Post here your Elvis' pictures

Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 am

Again a rare candid from my collection.....

The date is unknown to me.....

The seller from the photo told me the date is WICHITA 10/7/1974!!!!!

Maybee ?????

Who knows more??????
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:45 am

Judging by his clothing, it looks as though this dates from 10th July 1974 and the Memphis Southmen's football season opener.

Here's another photo at Candid Central:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/071074memphis.html

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Great picture postman and well spotted Garfield, I think your right about the date. Loving the fact Elvis drove himself to the football game. And is that a spectator walking past oblivious to the big set of white wheels that just pulled up?
Again, great picture!

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Julian Grant wrote:Great picture postman and well spotted Garfield, I think your right about the date. Loving the fact Elvis drove himself to the football game. And is that a spectator walking past oblivious to the big set of white wheels that just pulled up?
Again, great picture!


Your point about Elvis driving himself reminds me of another shot of him pulling out the Graceland gates with a similar fringe, jacket and white collar. I can't locate the shot, but I am sure it shows him swinging right on the steering wheel, possibly with a cigar in his mouth with a smile, and it may even show Lisa in the passenger seat - all going by memory.

If anyone can think of the shot I am thinking of it would be great if you can post it. I think it may have appeared in the 1978 Candidly Elvis book.

I might be talking out my tail pipe too!

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:38 pm

Yep, definitely from the game in Memphis. Great shot!
Eivind
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:42 pm

Eivind wrote:Yep, definitely from the game in Memphis. Great shot!
Eivind

Image


I don't feel this image is from July 10, 1974 -- if that's what you are saying.

Elvis looks different, and he would not likely have taken a 6 year-old girl to a nighttime, professional football game. The other photo, seen on Candid Central, shows the singer with Red and Sonny West only.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:46 pm

Eivind wrote:Yep, definitely from the game in Memphis. Great shot!
Eivind


Yep that's the one I was recalling, thx mate!

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:50 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Eivind wrote:Yep, definitely from the game in Memphis. Great shot!
Eivind

Image


I don't feel this image is from July 10, 1974 -- if that's what you are saying.

Elvis looks different, and he would not likely have taken a 6 year-old girl to a nighttime, professional football game. The other photo, seen on Candid Central, shows the singer with Red and Sonny West only.


That was not what I meant Doc.. The photo was in reply toJim D's request.

Eivind

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 pm

But I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of it being from the same night, as he looks to be wearing the same jacket. His hair looks the same as well. I could be wrong though as it may look like our man is sporting a cold sore in photo with Red and Sonny.
Eivind

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Elvis looks different, and he would not likely have taken a 6 year-old girl to a nighttime, professional football game. The other photo, seen on Candid Central, shows the singer with Red and Sonny West only.


There's no reason Elvis wouldn't take Lisa out with him later in the evening through her summer vacation. He wasn't exactly a stickler for bedtimes, which I'm sure Lisa loved, but her mum less so! After all, by this time, she'd been out on tour with her father, as early as Nov 72, staying up late etc. I've taken my 6 year old daughter to watch a soccer game, and to the theatre etc late in the evening on weekends / school hols.

Everything else in the photo is the same - it's the evening, his clothes are the same etc. Just because Lisa isn't in the other photos doesn't mean she wasn't there. She may just be out of shot.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Eivind wrote:But I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility of it being from the same night, as he looks to be wearing the same jacket. His hair looks the same as well. I could be wrong though as it may look like our man is sporting a cold sore in photo with Red and Sonny.
Eivind


Actually, Elvis doesn't look the same, and anyone who knows anything about U.S. pro football, in this case the fledgling, ill-fated WFL, would well know that it was no place for a 6 year-old girl.

World Football League | Memphis Southmen
http://wfl.charlottehornetswfl.com/team_pages_1974/08.php

But, please, someone prove me wrong and show us a photo of Elvis taking his first-grader to a mid-week, nighttime WFL game.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Doc. Why do you quote me? I never said he took Lisa to the game. I said the other photo could be from the same night as in my view looked the same. I even said I could be wrong, pointing to a possible cold sore in the shot from Strictly. Something he didn't have in the shot with Lisa...
In my book words like possibly, could've etc. dies not mean somthing are stated as facts.
Eivind

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:09 pm

Doc. Why do you quote me? I never said he took Lisa to the game. I said the other photo could be from the same night as in my view looked the same. I even said I could be wrong, pointing to a possible cold sore in the shot from Strictly. Something he didn't have in the shot with Lisa...
In my book words like possibly, could've etc. does not mean somthing are stated as facts.
Eivind

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 pm

Eivind wrote:Doc. Why do you quote me? I never said he took Lisa to the game.


It was implied when you suggested the photo was from the same night. But my post is meant for all to read, just a consideration of the facts.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:20 am

postman wrote:Again a rare candid from my collection.....

The date is unknown to me.....

The seller from the photo told me the date is WICHITA 10/7/1974!!!!!

Maybee ?????

Who knows more??????


Nice one Mike - I trust you've given it to Erik for the last volume of the Elvis Files ;-)

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:30 am

Eivind wrote:Yep, definitely from the game in Memphis. Great shot!
Eivind


1974 Cadillac Fleetwood Elvis at the wheel ....the other picture with the police officer standing is a 1972 Lincoln Continental mark IV ...

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:36 am

postman wrote:Again a rare candid from my collection.....

The date is unknown to me.....

The seller from the photo told me the date is WICHITA 10/7/1974!!!!!

Maybee ?????

Who knows more??????
Would Elvis drive a 1972 car in 1974? at the rate he was buying cars I doubt it...

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:04 pm

seeseerider4ever wrote: Would Elvis drive a 1972 car in 1974? at the rate he was buying cars I doubt it...


The OP's photo is from 7-10-1974, regardless of the year, make or model of the car.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:12 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:But, please, someone prove me wrong and show us a photo of Elvis taking his first-grader to a mid-week, nighttime WFL game.


Here you go.
drivelisa74.jpeg


You were wrong about the "Girl Happy" photo (you thought it was from "Viva Las Vegas") so unless you can prove that he is not taking her to a game then any suggestion is possible.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:30 am

memfisking wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:But, please, someone prove me wrong and show us a photo of Elvis taking his first-grader to a mid-week, nighttime WFL game.


Here you go.
drivelisa74.jpeg


You were wrong about the "Girl Happy" photo (you thought it was from "Viva Las Vegas") so unless you can prove that he is not taking her to a game then any suggestion is possible.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003


Not sure what you are going on about ("Girl Happy"?), but your FECC rants are often indecipherable.

However, going by your unquestionable intelligence and logic regarding this side-topic, we can easily say Elvis is taking Lisa to go on a spaceship ride.

Thanks!

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:07 am

I just love the fact Elvis drives himself rather than being chauffeur driven.Not a big deal perhaps but a small sign of normality in Elvis' lifestyle.


norrie

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:38 pm

He almost always like to drive cars, motorcycles, and buses. Even in his last 2 days of life he enjoyed to ride his motorcycle and drive his car.

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Yes I was talking in general not just about that particular photo

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Image

Re: Rare candid from 1974

Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:52 am

Hi speaking of 1974 i was looking at the candid central page and come across the wierdest photos of elvis ivé ever seen September 27 or 28 college park backstage with some cops looking apart from under the infulence just downright strange. I know those concerts are infamous as 2 of his worst ever but is slightly disturbing how he could look that different in that particular photo and a few days either side look fine

What are your thoughs ?


Gitchops83

btw very indepth and quality elvis fourm.