Off Topic Messages

Re: Elvis' Pianist Tony Brown Arrested On Domestic Charges

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:48 pm

There was a story in Michael Edwards book about his life with Priscilla where she says that Elvis used to hit her on the head with a water melon(?) because he wanted her to stop wrinkling her forehead.And in Joe Esposito's book he said that Elvis pulled Christina Crawford across a coffee table by her hair and told her to leave his house.And of course there's the famous incident with the pool cue that various members of the MM have said did happen.
Like everyone around him said,he did have a short temper and this pre-dated his use of drugs,Lamar said he inherited it from Gladys.The reason that everyone is commenting on it is because of the Elvis connection,he was in Elvis' band so I don't see a reason for this being off topic but no matter what section that it is posted in people will still see it and leave their views on it.I for one don't agree with ANY man putting his hands on a woman regardless what she has either said or done to him.But to be fair to Elvis I don't think what he did or didn't do (I wasn't there) is like what they say his father did to his mother when he was drunk.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 pm

Jacob, who is "they"? I once heard Lamar suggest this, without corroboration, but in many other accounts, Vernon is definitely NOT depicted as abusive; in fact, he's been called weak. Dixie said he was "like a female." She seems to have seen NOTHING of the kind, and if anyone would know, Dixie would.

Gladys had the drinking problem.

So, this is something people have tried to suggest, and there is evidence to the contrary.

A Tupelo neighbor told Elaine Dundy "you never heard THEM Presleys making a racket."

I think this is very strong support for this notion being false.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:25 am

DarrylMac wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Um, actually, no.

I would be great for you to be clear. I will provide some hints.

The first thing you need to do is locate where this topic was posted (All Elvis), by whom (TCB-FAN), and why "Tony Brown" is the Subject (played piano for Elvis).

Now put all those things together.

Good luck:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79749

Ok - let's be clear together. The first mention of Elvis in this thread was your comment ...

It appears you still cannot understand, despite the above. Oh well, no one can say I did not try.

Take care.

---

Back on Topic:

Let's hope Tony and his wife can resolve their marital issues. Until then, may we lay off the condemnations and crass one-liners?

Thanks.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:50 pm

I understand fine - the previous posts before you were referring to an incident with Tony Brown. You are the one who turned the thread towards Elvis, suggesting he was guilty of domestic violence.

Quite straightforward, really, but instead of backing your awful insinuation with facts, you instead try to deflect.

Of course, this is your standard way of avoiding issues when you have nothing to say, so it shouldn't be a surprise. Anyone else can clearly see you're deflecting, as can be noted in the very kind messages of support I received as a direct result of your attitude in this thread.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am

rjm wrote:Jacob, who is "they"? I once heard Lamar suggest this, without corroboration, but in many other accounts, Vernon is definitely NOT depicted as abusive; in fact, he's been called weak. Dixie said he was "like a female." She seems to have seen NOTHING of the kind, and if anyone would know, Dixie would.

Gladys had the drinking problem.

So, this is something people have tried to suggest, and there is evidence to the contrary.

A Tupelo neighbor told Elaine Dundy "you never heard THEM Presleys making a racket."

I think this is very strong support for this notion being false.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

I'm sure Billy Smith also mentions Vernon abusing Gladys( In RMM),he said he heard Elvis tell his daddy that if he ever did it again he would kill him.
Members if the MM said that when Vernon drank he got mean.
As for the Tupelo neighbors comment,that's probably true they left there in 1949 the incidents that Billy and Lamar are talking about happened when they lived at Graceland.