Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Looking for RARE army photo

Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:07 pm

So hey guys, I've been desperately looking for a very rare army picture of Elvis I found a while back on the web. From what I remember it was taken in 1960, he was in full army uniform and it was a CLOSE-UP of his face. I believe other pictures were taken around the same time and I'm not completely sure but its possible it was taken at the army departure briefing inside a small room with Elvis and the other soldiers sitting and taking notes. I think the picture below was taken either in the same room or around the same time as I recall he was wearing the same uniform and had a similar hairstyle (it can't be 1958 when he got inducted because he had his hair cut short). I hope it's been helpful. Thanks again.

Re: Looking for RARE army photo

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:00 am

Here's the picture:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 am

Guys I need your help please! I'm desperately searching the web for it!

Thanks!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:17 pm

Your description is a bit vague. Do you mean to say he is wearing that same overcoat in the pic you are searching for? Or was the pic taken "around" the same time?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Thanks for your response mr. Bob. I believe he was wearing the same overcoat of your 1st picture. If you look closely,the 2nd picture, taken at Fort dix, he's not wearing the overcoat. I think the picture I'm looking for was taken around the same time of your 1st picture due to:

1.) I recall he was wearing a thick coat (it had the same thick collar)
2.) The background was similar (small white (class)room)
3.) There's a different version of your 1st picture, the color was more brown-ish and not so black and white
4.) It looked like he was seated and not standing up

Like I said, it's a very rare picture because I've never seen it on any website before. Thanks for your time!

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:14 pm

We collected a whole heap of Army shots from all over the web we could find and tried to put some order and dates on them.
We don't seem to have any alternates of the ones already posted here though, but thought I'd give you the link just in case the picture you're looking for is in here

http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/epa-4 ... t=6&page=1

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm

According to one of the army books, the date of your picture is March 4, 1960.

I have (in one of the books) another pic of that day, in the same room wearing the same overcoat while seated in that same chair, but this is not a close-up.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for the great photos but unfortunately it's not in there. It's a rare picture, I remember it wasn't of great quality either. Now for a second question, I remember finding another close up of Elvis in the same period. I believe it was taken at Fort Dix because he was in the same uniform and the background had the same dark color as the other pictures, most notably the one of Elvis and Nancy looking into the camera when they got their picture taken.

Thanks again! I appreciate it

Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:44 am

Is this one the picture you were talking about mr. Bob-Hollande?