Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Last Elvis Concert You Listened To Was?

Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:46 pm

A. C. van Kuijk wrote:Image

If you listen to this, you burn all that 1970s sh*t.

I own a copy of that CD and love it. However, not one '70s concert will I burn.

I hope I didn't let you down.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:26 pm

January 26 1973...Las Vegas...Opening Show..

Great setlist for the show. As has been proven before, Elvis' opening night shows were usually different than most of the rest of the engagement. People think Opening Night August 1974 was the only time but it was not. Unfortunately Elvis would drop a handful of the songs in this show for the rest of the engagement which is too bad. The highlight of the show is the different version of "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" which is way better than the version he did for "Aloha". Here Elvis sings a extra verse and James Burton has a guitar solo. Great stuff. Of course Elvis would drop the song from his show. :facep: Other highlights are "Burning Love", "Something" "My Way", "What Now My Love", "I'll Remember You". Elvis also introduces Redd Foxx...the show is apparently not complete . this lasts around 55 min

See See Rider
Burning Love
Something
Elvis intros Kathy Westmoreland
You Gave Me A Mountain
Steamroller Blues
Sweet Caroline
My Way
Love Me
Blue Suede Shoes
Johnny B Goode
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Fever
Hound Dog
I Can't Stop Loving You
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
What Now My Love
Suspcious Minds
-Band Intros- (missing)
Elvis intros Redd Foxx
I'll Remember You
Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin Goin' On
Can't Help Falling In Love

Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:33 pm

intros are incomplete and 3 songs are missing..(Trilogy, Big Hunk and Walk That Lonesome Road)..

Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 pm

FTD Chicago Stadium... received it yesterday!

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:04 pm

FTD Hot August Night
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Back.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:54 pm

February 22 1970..MIdnight Show....Las Vegas...

Very good show for the most part with the typical setlist for the time. Elvis jokes around a lot. If u like that then u will enjoy this. He introduces The Imperials as The Lettermen, James Burton as Chuck Berry, Ronnie Tutt as Gene Crupa, Glen Hardin as Roger Williams, Charlie Hodge as Lightning Hopkins, Joe Guercio as Leonard Bernstein. The highlights for the show are "Let it Be Me", "Kentucky Rain", "Walk a Mile In My Shoes", and "Polk Salad Annie". The only complaints are that his joking ruins the drama of "Don't Cry Daddy", and he stops "In The Ghetto" about 30 seconds into it and calls out for "See See Rider" instead, and he spends almost 5 min kissing the women in the audience after Polk Salad Annie. He also introduces quite a few celebs. the show lasts around 56 min.

At one point a fan shouts out a request for "Funny How Time Slips Away" which Elvis had not even recorded yet and to our knowledge only sang once. That being in August 1969. why would the fan request that?

All Shook Up
I Got A Woman
Long Tall Sally
Don't Cry Daddy
Everybody Loves Somebody (1 line)
Hound Dog
Love Me Tender (1 fs)
Kentucky Rain
Let It Be Me
I Can't Stop Loving You
Walk A Mile In My Shoes
In The Ghetto (short)
See See Rider
Sweet Caroline
Polk Salad Annie
"Instumental break"
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros Stephanie Powers, Gary Lockwood, John Phillips of the Mamas and The Papas, Johnny Rivers, Jimmy Webb, and Kenny Rogers
Suspicious Minds
Last edited by DEH on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:49 am

Elvis' voice is a little far in the back, but otherwise it's a nice release.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:10 pm

DEH wrote:January 26 1973...Las Vegas...Opening Show..

Ciscoking wrote:intros are incomplete and 3 songs are missing..(Trilogy, Big Hunk and Walk That Lonesome Road)..

Which CD/label released this show? Is it a soundboard?

Would this show be worthy of a FTD release?

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:Which CD/label released this show? Is it a soundboard?

This is a poor sounding audience recording.

