Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:51 pm

sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:23 pm

Brian,

did they release previous shows of other artists on dvd??

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:14 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot[/quote]

Thanks Ken. I didn't know that - never watch it. However, you are right, there is no way they are going to change the 'X' Factor times. Bearing this in mind I am hoping for a Friday (8th) airing - a similar programme for the Bee Gees aired on a Friday evening and that was very successful for them. Alternatively a 6.30 pm start on 9th would be OK. Whenever it does air I sincerely hope SONY release the album immediately afterwards.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:23 pm

minkahed wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:I checked with the Official Charts Company today and they confirmed sales of both versions of the album will be added together for the charts.

Brian


Well, Brian, good work.

I will, a specially for you, order two, (2), copies, just so Elvis can get support in sales for his 50th UK chart album.

And I also happen to think that track #1, on Disc 1, will be the actual #1 ! :wink:


Thanks minkahed. I will also buy a few for friends etc. I agree with your choice for No.1. Interestingly, I wonder of the winning track will get into the singles chart also?

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Thanks Ken. I didn't know that - never watch it. However, you are right, there is no way they are going to change the 'X' Factor times. Bearing this in mind I am hoping for a Friday (8th) airing - a similar programme for the Bee Gees aired on a Friday evening and that was very successful for them. Alternatively a 6.30 pm start on 9th would be OK. Whenever it does air I sincerely hope SONY release the album immediately afterwards.

Brian[/quote]

The X-Factor is getting shorter at that point in November, as the number of acts will have shrunk by about 4 or 5. So I would guess it will be on either before, at approx. 6.30, or after at about 9.30.

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:38 pm

poormadpeter wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Thanks Ken. I didn't know that - never watch it. However, you are right, there is no way they are going to change the 'X' Factor times. Bearing this in mind I am hoping for a Friday (8th) airing - a similar programme for the Bee Gees aired on a Friday evening and that was very successful for them. Alternatively a 6.30 pm start on 9th would be OK. Whenever it does air I sincerely hope SONY release the album immediately afterwards.

Brian


The X-Factor is getting shorter at that point in November, as the number of acts will have shrunk by about 4 or 5. So I would guess it will be on either before, at approx. 6.30, or after at about 9.30.[/quote]

Thanks for that.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:
sweetangeline wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:and has the desired effect of getting a high charting album.

We live in hope.

Brian


I`m sure they also hope too that the viewership is high


I agree. If my suspicions are right I will hazard a guess that the show will air on 9th November, 2013. All similar shows have been for 90 minutes on a Saturday evening between 7.30 p.m. and 9 p.m. If SONY cannot get a hit album from that exposure then I don't know what will.

Brian

Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Cant see them moving the X factor for Elvis,its their Flagship show for saturday primetime.so maybe a tea time slot


Thanks Ken. I didn't know that - never watch it. However, you are right, there is no way they are going to change the 'X' Factor times. Bearing this in mind I am hoping for a Friday (8th) airing - a similar programme for the Bee Gees aired on a Friday evening and that was very successful for them. Alternatively a 6.30 pm start on 9th would be OK. Whenever it does air I sincerely hope SONY release the album immediately afterwards.

Brian[/quote]
I don't watch it either but I will watch Elvis

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:45 pm

From UKMIX
From this week's Music Week,

Beatles vs. Presley in end of year face-off
The Beatles have been pitched against Elvis Presley in one of the most intriguing new release battles of Q4. The world’s most successful band’s new set of BBC recordings will be released in the UK on November 11, the same day a new retrospective by Presley, the biggest-selling solo artist in history, debuts at retail.

The Beatles’ On Air – Live At The BBC comes 19 years after the group’s double set Live At The BBC entered the UK artist albums chart at No.1 on the back of nearly 100,000 sales, according to the Official Charts Company, and to date has shifted around half-a million copies. Any new Beatles release is a big affair, especially one like this featuring previously unissued recordings, but this set is extra significant as it will be the first new Fab Four album to come out since Universal bought EMI for $1.9bn (£1.2bn). It will appear on the group’s own Apple label via Universal Music Catalogue.

