Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:41 pm

One night in Vegas FTD (August 10th 1970, opening show) - Simply brilliant!

Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:46 am

I cannot help but saying THROW THE OLD BOOTLEGS AWAY, THIS IS THE REAL THING! :D

Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Front.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:20 am

August 14th 1970 - Midnight Show - Las Vegas

Good show with a lot of joking around. if you like it when Elvis jokes around a lot then u will love this show. The first part of the show is pretty loose. After "I Got A Woman" he sings a couple lines of "You Don't Know Me". He introduces himself as Johnny Cash and attempts to sing "Folsom Prison Blues and I Walk The Line. he can't remember all the lyrics but its still nice too hear. he says his newest single (I've Lost You) is next on the schedule but he does not want to do it. some girl yells out for "The Wonder of You" so he says he will do that instead. while the band and charlie look for the sheet music on that Elvis intros james and goes into Johnny B Goode instead.Glad he did that instead of singing I've Lost You.:) He sings the full version of The Wonder Of You instead of the short version he would start doing a week or so later.

Another cool moment comes during the introductions when he and The Sweets sing "Oh Happy Day". I wish he had sung that more often. he also points out to the audience that they are being filmed. The filmmakers were still filming but now they were filming from behind Elvis to get shots of him in front of the crowd.

My complaints include a 7 minute version of "Love Me Tender" where Elvis was enjoying kissing the women in the audience a little too much. its was probably fun to watch but its not fun to listen too for that long. And Elvis ruins the beginning part of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by joking around too much. The joking continues into "Suspicious Minds" as well. Judging by Elvis's comments he was wearing a red leather snakeskin belt with the chainsuit seen in TTWII. The show lasts for almost an hour.

That's Alright Mama
Amen (just the title)
I Got A Woman/You Don't Know Me
Mystery Train/Tiger Man
Folsom Prison Blues/I Walk The Line
Love Me Tender (+ 1 false start)
Elvis Introduces James Burton as Chuck Berry
Johnny B Goode
Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On (1 line)
Blueberry Hill (1 Verse)
The Wonder Of You
You've Lost That Lovin Feeling
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros-
Oh Happy Day
-Band Intros - (missing)
All Shook Up
Blue Suede Shoes
One Night
Hound Dog (missing)
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling In Love
Last edited by DEH on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 am

Should be mentioned that we have an import and a cdr of the show which are incomplete at different spots..

The Man In White Vol. 3:
Hound Dog missing
Happy Day incomplete
intros inc.
Polk Salad Annie inc.(reprise missing)

Oh Happy Day (cdr):
Hound Dog incomplete
Polk Salad Annie reprise (inc.)
intros inc.
CAn`t Help FAlling In Love (inc.)

Like this loose show very much..

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:51 am

Just listened to The afternoon show of MSQ from PFAP. Great show IMO, Love the sound & Elvis sounds fantastic.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:57 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Should be mentioned that we have an import and a cdr of the show which are incomplete at different spots..

The Man In White Vol. 3:
Hound Dog missing
Happy Day incomplete
intros inc.
Polk Salad Annie inc.(reprise missing)

Oh Happy Day (cdr):
Hound Dog incomplete
Polk Salad Annie reprise (inc.)
intros inc.
CAn`t Help FAlling In Love (inc.)

Like this loose show very much..

Good to know. Thanks. i wish they had filmed it from the front.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Lou Fanty wrote:Just listened to The afternoon show of MSQ from PFAP. Great show IMO, Love the sound & Elvis sounds fantastic.

The best show out of the 4 MSG shows. i listen to it in the car all the time.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 pm

March 26 1975 - Las Vegas - Midnight Show..

