Post here your Elvis' pictures

Re: 3.5" Elvis

Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Thanks Brian. Here's another.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Beautiful Tony. Thank you, I have the last two dated June 5th, 1969. You?

Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks Tony. If your photos are not new to me then thay are in better quality and larger size so it´s improvement all over.

Julian, do you know where the June 5 date comes from?
I would love to put a date on those photos.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:33 pm

When I add a photo to the collection I tend to just note what is written on the reverse. I have found over the years that sometimes it is very accurate because you have several sources (usually fans that were there and agree on the date) Other times the info is so wrong it's funny.
I can't confirm the June 5th date as I have nothing on the back of the photo. It's blank..
But it's fun trying to Sherlock Holmes these things.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:27 pm

Tony, I can´t wait to get back home from work so I can check if the dates on your thumbnails are the same I have on my photos.
And you´re right, it´s a lot of fun to Sherlock Holmes all those great candids.

And I can see that there is a couple of photos that are new to me and of course many of mine have that SAMPLE all over them.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:56 pm

bripet56 wrote:Julian, do you know where the June 5 date comes from?
I would love to put a date on those photos.

From Elvis Files Vol 5. Whilst I appreciate that there are some errors in each volume, its the most up to date information we have and I assume that Erik got this date from someone. Prior to that I had them dated June and we know that he was at the gate a lot that week, so it fits.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:40 pm

Love this one,

Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:49 pm

:smt007
Tony King wrote:another
So beautiful, Thanks. :P

Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:03 pm

That is such a great thread! Thanks to all! Who need the expensive "Files"? I not.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 am

I'm happy you are enjoying the thread Winston.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:45 am

14th November?

Tony King wrote:I'm happy you are enjoying the thread Winston.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:38 am

A few more in decent quality...

Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Joern wrote:A few more in decent quality...

Great shots. I always thought the 3rd one was Vicky Carr.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes the 3rd one is Vikki Carr Paul
It's my original scan and I sent a copy to her, she was very pleased to see it for the first time a few years ago and told how wonderful a man and friend he was to her. He was actually at her show in this picture and got up on stage to say hello. (or so she says).

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 pm

Tony King wrote:Yes the 3rd one is Vikki Carr Paul
It's my original scan and I sent a copy to her, she was very pleased to see it for the first time a few years ago and told how wonderful a man and friend he was to her. He was actually at her show in this picture and got up on stage to say hello. (or so she says).

That's definitely not the Hilton, judging by the seats. Thanks again Tony King!

Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:32 pm

Tony King wrote:Yes the 3rd one is Vikki Carr Paul

I can't tell you where I got the picture from. I don't know.
Thanks to Paul and you, Tony, for pointing out the correct person on the picture.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 pm

You're all welcome.
Here's a cool shot

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 am

Tony King wrote:You're all welcome.
Here's a cool shot

Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:29 am

That's a good one! Thank you for sharing!

Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Tony King wrote:You're all welcome.
Here's a cool shot

Thanks Tony.
Elvis leaving Milwaukee on June 16, 1972 for Chicago.

Sincerely
Brian
www.brian56.dk

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Great one thanks for sharing!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 am

You're welcome
I always enjoyed this shot - Supposed to be Elvis with singer Johnny Rivers. Taken from the back window of a car driving through Hollywood, CA in 1967.

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:26 am

Great photo, thank you very much, Tony.
Still, i don't think this is from 67, l think it was taken in 64, according to Mr. Hanson, after 64 Elvis banned Rivers from his homes (and i don't think they just meet on the boulevard in 67)

http://www.elvis-history-blog.com/elvis ... ivers.html

Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:04 am

Tony King wrote:You're welcome
I always enjoyed this shot - Supposed to be Elvis with singer Johnny Rivers. Taken from the back window of a car driving through Hollywood, CA in 1967.

Tony, that one is f-a-n-t-a-b-u-l-o-u-s !!! What a great candid. Thank you very much for sharing!!

Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Great shot Tony, never seen this before.

Hilton, I doubt the photo is from 1964.
Johnny Rivers´ version of Memphis, Tennessee was released around May/June 1964 and thus the break between Elvis and Rivers should have happened at that time.

However, the car to the left in the photo is a 1965 Ford Galaxie so the photo is definitely after Rivers released his version of Memphis, Tennessee and it shot to the top of the hit lists.

1965 Ford Galaxie.jpg

Sincerely
Brian
http://www.brian56.dk