burning, ripping, decoding ,codec'', etc..
Moderators: promiseland/JimmyCool

Forum rules

Forum rules
Note: Before any posting relating to Software is done in this Forum & FECC as whole. ALL SOFTWARE must be Legal in accordance to Copyrights and Licensing per Vender . If we become aware, the material you are linking or trading is Illegal for all to see. Your thread, post and Account will be removed by FECC immediately ! What you do in private between members is of course, No concern of ours.

My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:52 am

And I can't imagine any collector here not having it! Seriously.

It's my fave research and organizational cloud software tool, Evernote. If you collect, organize photos, do research, etc., you cannot live without it. It's like Ecco Pro for a new century. (They never mention Ecco Pro, but without the inspiration, there'd be no Evernote. Ecco Pro is like a forgotten old genius bluesman. One who is never recognized. Cultural theft! ;) )

https://www.evernote.com/referral/Registration.action?uid=44174291&sig=54c43217ccb66b744ae5030fd679862d

DISCLAIMER: if you click this link to get it, I get points for more space. And YOU get one month's worth of a PREMIUM account! I just kinda had to tell you, when I saw the little horn blowing in my Android app. It said to "post to all your friends." HELLO FRIENDS!

If you object to the "points for me" part, well, just get it on your own. I mean, if you feel I'm being spammy, or something, I understand. But it's a win-win, and I wouldn't recommend something to you that I didn't totally believe in. But, if it bothers you, just get it on your own; you needn't click this link. You won't get a month's Premium, but you'll have a clear conscience, and keep me free of sin. Personally, I'll confess, or atone, or whatever.

In any event, it's a great program, and they now have their own "marketplace," and they've got together with "post-it" notes, and Moleskine notebooks, and that sort of thing. It's really awesome, and growing. And it really helps!

OS: Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Windows RT . . . whatever you have, they have an app for it! And they all play well together. Everything syncs up through their their cloud. Your info is YOURS, and can be downloaded at any time to local storage, and you can leave forever, and still have all your data.

rjm

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:20 am

rjm wrote:And I can't imagine any collector here not having it! Seriously.

It's my fave research and organizational cloud software tool, Evernote. If you collect, organize photos, do research, etc., you cannot live without it. It's like Ecco Pro for a new century. (They never mention Ecco Pro, but without the inspiration, there'd be no Evernote. Ecco Pro is like a forgotten old genius bluesman. One who is never recognized. Cultural theft! ;) )

https://www.evernote.com/referral/Registration.action?uid=44174291&sig=54c43217ccb66b744ae5030fd679862d

DISCLAIMER: if you click this link to get it, I get points for more space. And YOU get one month's worth of a PREMIUM account! I just kinda had to tell you, when I saw the little horn blowing in my Android app. It said to "post to all your friends." HELLO FRIENDS!

If you object to the "points for me" part, well, just get it on your own. I mean, if you feel I'm being spammy, or something, I understand. But it's a win-win, and I wouldn't recommend something to you that I didn't totally believe in. But, if it bothers you, just get it on your own; you needn't click this link. You won't get a month's Premium, but you'll have a clear conscience, and keep me free of sin. Personally, I'll confess, or atone, or whatever.

In any event, it's a great program, and they now have their own "marketplace," and they've got together with "post-it" notes, and Moleskine notebooks, and that sort of thing. It's really awesome, and growing. And it really helps!

OS: Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Windows RT . . . whatever you have, they have an app for it! And they all play well together. Everything syncs up through their their cloud. Your info is YOURS, and can be downloaded at any time to local storage, and you can leave forever, and still have all your data.

rjm

Im in
I have downloaded it

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:24 am

keninlincs wrote:
rjm wrote:And I can't imagine any collector here not having it! Seriously.