Great show and Great setlist with Very few oldies. He was concentrating on his newer material which is great. He was probably doing it to keep his sanity.lol. at one point he says that he is going to do the songs they want to hear and the songs "we like to do". a clear message there. :D There is a cool moment for one fan when he asks for a Guitar pic and Elvis just gives him one. Elvis also calls out some girl in the crowd who he can hear singing along with him and he jokes that he is the one who is getting paid to sing. One fans tells him he is not getting older, he is getting better and He thanks them and replies "That's partly true". and then jokes that the band is not getting better just older.

You can tell Elvis was really enjoying himself when he was letting out a few "Wooooooo!!"s during "If You Love Me Let Me Know" and Steamroller Blues. The Highlights of the show are those two songs as well as "Its Midnight", "Promised Land" (after the song he says "There's more words in that song than the First Book of Genesis"), "Fairytale", "My Boy", "Let Me be There", and "Burning Love"

The only negative is that he has David Briggs playing clavinet. I can't stand the sound of that thing. it was not needed.

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen
Love Me
If You Love Me Let Me Know
And I Love You So
Big Boss Man
Its Midnight (+ 1 false start)
Promised Land
Fairytale (false start)
Jambalaya ( a few spoken lines)
Fairytale
-Band Intros and Solos-
What'd I Say
-Band Intros and Solos-
Hail, Hail Rock N Roll
My Boy
I'll Remember You
Let Me Be There (+ reprise)
Teddy Bear/Don't Be Cruel
Until Its Time For You To Go
Burning Love (By Request)
Steamroller Blues (By Request)
Can't Help Falling In Love

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:31 pm

The great sounding multi-track of August 12 1970 Midnight Show as released on ''That's The Way It Is'' 3 CD

Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:39 pm

Good show
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Something, August 11th 1970 Dinner Show, a soundboard recording in Stereo! I really enjoyed this show.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Return Of a Prodigy (August 3, 1969 DS)

What a show...perhaps even the best from 1969..he sounds so crisp and fresh..from start to end. Man he had a terrific time on stage...

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:17 pm

Lou Fanty wrote:Something, August 11th 1970 Dinner Show, a soundboard recording in Stereo! I really enjoyed this show.

Multi-track ;)

Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:28 am

Kansas city Blues.Good show from 1974 i watched the you tube clips of the show from 8mm with soundboard dubbed in this is the best quality footage from a 8mm ive seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceQo87pLoRg

Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Elvis' performance is not what it used to be, but still a nice enough show. :D

Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 pm

October 6, 1974, evening show from Dayton, Ohio.

Actually a pretty good show from this uneven tour. Elvis displays a good sense of humor and seems to be having fun.

rlj

Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:38 am

Just got this today SR are not the best but tbh this wasnt that bad in most places. Listen to it and then im listening to Sold Out again cause this is one of the best releases this year Thankyou Ftd team.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm

I did not listen to the complete shows, but gave selections a' la BURNING LOVE and MYSTERY TRAIN / TIGER MAN a spin. Even though Elvis wasn't giving 100% during the concerts, he still could deliver top-notch performances if he wanted to.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:14 pm

CS of the Jan/Feb 1970 LV engagement.

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:33 pm

October 20. 1976

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:11 am

cd_forth_worth.jpg

Solid show,not spectacular but a good listen.Didn't have the original so don't know of any sound improvements but the guitars are way up in the mix and the drums sound crisp and clean also the orchestra is barely noticeable so it makes it a bit different and interesting not for the song content but for the sound.I like it.

norrie

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:29 am

Ciscoking wrote:Return Of a Prodigy (August 3, 1969 DS)

What a show...perhaps even the best from 1969..he sounds so crisp and fresh..from start to end. Man he had a terrific time on stage...

I still don't have this one... would love to see FTD release this show.

Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 am

Its been quite some time since I listened to this FTD. Its ok, not as bad as many people generalise it is, but Elvis's general state and attitude could have been avoided. But he doesn't sound as Crook as Rookwood (http://www.rookwoodcemetery.com.au/) as he did a few days later with that heavy head cold. Also, I don't understand why he'd want to be on stage within two hours of waking up, its bad enough starting a normal job in that time frame.