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Rob wrote:
Rich_TCB wrote:Which CD/label released this show? Is it a soundboard?

This is a poor sounding audience recording.

Sadley yes :(, But maybe a soundboard does exist, or a better audience recording.. Straight Arrows Job to find it!. Where the heck are they.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:41 am

August 24 1970/Midnight Show/Las Vegas...

Really Good show with Great sound. Elvis is in a good mood and jokes a lot. Elvis intros himself as Johnny Cash and welcomes everyone to The Golden Nugget. It has the typical setlist for this time period except for"When The Snow is On The Roses" which Elvis sings because Ed Ames who sang it is in the audience. He also says its one of his Dad's favorite songs. And he also includes "Release Me" which had not been sung since (that we know of) The Houston Astrodome earlier in the year. The Highlights are "I Just Can't Help Believin", "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', "Polk Salad Annie", "Bridge Over Troubled Water" and "Suspicious Minds".

My only complaints are that he screws up the beginning of "The Wonder Of You" and then performs the shortened version and then screws around with some of the 50s songs with too many false starts and joking around (Heartbreak Hotel and Hound Dog). the joking around lasts longer than the two songs do. overall a good show though. another annoying thing that sometimes comes along with audience recordings is the people near the recorder. There is some woman with a annoying voice who keeps saying.."There's No Tomorrow". I don't know if this was a song request for Elvis or she was just talking to herself. :roll: but this is one of the best sounding audience recordings i have heard. wish they were all like this.

That's Alright Mama
I Got A Woman/Ave Maria
Spanish Eyes (1 line)
Tiger Man
I Just Can't Help Believin'
You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
Polk Salad Annie
-Band Intros-
Johnny B Goode
-Band Intros - (Missing)
Elvis intros Jimmy Wakely, Darlene Love, The Osmond Brothers
When The Snow is On The Roses (2 False Starts)
Elvis intros Ed Ames
The Wonder Of You (Short version)
Heartbreak Hotel (4 false starts)
One Night
All Shook Up (1 False Start only)
Blue Suede Shoes/Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin On
Hound Dog (too many false starts to count)
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Suspicious Minds
Can't Help Falling In Love (1 false start)
Release Me
Can't Help Falling in Love
Last edited by DEH on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:02 am

Mobile A/S from June 2nd 1975......nice show!~ :D

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:21 pm

From my favorite concertyear, this classic.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:02 pm

January 26 1974 - Midnight Show - Las Vegas

Really good show. This is a underrated Engagement. Elvis was performing well, seems in a good mood, and added a few new songs. After "I Got a Woman" Elvis says "Me and Ole Blue Eyes are back". I guess Sinatra was performing in Vegas at the same time?? I have only two complaints with the show. 1 is that he brought "Sweet Caroline" back which had run its course in my opinion. Even Band members have said that they got bored with this song. And also letting "Voice" have their own song to sing. I have no use for them. The rest of the show is Great. The Highlights being "Let Me Be There" which is a little slower than later versions, "Polk Salad Annie", "Spanish Eyes", "Help Me", "American Trilogy. Elvis introduces a lot of celebs this evening too. Before introducing Danny Thomas he mentions that they lived beside each other and that Dannys home was so big it blocked Elvis's view of LA.:).

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen (+ reprise)
Love Me
Let Me Be There
Sweet Caroline
Love Me Tender
The Rock n Roll Medley (Long Tall Sally, Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On, Your Momma Dont Dance, Flip, Flop, Jailhouse Rock, Hound Dog)
Fever
Polk Salad Annie
Elvis Intros Voice
Killing Me Softly (Sung by Voice)
Spanish Eyes
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros Lorne Greene, James Brolin from Marcus Welby, George Burns, Danny Thomas, Mike Connors from the Mannix show, Jack Lord
I Can't Stop Loving You
Help Me
Elvis intros Marty Pasetta
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk Of Love

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:05 pm

May 3 1977 one of my favourites

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:30 pm

this is the last concert i listen to and that was about 2 mins ago lol.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:37 pm

DEH wrote:January 26 1974 - Midnight Show - Las Vegas

After "I Got a Woman" Elvis says "Me and Ole Blue Eyes are back". I guess Sinatra was performing in Vegas at the same time??

