with Sandie Kaye

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 pm

Re: with Sandie Kaye

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Awesome photos Terry ::rocks

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Woow, great shoots!!! Thank you very much :smt006
The first one is from 1958 (March 12, 1958?), and the second from 1957, Loving You time. Looks like the photo from February 1957, with Valerie Allen, on the bike.

"March 12, 1958 - Elvis gets a fine Sendoff - Singer Elvis Presley, packing an old-fashioned blunderbuss, gets thoroughly "bussed" by a pair of film lovelies today before Elvis left for Memphis, Tenn. and induction into the Army on March 20. Doing the kissing at a farewell party for the singer are starlets Dolores Hart, left, and Valerie Allen. Elvis will visit his parents in Memphis before reporting for his tour of duty with the Army."
(i'm sorry, i can't remember the source for this)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Terry wrote:Image

Is Sandie Kaye a special fan?

Is this her today, on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sandie-Kaye-Stevens/100000408401733

Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:02 am

Sure looks like her.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:41 am

Gotta be her doc.she has Elvis listed in everyone of her subjects
Music,her favorte films, televison shows,ect.

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:48 am

Great shots - thanks for posting.

Davide

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:57 pm

She looks much better in the 1st shot!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Sandie Kaye is the blonde 13 year old on the right. THe first picture shows her friend Laura. She just told me that.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:16 pm

Terry wrote:
580312_w fan Laura.jpg

570700_w unk_Sandie Kaye.jpg

According to all the information, the first photo is from March 12, 1958 with a fan named Laura.

The second is circa July 1957, with unknown and fan Sandie Kaye.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:42 pm

Great post with 2 fantastic new candids.
Thx for sharing

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Laura is real easy to look at :)

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:34 am

WMarkJ wrote:Laura is real easy to look at :)

"Tell Laura I love her ..."

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 pm

Tell Laura I love Her,a song by Ray Peterson He was a great friend and boss
as i had the pleasure of doing some shows with him,early 70's
He also wrote and recorded "The Wonder Of You".
He was always grateful and proud that Elvis had chose to do his song.
::rocks

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:43 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Terry wrote:Image

Is Sandie Kaye a special fan?

Is this her today, on Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/people/Sandie-Kaye-Stevens/100000408401733

It's her all right! She's a Facebook friend. And one night well over a year ago, we chatted for a couple hours. It was fun talking to someone who knew him well. I was asking what his parents were like; she had met them. No revelations there; they were "nice people." I don't know what I hoped for. But, in any event, it was a real trip!

She was QUITE young at the time, but I didn't mention that.

Facebook is weird that way. I find myself talking politics or music with Steve Binder, and then I think I should have fainted instead; that's like . . . crazy! He was "God" to me. And now, he's a person - a person who talks (writes) to me about regular stuff. What??? LOL!

Unreal.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:48 pm

rjm wrote:It's her all right! She's a Facebook friend. And one night well over a year ago, we chatted for a couple hours. It was fun talking to someone who knew him well. I was asking what his parents were like; she had met them. No revelations there; they were "nice people." I don't know what I hoped for. But, in any event, it was a real trip!

She was QUITE young at the time, but I didn't mention that.

Facebook is weird that way. I find myself talking politics or music with Steve Binder, and then I think I should have fainted instead; that's like . . . crazy! He was "God" to me. And now, he's a person - a person who talks (writes) to me about regular stuff. What??? LOL!

Unreal.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Lol, yep rjm Facebook is an interesting animal. We had a similar experience with Steve Binder about a week ago on there. A few of us had a question about a great picture we were looking at with him and Elvis plus some of the dancers for a sequence in the "68 Special. I didn't know he was friends with Steve on Facebook but he told everyone to hold on. He tagged Steves name in the photo then asked him if he could shed any light. Bam...(was like 10 minutes later) Steve got the tag notification and gave us all a thorough detailed answer about what the story was in the photo. I was quite impressed.

I've seen both Sandie & Sandi (Miller) on the same facebook page posting and doing some interesting Q&A type stuff together. She (they both) seem very nice and more than happy to answer questions.

Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:17 pm

It's 'Lil Bit' again!!! :wink: Check this posting out;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=75521#p1139338

Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:18 pm

One wonders what Sandie felt in November 1973, when she plopped her fresh copy of Raised On Rock on the turntable and heard:

I don't want much
Just want a little bit
Don't want it all
Just a little bit