It's my fave research and organizational cloud software tool, Evernote. If you collect, organize photos, do research, etc., you cannot live without it. It's like Ecco Pro for a new century. (They never mention Ecco Pro, but without the inspiration, there'd be no Evernote. Ecco Pro is like a forgotten old genius bluesman. One who is never recognized. Cultural theft! ;) )

https://www.evernote.com/referral/Registration.action?uid=44174291&sig=54c43217ccb66b744ae5030fd679862d

DISCLAIMER: if you click this link to get it, I get points for more space. And YOU get one month's worth of a PREMIUM account! I just kinda had to tell you, when I saw the little horn blowing in my Android app. It said to "post to all your friends." HELLO FRIENDS!

If you object to the "points for me" part, well, just get it on your own. I mean, if you feel I'm being spammy, or something, I understand. But it's a win-win, and I wouldn't recommend something to you that I didn't totally believe in. But, if it bothers you, just get it on your own; you needn't click this link. You won't get a month's Premium, but you'll have a clear conscience, and keep me free of sin. Personally, I'll confess, or atone, or whatever.

In any event, it's a great program, and they now have their own "marketplace," and they've got together with "post-it" notes, and Moleskine notebooks, and that sort of thing. It's really awesome, and growing. And it really helps!

OS: Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, Windows RT . . . whatever you have, they have an app for it! And they all play well together. Everything syncs up through their their cloud. Your info is YOURS, and can be downloaded at any time to local storage, and you can leave forever, and still have all your data.

rjm

Im in
I have downloaded it


Thanks, Ken! :)

I think you'll have a grand time with it! I use it constantly. And you have the Premium version, too, for a month. I only have the free version. (It's similar, but for the storage capacity, and some cool features.)

rjm

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 am

I will use it so thank you kindly

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:47 am

keninlincs wrote:I will use it so thank you kindly


You're welcome! :D

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:42 pm

I has it on my IPhone. :D Just really ain't figured out how to use it quite yet.

Re: My Favorite Music Research App!

Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Tony Trout wrote:I has it on my IPhone. :D Just really ain't figured out how to use it quite yet.


Hi Tony,

Missed this! Thanks.

This is also for anyone interested in organizing their data.

Evernote has as many uses as you need. You should install the apps on all your devices: there's one account, and apps for all your devices.

They have really been busy lately! I have upgraded to a Premium account; it's just too useful!

I have several projects separated: a daily log, which keeps daily reminders and where I store paper-based sticky notes (use post-its; you can auto-tag by color), receipts, pictures of serial numbers, etc.

It's wonderful if you need to do interviews, or take unstructured histories. I find new uses constantly.

(I am trying to find a way to hook it into a relational database, but it's a different model.)

I will create a new notebook stack for my Christmas shopping. (A stack is like outlining, but with the notebooks.)

For my research work, it's invaluable, and the best tool since the great Ecco Pro from the 1990s. You do not have to use the paper notebooks they sell to get your handwritten stuff into Evernote. Works fine with anything. Tag with post-its. Or just tag.

But the best things are the browser extensions, Evernote web clipper and "Clearly" for Chrome. The Web is yours, all organized into your notebooks, notebook stacks, and tags.

I have news clippings, photos, pdf files, the works, all organized and easily searchable.

You may also enjoy the "Food" app, and soon you'll love the car-finder app! Never lose your car again! (For parking lots.) And all saved to Evernote!

It will be great for when I finally get down south, and will geo-tag all my notes, photos, audio interviews, everything! It all goes into the proper notebooks with the proper tags. When you return, you know where everything happened. Great for interviews and photos.

You can do all this outside the program, but it's way better if organized.

It runs on their cloud, which is why cross-platform is so easy. With a Premium account, you have offline access to everything. In fact all data belongs to you, always.

You can also share special notes, if you like.

I tie all my cloud accounts, contacts, and Twitter activity together in Hojoki. It includes Evernote and Dropbox.

Once you get the hang of it, you're hooked! Very cool.

Avoid the new "Evernote Market," though; they are way overpriced. You can get the same or better gear elsewhere. You don't need it. Well, okay, a tee-shirt. ;)

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4