Chat talk and light discussion

Re: Last cd you bought !!!

Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 am

Pink The Truth About Love

phpBB [video]

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by rocknroller on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:38 am

"Back In Memphis" would be the most memorable, and probably the most recent. The FTD, of course. It is SO outstanding!!!

And for non-FTD product, I am buying the physical product always now, because of "autorip." I will rip it later myself, losslessly or highest quality MP3, but I can hear it on release, so why not get the physical product? You can hear the music immediately. That music is on the cloud, on my phablet. Just fine there.

I also got Tempest, Bad 25th, Prince From Another Planet.

rjm

Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:59 pm

Justin Timberlake's The 20/20 Experience -- a really marvellous album that warrants JT's long period between recording Future Sex/Love Sounds and this, which presents some of his best music to date. The 20/20 Experience is a diverse and broadly flavoured album that feels very much like a flowing musical suite, with the ten songs all being long and unfettered by the need to keep and eye on the running-time and amount of tracks within. The overall production here is nothing short of outstanding, with Timberlake on brilliant form throughout -- it's a hugely enjoyable album, but has plenty of depth and much to appreciate with each subsequent spin. I've rarely had The 20/20 Experience out of my CD player since it was released, and other than the hit singles Suit & Tie and Mirrors, most every track stands out through having their own identities along with being essential components as part of a terrific whole.

phpBB [video]

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:00 am

I ordered the following and am awaiting their arrival (within the next couple weeks):

Vegas Variety CD Volume 10 : September 5, 1971 Dinner Show
Southern Gypsy Magic : Wednesday, July 23, 1975 CD from Straight Arrow
Elvis : Snowbird Revisited
Never Ending Demand Volume 3 & 4 CDs

I typically have no patience when it comes to new Elvis CDs. :mrgreen:

Fri May 10, 2013 7:04 am

It's always a joy to listen to this man sing.

Fri May 17, 2013 5:24 pm

She & Him Vol3.
I simply love their music.. (and I simply love to look at Zoey Deschanel :-) )

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:57 pm

The Hillbilly cat live and The Hillbilly cat returns :smt007

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:01 pm

130419_Phoenix_Bankrupt.JPG

Phoenix - Bankrupt!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bankrupt!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Mister Mike wrote:It's always a joy to listen to this man sing.

smt174

Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:46 pm

the first album from rondo veneziano
they come from italy i think
it,s intrumental
jan

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am

My favourite band at the moment.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:20 pm

Just got the latest KT Tunstall cd, I pre ordered it when i booked my tickets to see her in Leeds, Great show with just KT and her guitar and a loop pedal and i got a signed cd as well :-).

KT-Tunstall-Invisible-Empire-Crescent-Moon.jpg

Alan.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:05 pm

Bob-Holland wrote:My favourite band at the moment.

The Gaslight Anthem is fantastic. The 59 sound is my favourite cd by them. The title song must be one of the best rock songs ever written! Also a cool reference, via Counting Crows' 'Round Here', to Elvis :"I always kinda sorta wished I looked like Elvis". ( 'High Lonesome')

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Pink&Black wrote:
Bob-Holland wrote:My favourite band at the moment.

The Gaslight Anthem is fantastic. The 59 sound is my favourite cd by them. The title song must be one of the best rock songs ever written! Also a cool reference, via Counting Crows' 'Round Here', to Elvis :"I always kinda sorta wished I looked like Elvis". ( 'High Lonesome')

There are many references to Elvis in their music, they even have a song entitled 'Wherefore Art Thou, Elvis?', many references to r&r in general, and of course MANY links with Springsteen. They appeared on stage with him a couple of times.

'The Spirit Of Jazz' has really become one of my favourite rock 'n' roll songs of all time, I just can't get enough of this tune!
Check out this live version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDJyCGc_DVw and keep an eye on how Fallon yells out the words around 1:30 .... AWESOME !!

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 pm

From Elvis In Memphis and Stay Away, Joe. :smt007

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:30 am

Turn me loose,the chanceller records story 2cd only young once,the king record story 2cd night and day the jubilee records story 2cd.

Great collection of cds hopefully buy the rest of the series soon !!!

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:59 pm

I don't buy "new" CDs any longer but the latest "new manufactured" CD I bought was The Beatles 1 CD released in November 2000. Nowadays I only buy used vinyl albums (hundreds per year) and a couple of used CDs every year.

Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Just got
Imelda May -More Mayhem
- Love Tattoo
- Tribute to Les Paul ( Jeff Beck & others along with the Blu Ray )
Buddy Guy - Living Proof

...having difficulties uploading Pics :sosorry:

Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:24 pm

jbgude wrote:Just got
Imelda May -More Mayhem
- Love Tattoo
- Tribute to Les Paul ( Jeff Beck & others along with the Blu Ray )
Buddy Guy - Living Proof

...having difficulties uploading Pics :sosorry:

Imelda rocks love and have both her cd's !!!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 am

10 pints of Lager said I needed this and for once the beer was right even though it cost me 80 quid.
A Boxset from the bootleg Godfather label focusing on Queens Rock N America tour from 1982,the last time they would play North America.
Great sounding audience recordings from 3 shows.Hot Space may have been a disappointment to many US rock fans but the audiences are very enthusiastic to these live shows.
There are a good few songs I've never heard live before and even the Hot Space material rocks (rather than er DISCO'S) Nothing can save "Bodylanguage" though!

queen-hot-space-tour-1982-6-cd-box-set-special-ef41.jpg

queen-hot-space-tour-1982-6-cd-box-set-special-77b7.jpg

queen-hot-space-tour-1982-6-cd-box-set-special-498e.jpg

queen-hot-space-tour-1982-6-cd-box-set-special-e3b8.jpg

norrie

Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:53 am

Anyone else pick this little beauty up? Came out last month:

The sound is really great, the show is extra-long, and the crowd is going wild!

phpBB [video]

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:20 am

That one passed me by Doc,you'd have thought it would have been mentioned here !
Someone should start a thread but I'm sure it would get little response.

norrie

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:30 am

norrie wrote:That one passed me by Doc,you'd have thought it would have been mentioned here !
Someone should start a thread but I'm sure it would get little response.

norrie

Yeah, you're probably right.

Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:28 am

Paul McCartney....New
Willie Nelson...To All The Girls

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:43 pm