Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis --> Farewell, St. Paul!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 am

770430_St. Paul.JPG
On stage in St. Paul, MN - Saturday, April 30, 1977
It was his last visit to the Twin Cities. He did a one-liner of "Rip It Up" that evening.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Original-Photo-ELVIS-PRESLEY-Performing-in-Concert-NICE-/251373161717
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Elvis --> Farewell, St. Paul!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Some call me a "'70s hater" and yet when I post a gorgeous, previously-unseen photo from 1977, no one has a comment.

Hmm.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Thanks for the picture Doc. It is a nice shot.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:15 pm

ArtyMorty wrote:Thanks for the picture Doc. It is a nice shot.

The top half, anyway. ;-)

Thanks.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Thanks for posting the picture Doc, it is a really nice picture, one of the best I've seen from 1977.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:The top half, anyway.

'70s hater!

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:14 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:Thanks for the picture Doc. It is a nice shot.

The top half, anyway. ;-)

Thanks.

Here's a top half from the same show.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 pm

Here's the color version:

s77043001.jpg
"I Got A Woman" - St. Paul, MN - Saturday, April 30, 1977
Photo: Scott Stumpf
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/pictures/s77043001.jpg

Still not enough top half, though. ;-)

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:22 am

I don't know what it was, but in the Shaver photos from this show, he looked, dare I say it, good..."The King Still Rocks Fair Hearts to Weep" said the Minneapolis Star review...thank you for the photo.

Image1.jpg

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:24 am

Scott Hayward wrote:I don't know what it was, but in the Shaver photos from this show, he looked, dare I say it, good..."The King Still Rocks Fair Hearts to Weep" said the Minneapolis Star review...thank you for the photo.

Don't see it.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:14 am

Scott Hayward wrote:I don't know what it was, but in the Shaver photos from this show, he looked, dare I say it, good..."The King Still Rocks Fair Hearts to Weep" said the Minneapolis Star review...thank you for the photo.

Image1.jpg

The clue is that Elvis lost some weight in April.
Compare pictures from Ann Arbor to for example the May tour and the difference is shocking.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Robert wrote:

Image1.jpg

Compare pictures from Ann Arbor to for example the May tour and the difference is shocking.

Or from the 68 Special for that matter. :?

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Thanks. This thread made me smile, after watching my "tragic tape."

Nice kidding around.

Good night all,
rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm

Too bad I lost contact with Scott Stumpf. He was amazed I had his b/w photo of Elvis and credited to him and then supplied me with the color one. He also send me the photo from Sioux Falls 77 from his friend. They had some other stuff and then they banished ... :|

Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Robert wrote:

Image1.jpg

That's what I always thought myself! The difference between Ann Arbor '77 and Louisville '77 is indeed incredible!

@Doc: Thanks for posting an unseen picture.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:09 am

Super find, DOC! As always, thanks so much.

rlj