Its release is made all the more interesting by it appearing on the same day as The Nation’s Favourite Elvis Songs, a new Sony Presley ‘best of ’ that will be accompanied by a primetime ITV1 show counting down the UK’s favourite tracks by the singer and featuring contributions from the likes of Michael Buble and Priscilla Presley.


So Elvis will have no chance of making it to Number 1 unless Sony pushes it very hard!

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Lady Gaga and Celine Dion release there albums the same week, so will be hard to get number 1. Top 5 would be amazing!

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Will be tough to compete with an album of unissued Beatles material. Lots of Elvis fans probably won't even buy yet another compilation of the same stuff.

That said, the show is a good idea.

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm

TJ wrote:Will be tough to compete with an album of unissued Beatles material. Lots of Elvis fans probably won't even buy yet another compilation of the same stuff.

That said, the show is a good idea.


No idea how sucessful or not the Elvis CD will be, but recent Beatles releases and re releases have underperformed against expectations despite significant publicity.

Celine won't set the market alight either (great voice though I think she has), Lady Gaga now is something else ( a helium balloon in my view) , can't see her not getting the No1 spot, a new album after sometime and she walks, talks, looks and breathes publicity.

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:45 pm

The release date for 'The Nations Favourite Elvis Songs' album has been brought forward to 4th November. This could mean that the actual TV programme has also been brought forward to Saturday, 2nd November. I will try and find out the reason and the actual date of the TV Programme.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:08 pm

At least his album won't be competing with The Beatles, Lady Gaga, etc, so could have a chance at top 5?

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:21 pm

I could this is set going #1 in the UK simply because those folks are very loyal. Look at what they did
to the singles collection when it was released years ago how many #1's did they get from it?
I would not be surprised if this set does hit #1.

The Beatles of course they will. With their last release of new material 19 years ago. They EMI or Capital does not saturate the market like Elvis releases so they will hit #1 no doubt.

Burning Love

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:12 pm

garyt wrote:At least his album won't be competing with The Beatles, Lady Gaga, etc, so could have a chance at top 5?


However, it will be competing with Eminems Latest Album. Remember, should Elvis get a Top 10 chart position then he will become the only musical act to have 50 Top Ten Albums.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm

The album has been brought forward to 4th November due to the TV Programme screening. I now suspect that the TV programme will be on Saturday 2nd November. However, ITV are reluctant to release the actual date at this time. More information as and when I get it.

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:02 pm

Please go to the following URL for full details of the programme:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4 ... mahDDZwZ9A

Brian

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:14 pm

Brian Quinn wrote:Please go to the following URL for full details of the programme:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4 ... mahDDZwZ9A

Brian

TY Brian....it looks interessting, such a shame it can be seen in the UK only :(

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:29 pm

elvisa wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:Please go to the following URL for full details of the programme:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4 ... mahDDZwZ9A

Brian

TY Brian....it looks interessting, such a shame it can be seen in the UK only :(

It will be rather silly if it's not planned to be made available on DVD, for the Christmas market. It would sell substantially.

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Steve Morse wrote:
elvisa wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:Please go to the following URL for full details of the programme:

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week4 ... mahDDZwZ9A

Brian

TY Brian....it looks interessting, such a shame it can be seen in the UK only :(

It will be rather silly if it's not planned to be made available on DVD, for the Christmas market. It would sell substantially.


has previous "The Nation's Favourite...Song" been released on dvd?? Someone in the U.K must know??

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 pm

so it's going to be aired 4 days after the album is released. Is that good or bad marketing strategy?

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:21 pm

garyt wrote:so it's going to be aired 4 days after the album is released. Is that good or bad marketing strategy?


My interpretation is that the programme will be a statement rather than a question, so at least people will be able to buy the album on the Saturday after having had their interest kindled on the Friday night.

Re: The Nation's Favourite Elvis Song - UK

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:52 pm

garyt wrote:so it's going to be aired 4 days after the album is released. Is that good or bad marketing strategy?


Depends how you look at it. At least the album will be available immediately following the show. Further, the second week sales commence on Sunday and during this week The Beatles and Cliff Richard both have new releases out so a similar age group will be in the shops and shopping online and they may also be tempted to buy the Elvis album. I am reliably informed that the Elvis album will be available in supermarkets - the first release to do so in a long time.

Brian