here, as I've said many times before. You have nothing to worry about. Much respect. I apologize if I bruised your ego a bit. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: smt125 smt125

What happened to one of the most popular and beloved U.S. Presidents of all time is beyond tragic way beyond human understanding and don't think for a second I have "no deep interest" on this topic.....after all, I did start this thread, did I not ?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:01 pm

JFK_An Idea Lives On.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.