Off Topic Messages

Elvis' Pianist Tony Brown Arrested On Domestic Charges

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Nashville AP -- One of country music’s most high-powered business figures has been charged with domestic assault. Legendary producer and label executive Tony Brown was arrested last week and charged with domestic assault resulting in bodily injury.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by the by Nashville Scene, Brown and his third wife, Jamie, had an argument on Sept. 11 regarding Tony getting her father a job with one of his business partners. Jamie claims that she went upstairs to a spare bedroom afterward and locked the door. She alleges that the 66-year-old executive then kicked the door in and physically assaulted her.

According to the warrant, Jamie went into another room and tried to call the police, but Brown took her phone and threw it into their swimming pool. Police eventually responded to a call and took pictures of Jamie Brown’s injuries. Tony Brown was arrested on Oct. 10, and was subsequently released after posting a $5,000 bond. There is no information as to why he was arrested a month after the alleged incident took place.

Tony Brown began his career as a musician, playing piano for Elvis Presley in the final years of his life. He went on to play with Emmylou Harris and then worked as a session player in Nashville before moving over into the business side of music.

Brown became one of the most influential figures in country music in the ’80s and ’90s, producing acts like Reba McEntire, George Strait and Steve Earle, among many more. As the president of MCA Nashville, he played a key role in breaking Vince Gill, signing him to MCA and personally overseeing his most successful albums. He exited MCA in 2002 and co-founded Universal South Records, which merged with Show Dog Records in 2009 to become Show Dog-Universal Music.

The executive has been married twice before. He and the former Jamie Antee married in February of 2013.

Brown is slated to appear on court on Nov. 20 to answer the charges.

His recent mug shot....

His ID Badge during his EIC days

Tony and his new bride Jamie on their wedding day last February.......

Re: Elvis' Pianist Tony Brown Arrested On Domestic Charges

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:42 pm

She looks like she just might be able to kick his ass.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 pm

You never know anyone 100%. He looks like he just may have what they call a short mans syndrome. I agree, it looks like she could kick his butt.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Tony produced one of the best country albums of all time, Steve Earle´s "Guitar Town".

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:39 pm

They must have wafer thin doors, look at the size of him.

A very unpleasant situation for any woman and I doubt this will be the last time he lashes out.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 pm

He looks like Danny Bonaduce from "The Partridge Family"

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Rob wrote:She looks like she just might be able to kick his ass.

And she even wears flats!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:23 pm

"Next piano player!"

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm

SUN-RCA wrote:He looks like Danny Bonaduce from "The Partridge Family"

That's exactly what I thought when I saw his mug shot.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:50 pm

He also looked like he got some "work" done. Guys do it too apparently.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:05 pm

elvisjock wrote:"Next piano player!"

excellent Rob~! :D

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:08 pm

This all seems a bit exploitative, and the pot shots in reply are a little cold. After all, Elvis had his share of violent issues in the 1970s, but we don't devote topics to them, do we?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:24 pm

YDKM wrote:
elvisjock wrote:"Next piano player!"

excellent Rob~! :D

Rob had nothing to do with it.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Ontour_72 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:This all seems a bit exploitative, and the pot shots in reply are a little cold. After all, Elvis had his share of violent issues in the 1970s, but we don't devote topics to them, do we?

But elvis was a saint.

He is in my eyes :D

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:This all seems a bit exploitative, and the pot shots in reply are a little cold. After all, Elvis had his share of violent issues in the 1970s, but we don't devote topics to them, do we?

Well...he should not be going around beating up on women. Anyone who does that, is fair game in my book.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:

Well...he should not be going around beating up on women. Anyone who does that, is fair game in my book.

Guess that includes your hero, Elvis. Get started on a topic from your ... "book."

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Was Elvis ever charged?

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Fairchild1171 wrote:

100% agree with you,no man has the right to put his hands on a woman in anger,he should be ashamed of himself :(

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:41 pm

If it was Elvis I would still feel the same,it's not a very "Manly" thing to do it's a very cowardly act from a coward in my book

Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:55 pm

elvis1977br wrote:Tony produced one of the best country albums of all time, Steve Earle´s "Guitar Town".

And Brooks & Dunn - 'Hillbilly Deluxe'

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:03 am

Tony Brown remains a big player in Nashville even today. Sorry to see this. Let's let this run its course..........

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:04 am

TCB-FAN wrote:
He also looked like he got some "work" done. Guys do it too apparently.

I met Tony several times back in the mid 90's and he HAS had "work" done.

This story was all over the Nashville T.V. news a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/23663 ... lt-charges

RKS

Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:19 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Fairchild1171 wrote:

Guess that includes your hero, Elvis. Get started on a topic from your ... "book."

Elvis was never charged with beating up a woman...there may have been those who said that he did, including Priscilla...but in the end it's her word against his...which is a moot point since he is dead. All these rumors that you have "googled" or have heard...please present me with just the facts...not a bunch of he said she said bull.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:03 pm

This thread should be on the "off topic" section or better still...deleted.

Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 pm

A shining example of how anything posted here can be turned around to Elvis's detriment. Disgraceful.