Here you can discuss other musicians and CD reissues etc

Remembering Johnny Cash

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm

It is hard to believe that ten years have passed since we lost Johnny Cash and you can read my own personal thoughts and memories on my website - http://www.johnnycashfanzine.com/memories.html and blog - http://peterlewryblog.weebly.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Remembering Johnny Cash

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Nice site. Thanks for posting this.

Johnny Cash was a class act.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:08 pm

There's only one man in black....and his name was Cash.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:08 am

Thank you so much for posting - wonderful memories.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:35 am

www.johnnycash.com

This is also a great site :mrgreen: :smt003 :smt006

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks Cashfan, cool site

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Thanks cashfan. Beautiful website and blog !

Here's the front cover of the first ever issue of "Country Music People" magazine (Vol. 1, No. 1 - February 1970). Also, pages 4 and 5 of the same issue, both related to Johnny :

CMP FEB 70 FRONT.jpg

CMP FEB 70 004.jpg

CMP FEB 70 005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:01 am

Mister Moon wrote:Thanks cashfan. Beautiful website and blog !

Here's the front cover of the first ever issue of "Country Music People" magazine (Vol. 1, No. 1 - February 1970). Also, pages 4 and 5 of the same issue, both related to Johnny :

CMP FEB 70 FRONT.jpg

CMP FEB 70 004.jpg

CMP FEB 70 005.jpg

That last advertisement is interesting - it shows how high Cash's popularity was that he could still get EPs release in 1970!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:52 am

cashfan Your website is really nice. I enjoyed some of the other links on there including the interviews.

Such a great picture and great memories.
Same as you mentioned, I was saying all day yesterday to people I can't believe it's been 10 years. I was reading some websites with Johnny Cash quotes because over the years I've heard so many of his that I love. They can't help but make you either laugh, smile, or think. He was very unique, interesting individual far beyond just his talent.