Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Norbert Putnam on recording Elvis

Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 am

Lol... good stuff!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15jTTmuDhl0

Re: Norbert Putnam on recording Elvis

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 am

Hmmmm....sounds like a loud of crap to me.... he also says that Felton called Elvis "King" during recording sessions...how many times have we heard Felton call Elvis "King" in all all the studio banter we have ?

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 am

I think the overall story is accurate because I know Norman Putnam was at all these sessions.

It's not like a situation where you have someone that wasn't there making stuff up.

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 am

Putnam is a classy guy & world class musician. I interviewed him back in August (I'll get around to publishing it eventually). Funnily enough, we had a major disagreement regarding Elvis playing guitar in the studio. Putnam firmly believes that he never saw Elvis play guitar, even though the session tapes, historical record, Sony Music, and experts such as Ernst Jorgensen, Joe Tunzi, Keith Flynn, and FECC confirm that Elvis played on the June 1970 sessions (particularly the country songs).

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

jeremylr wrote:Putnam firmly believes that he never saw Elvis play guitar, even though the session tapes, historical record, Sony Music, and experts such as Ernst Jorgensen, Joe Tunzi, Keith Flynn, and FECC confirm that Elvis played on the June 1970 sessions (particularly the country songs).

You can even clearly hear his distinctive style ... :D

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am

Browsing other videos in the link above, I also watched the one Recording with Elvis at Stax...There "Put" shares the story about the song Elvis never finished. A Dobie Gray tune...Was it "If Love Must Go"? These lyrics really saden one's mind. What do you think, Doc? We had it all on the other hand is less poignant.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:22 am

thats a great story. he would not go to the trouble of making all of that up.