Post here your Elvis' pictures

Concert photos from a distance

Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:29 am

Here are a couple of pics shot from some distance. I can't really make out what suit Elvis is wearing but I guess it's from '72 - '74.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Concert photos from a distance

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:32 am

Mainly based on what the auditorium & the stage look like and what the band is wearing (purple), I would make an educated guess that these are from St. Louis June 28 1973...

Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 am

Thank you Scott

Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Here's one that was already posted some time ago.

560409 - Wichita Falls, Tx.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:Mainly based on what the auditorium & the stage look like and what the band is wearing (purple), I would make an educated guess that these are from St. Louis June 28 1973...

good guess, scott!
if you look closely at the 2nd pic, you´ll notice the chair to the right behind the wheel chair. on the back of it´s rest the word "kiel" is written
(and on the 1st foto, too, beside the little girl to the left).

elvis performed in st. louis´ kiel auditorium on the 28th of june 1973.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Christopher wrote:if you look closely at the 2nd pic, you´ll notice the chair to the right behind the wheel chair. on the back of it´s rest the word "kiel" is written

I didn't even see that! :) Thanks for pointing it out...it's always nice to be proven right, too! :D

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Scott Hayward wrote:
Christopher wrote:if you look closely at the 2nd pic, you´ll notice the chair to the right behind the wheel chair. on the back of it´s rest the word "kiel" is written

I didn't even see that! :) Thanks for pointing it out...it's always nice to be proven right, too! :D

you´re the expert. i´m none, but i love to play sherlock holmes sometimes.

i prefer those photos to the, often cropped, pure elvis close up shots, because they capture so much atmosphere and tell so many little stories.
see those camp-chairs? looks more like a multipurpose, than i concert hall (wikipedia.org calls it an indoor arena and says it could be split in two halls, and was often used for basketball and wrestling matches).
everything looks so simple and improvised. see how many people take fotos (i spotted at least four)? - looks like it was allowed to do so. see those kids to the right sitting/lying on the floor? see the two ladies in the middle in the center aisle a few yards from the stage. looks like they were blocking the access to the stage.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I really like concert photos from distance, they give a good perspective of what the atmosphere would of been like to have been sat in the arena watching Elvis live.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:14 pm

Christopher wrote:everything looks so simple and improvised. see how many people take fotos (i spotted at least four)? - looks like it was allowed to do so. see those kids to the right sitting/lying on the floor? see the two ladies in the middle in the center aisle a few yards from the stage. looks like they were blocking the access to the stage.

Yes it's a fun photo! It also demonstrates how diverse the Elvis audience was, age-wise. There are little kids and white-haired grandmothers.

I wonder if that guy in the white shirt got good photos - his equipment looks suited for nice ones: not your average Instamatic there. :)

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Found this in my favorites. Chicago, June 16, 1972 ES. Wish it was in color!

Chicago Panaramoic.jpg

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:05 am

please someone has this picture in good quality?

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:41 pm

When did it become the norm to tier seating? I can't imagine going to a concert now and having all the seats on the same level. I'd never see anything, being only a small fella!

Were there any Elvis concerts were the audience on the ground floor were mainly standing?

Great pics. It's gas seeing so many different ages in the audience, and the fashions of the time.