Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks guys great!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:39 am

bripet56 wrote:Great shot Tony, never seen this before.

Hilton, I doubt the photo is from 1964.
Johnny Rivers´ version of Memphis, Tennessee was released around May/June 1964 and thus the break between Elvis and Rivers should have happened at that time.

However, the car to the left in the photo is a 1965 Ford Galaxie so the photo is definitely after Rivers released his version of Memphis, Tennessee and it shot to the top of the hit lists.

1965 Ford Galaxie.jpg


Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk


You guys are amazing! Thanks everybody for sharing with us!!

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:14 am

Tony King wrote:Thanks guys great!!

Thanks Tony

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks for the all great candids, Tony.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 pm

.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:45 pm

A few more ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 am

Based on the direction of Elvis' pointing, I wonder if he's discussing the painting of the fat funky angels?

Image

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:39 pm

I have this dated February 1965.


bripet56 wrote:Great shot Tony, never seen this before.

Hilton, I doubt the photo is from 1964.
Johnny Rivers´ version of Memphis, Tennessee was released around May/June 1964 and thus the break between Elvis and Rivers should have happened at that time.

However, the car to the left in the photo is a 1965 Ford Galaxie so the photo is definitely after Rivers released his version of Memphis, Tennessee and it shot to the top of the hit lists.

1965 Ford Galaxie.jpg


Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:00 pm

I wish I had a time machine to take a digital camera back to these days.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Tony King wrote:I wish I had a time machine to take a digital camera back to these days.


Me too Tony. And we would have made sure to get the proper date on the photos from the start.
But then again, then we wouldn´t have had all the fun trying to put the corect date on all the photos ;)


I´ll get back to you after the week-end.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 am

How magnific pics!!! Wonderful!! Thank you my friends!!!!! ::rocks :smt006

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm

I like this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:05 pm

Every pic from 68-69 he looks so immaculate, so sharp. It was such a great time in his life. Thanks again Tony!!

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:00 am

Some from the 50's. I don't know when and where they were taken or if these are known pictures. I don't recall how I got hold of them. They come as they are.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:02 am

Dito
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:13 pm

This should be a sticky thread!!

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:Some from the 50's. I don't know when and where they were taken or if these are known pictures. I don't recall how I got hold of them. They come as they are.


Very nice indeed G.I. Blues and thank you for posting. Given the ring on Elvis' 'wedding' finger, the shirt and white jacket I'm provisionally dating these pictures as Wednesday 4th April, 1956, in San Diego, CA The picture in the dark jacket is harder. Elvis wears that shirt on 28th May, 1956 while leaving Dayton, OH. But with a different jacket. He also wears it without a jacket at all in Memphis on 20th July.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:54 pm

G.I. Blues wrote:Some from the 50's. I don't know when and where they were taken or if these are known pictures. I don't recall how I got hold of them. They come as they are.




I would say April 15, 1956-San Antonio, TX :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:03 am

Great shots - thanks for sharing.
Anyone have a date on this one?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:14 am

bripet56 wrote:So, how about a date for this one?
Anybody got any info?
Image

The lady is holding the "Singer Presents Elvis Singing Flaming Star and Others"
Image

Image

From what I know this is the LP that was released for a very short time just prior to the TV show being aired on December 3, 1968.
Anybody know the exact date it was released?


The Singer LP came out late October-early November 1968, but I cannot determine a specific date. You should know that the first photo you have does not depict Elvis with fan Sandi Miller.

Here she is with Elvis in November 1968:


Image

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks, G.I. Blues, for these beautiful 1956 shots.

I don't know the exact date, but many of them show legendary fan Kay Wheeler, president of one of the first Elvis fan clubs, and a very active promoter of rock and roll in those early days. She also appeared, dancing, in the cult rock and roll movie "Rock Baby, Rock It" (1957), which featured, among other things, great performances by Sun artist Rosco Gordon, and Decca (future Phillips International) artist Johnny Carroll.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050908/

Check her website - she's still around ! :

http://www.kaywheeler.com/kayhome.html

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:07 am

Tony King wrote:You're welcome
I always enjoyed this shot - Supposed to be Elvis with singer Johnny Rivers. Taken from the back window of a car driving through Hollywood, CA in 1967.

Image


Thanks for sharing that snapshot Tony King.

IIRC, it has been published before, perhaps in 1976's The Illustrated Elvis. Many place the date to late 1965-early 1966. As a bonus, the quality is better here. In fact, it is good enough to pinpoint where it was taken:

7414 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles

The building seen just over Elvis' right shoulder is a match for the contemporary street view I captured below. Luckily, that structure is basically unchanged, right down to the numbering over the door.

131011_7414 Melrose_Los Angeles_01.JPG


What do you think, Tony King? No one has ever identified the street they were riding on, until now. And I owe it all to you, and that better-quality version of the snapshot.

::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:50 pm

Thank you all for the great information that you added to the pictures above

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:54 pm

Mister Moon wrote:Thanks, G.I. Blues, for these beautiful 1956 shots.

I don't know the exact date, but many of them show legendary fan Kay Wheeler, president of one of the first Elvis fan clubs, and a very active promoter of rock and roll in those early days. She also appeared, dancing, in the cult rock and roll movie "Rock Baby, Rock It" (1957), which featured, among other things, great performances by Sun artist Rosco Gordon, and Decca (future Phillips International) artist Johnny Carroll.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050908/

Check her website - she's still around ! :

http://www.kaywheeler.com/kayhome.html


Thanks a lot! IIRC, I have that movie somewhere on VHS. Should check my collection!

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm

You're welcome, G.I. Blues !