Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

New Willie Nelson ...with Mavis Staples

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

A preview from Willies new album out in October (UK)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3K0u6Kxgog

Re: New Willie Nelson ...with Mavis Staples

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Nice song.We could be on to another winner here with some interesting duets.

norrie

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 am

norrie wrote:Nice song.We could be on to another winner here with some interesting duets.

norrie

Theres a nice version of "Walkin"with Norah Jones on it

Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 pm

He sounds remarkable for his age - yes, he might sound older but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment at all.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:34 am

poormadpeter wrote:He sounds remarkable for his age - yes, he might sound older but it doesn't detract from the enjoyment at all.

Agreed

Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 am

Nice review of the album from The Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... eview.html

norrie

Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am

norrie wrote:Nice review of the album from The Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... eview.html

norrie

Thanks Norrie,good reading

Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:01 pm

Willie truly is a phenomenon the likes of which we rarely see in popular music, or country music in particular. His is one of the great long careers with regards to the quality of music he produces, if without the commercial appeal and chart success of Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra or Johnny Cash. We'll soon have to consider Springsteen, Elton John and Paul McCartney in a similar vein, given their ages now -- and how prolific, consistent and interesting their musical output remains at this stage of their careers. And with the kind of plaudits and success many contemporary acts would envy! But Willie, in his eighties now, shows no detrimental signs of his advanced years and sings with the kind of vocal timber and story-telling ability that's made his music so endearing over six decades. To All The Girls is a splendid album, with some excellent song choices and able duet partners. From Here to the Moon and Back, with Dolly Parton, is possibly my favourite track on the album. Dolly, herself, excelling in a long career of her own.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:06 am

Willie recently turned 80. This is his version of an old Louvin Brithers song, from a couple of years ago. Very pretty, he's still got it.

phpBB [video]

My favorite Willie duet. This is him with Lucinda Williams.
phpBB [video]

Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for posting "My Baby's Gone", Mike. Once I heard his recording for the first time it still pops up in my head from time to time. Great album, by the way.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:04 am

luckyjackson1 wrote:Thanks for posting "My Baby's Gone", Mike. Once I heard his recording for the first time it still pops up in my head from time to time. Great album, by the way.

Thanks buddy.

Question: What do you get if you cross Willie Nelson with Jerry Lee Lewis and Shel Silverstein ?

Answer: Perfection.

phpBB [video]