Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Here is a Photoshopped version of the picture of Elvis in the 40's in Tupelo. I think I did a decent job on this. It will do until the original is released, if ever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Great work here Arty :smt002

Re: Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:51 pm

Thanks

Re: Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:10 pm

Great job Arty :smt006

Re: Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Thanks, it's what I like to call a dofer..'cause it'll "do for" now!

Re: Tupelo

Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 pm

Wonderful, Arty. What a great job! Thank You Very Much! ::rocks

Re: Tupelo

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you Arty,

It's FANTASTIC !!!!!!

Ed

Re: Tupelo

Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Where has it been confirmed this is Elvis Presley?

Re: Tupelo

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Anybody notice that Elvis is wearing a glove, assuming this pic is real?

Re: Tupelo

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not sure it has been confirmed Doc. But I like to think of the cup as half full, so just in case it is Elvis Presley I took the time to make this. If it is one day confirmed that it isn't Elvis Presley, then oh well never mind. But if it is Elvis Presley (and to me it looks like him) then so be that too! If the one the "Cup" guy was selling is a fake, then please consider my version as a fantasy photo.

Re: Tupelo

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Wow thats realy great work, thank you very much!!!

Re: Tupelo

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 am

Okay, first, great work on this picture. Second, Where was this found...I know on Ebay, but how this came up? What's the story of this picture? Was it found from the newspaper? Family photos? I don't remember seeing this or I cannot find anything about this picture. If it was found from the newspaper, then we should be able see this if it was real or not.

Re: Tupelo

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:47 am

The photo was supposedly given to a fan by Janelle McComb A friend of Elvis' - He then decided to sell copies of it on eBay.
more info here:
http://www.gastongazette.com/spotlight/ ... y-1.196559

Re: Tupelo

Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 am

ArtyMorty wrote:The photo was supposedly given to a fan by Janelle McComb A friend of Elvis' - He then decided to sell copies of it on eBay.
more info here:
http://www.gastongazette.com/spotlight/ ... y-1.196559


Thank you for this ArtyMorty. There has been a lot of talk about this photo but very little from where it actually came from. Nobody really seemed to care about that part of the story, just a lot to talk about the photo itself. I was not aware of the guy in the link, Wade Jones, but as soon as I saw the name Janelle McComb it clicked like a finger snap. She's a well recognized Presley family friend from way back so makes total sense now. Interesting read. Thanks

Re: Tupelo JACKED!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 am

@ArtyMorty

The Australia site has jacked it, watermarked it, and then it was put it on Facebook!!!

Someone named "Chris" (unknown) shared it, and was thanked.

OnFacebook.jpg


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=704913156203142&set=a.606776832683442.1073741828.100000533920224&type=1&theater

My friend didn't know! She trusted the Australia site, and is from New Zealand. She didn't know; nobody knew!!!

Another person said he got it from another site.

rjm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tupelo JACKED!

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 am

rjm wrote:@ArtyMorty

The Australia site has jacked it, watermarked it, and then it was put it on Facebook!!!

Someone named "Chris" (unknown) shared it, and was thanked.

OnFacebook.jpg


https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=704913156203142&set=a.606776832683442.1073741828.100000533920224&type=1&theater

My friend didn't know! She trusted the Australia site, and is from New Zealand. She didn't know; nobody knew!!!

Another person said he got it from another site.

rjm

Relax it's only a doctored photo of a mystery person. :roll:

Re: Tupelo

Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Elvis Australia, well what can I say?
A bandit, thief and glory taker .

Re: Tupelo

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:30 pm

1Sixstring wrote:
ArtyMorty wrote:The photo was supposedly given to a fan by Janelle McComb A friend of Elvis' - He then decided to sell copies of it on eBay.
more info here:
http://www.gastongazette.com/spotlight/ ... y-1.196559


Thank you for this ArtyMorty. There has been a lot of talk about this photo but very little from where it actually came from. Nobody really seemed to care about that part of the story, just a lot to talk about the photo itself. I was not aware of the guy in the link, Wade Jones, but as soon as I saw the name Janelle McComb it clicked like a finger snap. She's a well recognized Presley family friend from way back so makes total sense now. Interesting read. Thanks



Friends,

What puzzles me, when I look to this pic...
If you ever been there..... the railroad track on this pic is too far away. Actually i can't see it at all.
The houses on the other site of the street MUST be standing on the track.
I think that the picture is reversed!

Also if you look to the hardware store, it looks more logical....

Ed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Tupelo

Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:44 pm

You can also check;

'Turn around' and you can see how close the track is....

https://maps.google.nl/maps?safe=off&ie ... CDoQrwswAA

Ed

Re: Tupelo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:35 am

I don't think it is reversed since the cars are facing the other way. I don't know if that street was one way but I doubt it.

Re: Tupelo

Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:33 am

Francesc wrote:I don't think it is reversed since the cars are facing the other way. I don't know if that street was one way but I doubt it.


Look at the shirt. Is he wearing his mom's blouse? Because the buttons in the reversed pic are the girl-way.

rjm