Post here your Elvis' pictures

Uncut picture

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:24 pm

This picture with Warren Smith was taken at the Elvis visit to Memphis, the 23 sept. 1956.
I couldn't find it anywhere uncropped

Re: Uncut picture

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Here's a whole lot of pics from the same day, including the one you posted in uncropped form :

560923 MEMPHIS.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Not the best quality, sorry.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks the whole picture and the context ! :D

Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:05 pm

Here's another !

560923.jpg
Last edited by Mister Moon on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:09 am

Mister Moon wrote:Here's another !

Warren Smith, Elvis, Captain Woodard - Memphis. Sunday, September 23rd., 1956

At the time of this photo in Memphis, on Sunday, September 23, 1956, the officer was Sergeant Fred Woodward of the Memphis P.D. Notice also Woodward's tie shows "1856 ... 1956" -- honoring some kind of historical event, one suspects.
Last edited by drjohncarpenter on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:39 am

Where's the red Cadillac and the black moustache?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:27 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mister Moon wrote:Here's another !

Warren Smith, Elvis, Sergeant Fred Woodward - Memphis. Sunday, September 23rd., 1956

At the time of this photo in Memphis, on Sunday, September 23, 1956, the officer was Sergeant Fred Woodward of the Memphis P.D.

I've edited my original post accordingly.

drjohncarpenter wrote: Notice also Woodward's tie shows "1858 ... 1956" -- honoring some kind of historical police event, one suspects.

Yes, I noticed this too.

It was the commemoration of the Centennial of the Mid-South Fair. Check this :

http://midsouthfair.com/about-history.php

"In 1956 the Fair celebrated its 100th year. The climatic ceremony of the Centennial Celebration was the time capsule being buried on the Fairgrounds, which will be opened in 2056. The centerpiece of the event was the Centennial Village, a Williamsburg-like replica of an 1856 town portraying the day-to-day existence of its people.

The most memorable moment of the Centennial Fair was the surprise appearance of Elvis Presley. Elvis had a penchant for the Fairgrounds, especially the Dodgem Car rides and the Zippin Pippin roller coaster. He would rent the Fairgrounds amusement park at midnight so that he and his friends could ride all night. The amusement park was not the only attraction Elvis found at the Mid-South Fair. He also admired the beautiful winners of the Miss Mid-South Fair and Youth talent Contests."

More information here :

http://www.landmarkandlegend.com/mid-south-fair.html

Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:21 am

Cool, the centennial of the fair it was -- thanks. Edited my post a tad.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:07 pm

Jim Dandy wrote:Where's the red Cadillac and the black moustache?

:D Warren Smith Rocks !!!