Off Topic Messages

ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:49 am

Went to see this ETA at the LVH he was absolutely terrible ,the worst I have ever seen and the tickets cost more than they were for Elton John at Caesars Palace!..The Elvis Statue had more life in it than he did
Avoid him like the plague
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:18 pm

I wouldn't cross the road to see any of them.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Gary1 wrote:I wouldn't cross the road to see any of them.

No one made me go

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm

That statue is inside the LV Hilton/Hotel? In the casino? I missed it when I was there. Where is it in relation to the Showroom?

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:24 pm

WMarkJ wrote:That statue is inside the LV Hilton/Hotel? In the casino? I missed it when I was there. Where is it in relation to the Showroom?

yes its at the entrance now

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:35 pm

can't quite read the plaque under the statue. Anyone have their glasses? :)

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:45 pm

WMarkJ wrote:can't quite read the plaque under the statue. Anyone have their glasses? :)

donĀ“t know what browser you are using.
i use firefox and can zoom in very close and read quite clearly.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:48 pm

WMarkJ wrote:can't quite read the plaque under the statue. Anyone have their glasses? :)

Here you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:13 pm

keninlincs wrote:Went to see this ETA at the LVH he was absolutely terrible ,the worst I have ever seen and the tickets cost more than they were for Elton John at Caesars Palace!..The Elvis Statue had more life in it than he did
Avoid him like the plague

You should have shot him! Then gone out and shot the rest of the sad idiots!!!

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:25 pm

mysterytrainrideson wrote:
keninlincs wrote:Went to see this ETA at the LVH he was absolutely terrible ,the worst I have ever seen and the tickets cost more than they were for Elton John at Caesars Palace!..The Elvis Statue had more life in it than he did
Avoid him like the plague

You should have shot him! Then gone out and shot the rest of the sad idiots!!!

Am too peaceful to shoot someone for singing

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:30 pm

keninlincs wrote:
Gary1 wrote:I wouldn't cross the road to see any of them.

No one made me go
Nobody said anything about you being made to go.You said to avoid him like the plague and i was just saying i wouldn't go to see see any of them.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:35 pm

If I recall correctly when I was in Vegas, I saw that Trent is performing in a different room than the Showroom Elvis was in 69-76. I would not like him desecrating that holy ground.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:23 pm

Gary1 wrote:
keninlincs wrote:
Gary1 wrote:I wouldn't cross the road to see any of them.

No one made me go
Nobody said anything about you being made to go.You said to avoid him like the plague and i was just saying i wouldn't go to see see any of them.

Chill out no one made me go it was my own fault and yes avoid him like the plague

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:45 pm

keninlincs wrote:Went to see this ETA at the LVH he was absolutely terrible ,the worst I have ever seen and the tickets cost more than they were for Elton John at Caesars Palace!..The Elvis Statue had more life in it than he did
Avoid him like the plague


So what exactly did you expect? He's an Elvis impersonator! I hope you went to see Elton John because if you went to see Carlini instead, that's pretty bad.

Carlini has been kickin around Vegas for awhile. I remember seeing billboards for him at least 20 years ago.

So how much was Trent Carlini?

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:36 pm

Carlini was 60 dollars but elton was only 55 I saw both but also saw the beatles love,which was better tha both

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:47 pm

I've seen a few of the Elvis Tribute Artists - the only one that I felt did justice to the material was Max Pellicano. He did a good job of blending 50's, 68 Special, and 70's material into his 1.5 hour act. He performs with a live band also which helps tremendously. If I recall correctly Carlini works to a pre-recorded track.

Big Elvis at Las Vegas Harrah's has a great voice and has a lot of respect for the material, but I don't think he fancies himself a tribute artist.

Most of the rest are not that great, including Carlini.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 pm

keninlincs wrote:Carlini was 60 dollars but elton was only 55 I saw both but also saw the beatles love,which was better tha both

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2


So what did Trent Carlini do that that you didn't like? Did he sound bad? Did his production values not match up to the price of his ticket? Did he use recorded music? Please explain.

BTW, have you seen other ETAs?

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:38 pm

He sandg to backing tapes.he had a girl dancing on stage next to him,he was not very professional, and he didnt sound like Elvis,and yes I have seen a few ETAs in my time and he was the worst,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:02 am

ETA's.............. :facep: :facep: :facep: :facep:

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:13 pm

Interesting, Ken. I saw Carlini perform at the Hilton in 2005, I believe. Tickets were not nearly that expensive, though. Maybe $30? He used a full band, and actually put on a pretty good stage performance. He wore a jumpsuit that was wayyyyyy too tight, though. I sat about twenty rows back, and I could see quite clearly which way he.....ahem.....was dressing. It was kinda nasty.

Sitting in the same row as me were Joe Esposito and Sam Thompson. I approached Joe in the lobby earlier that day. He was very cordial, and told a bunch of cool Hilton stories.

Also, at that time, the Elvis statue was located in the front of the hotel by the main entrance.

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:44 pm

KHoots wrote:Interesting, Ken. I saw Carlini perform at the Hilton in 2005, I believe. Tickets were not nearly that expensive, though. Maybe $30? He used a full band, and actually put on a pretty good stage performance. He wore a jumpsuit that was wayyyyyy too tight, though. I sat about twenty rows back, and I could see quite clearly which way he.....ahem.....was dressing. It was kinda nasty.

Sitting in the same row as me were Joe Esposito and Sam Thompson. I approached Joe in the lobby earlier that day. He was very cordial, and told a bunch of cool Hilton stories.

Also, at that time, the Elvis statue was located in the front of the hotel by the main entrance.

He seemed quite bored and didn't come across as a fan,maybe he was having an off night or suffering from Vegas burnout

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Carlini's been at it a long, long time. I think he made his first appearance as an ETA back in the early 90s. He's bounced all over the place, including LVA, Sahara, and at least one other place. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just phoning it in at this point. Didn't he win some TV contest a few years back?

Re: ETA Trent Carlini at the Las Vegas Hilton

Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:38 am

keninlincs wrote:He sandg to backing tapes.he had a girl dancing on stage next to him,he was not very professional, and he didnt sound like Elvis,and yes I have seen a few ETAs in my time and he was the worst,

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2


That's what I figured. $60 bucks to watch a karaoke show? That's pretty bad. I guess if the tickets are that expensive, you would think you are getting a pretty good show with full orchestra. Sounds like he wasn't even good enough for a free lounge show.