Sinatra was opening January 25 in the Caeser`s Palace..,..the date Elvis' opening was supposed to be, too..to not conflict with him Elvis made a usual DS and MS on January 26 since it was a Sat and the busiest day in Vegas. On Sun January 27th Elvis gave the single 10 pm opening show with invited guests and press etc....

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Ciscoking wrote:

After "I Got a Woman" Elvis says "Me and Ole Blue Eyes are back". I guess Sinatra was performing in Vegas at the same time??

Sinatra was opening January 25 in the Caeser`s Palace..,..the date Elvis' opening was supposed to be, too..to not conflict with him Elvis made a usual DS and MS on January 26 since it was a Sat and the busiest day in Vegas. On Sun January 27th Elvis gave the single 10 pm opening show with invited guests and press etc....

Thanks for the info. Music fans had it made back then. You could go see Elvis and Sinatra back to back. what can u see now? Britney Spears? Ugh.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:15 pm

Really good show. This is a underrated Engagement. Elvis was performing well, seems in a good mood, and added a few new songs. After "I Got a Woman" Elvis says "Me and Ole Blue Eyes are back". I guess Sinatra was performing in Vegas at the same time?? I have only two complaints with the show. 1 is that he brought "Sweet Caroline" back which had run its course in my opinion. Even Band members have said that they got bored with this song. And also letting "Voice" have their own song to sing. I have no use for them. The rest of the show is Great. The Highlights being "Let Me Be There" which is a little slower than later versions, "Polk Salad Annie", "Spanish Eyes", "Help Me", "American Trilogy. Elvis introduces a lot of celebs this evening too. Before introducing Danny Thomas he mentions that they lived beside each other and that Dannys home was so big it blocked Elvis's view of LA.:).

See See Rider
I Got A Woman/Amen (+ reprise)
Love Me
Let Me Be There
Sweet Caroline
Love Me Tender
The Rock n Roll Medley (Long Tall Sally, Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On, Your Momma Dont Dance, Flip, Flop, Jailhouse Rock, Hound Dog)
Fever
Polk Salad Annie
Elvis Intros Voice
Killing Me Softly (Sung by Voice)
Spanish Eyes
Suspicious Minds
-Band Intros-
Elvis intros Lorne Greene, James Brolin from Marcus Welby, George Burns, Danny Thomas, Mike Connors from the Mannix show, Jack Lord
I Can't Stop Loving You
Help Me
Elvis intros Marty Pasetta
An American Trilogy
A Big Hunk Of Love

Last version of a big hunk o love is a highlight to :D

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm

25 June, 1977 - the Claude Baker recording.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 am

Jim Dandy wrote:25 June, 1977 - the Claude Baker recording.

?
I only know of one recording.. Or is that the 'Claude Baker' recording?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 am

Robert wrote:
Jim Dandy wrote:25 June, 1977 - the Claude Baker recording.

?
I only know of one recording.. Or is that the 'Claude Baker' recording?

The one that can be found on 'Since Cincinatti", right?

Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:52 am

Well I haven't made a direct comparison but going by memory the recording does sound like its deeper in the audience than the one we all know, with Elvis sounding somewhat further away. I was instructed never to copy/share it so I am not surprised it wouldn't be well known.

Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:02 am

Jim Dandy wrote:Well I haven't made a direct comparison but going by memory the recording does sound like its deeper in the audience than the one we all know, with Elvis sounding somewhat further away. I was instructed never to copy/share it so I am not surprised it wouldn't be well known.

Interesting...
Can you post a snippet?