Off Topic Messages

And that, as they say, is that!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Two weeks shy of three years work and the PhD thesis has been submitted. Hurrah!!!!

What this means, of course, is that I will now have much more time to argue with people on FECC and elsewhere - and perhaps I'll finally get that paper written on Elvis and his fans. ;)

Re: And that, as they say, is that!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:14 pm

You better get an "A" ... ;-)

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:17 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:You better get an "A" ... ;-)

No grades at PhD. Just a pass or fail. Which is a bit lame after 300 pages of work when you come to think of it!

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

What will your PhD be in?

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

poormadpeter wrote:

No grades at PhD. Just a pass or fail. Which is a bit lame after 300 pages of work when you come to think of it!

Upon receiving your "P," you will need to consider changing your login to Dr. Peter ...

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:25 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

Upon receiving your "P," you will need to consider changing your login to Dr. Peter ...

You want to set up surgery together? ;)

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm

Good luck to you,I hope it all goes well :smt006

Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 am

poormadpeter wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:

You want to set up surgery together? ;)

I may be the senior Phud. here. Though not yet a senior citizen, although I feel that way sometimes.

Welcome to the club, pmp. (Your real name is on your blog. So, insert here.)

Congratulations!

It is a Big Fu(dg)ing Deal!

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:44 am

Congrats and good luck!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Congratulations!!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:45 pm

poormadpeter wrote:What this means, of course, is that I will now have much more time to argue with people on FECC and elsewhere - and perhaps I'll finally get that paper written on Elvis and his fans. ;)

Looking forward to it. Not about arguing, I mean the paper about Elvis and his fans :lol:
Congrats to you!

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 pm

1Sixstring wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:What this means, of course, is that I will now have much more time to argue with people on FECC and elsewhere - and perhaps I'll finally get that paper written on Elvis and his fans. ;)

Looking forward to it. Not about arguing, I mean the paper about Elvis and his fans :lol:
Congrats to you!

Aw, well, the scrapping and wrastlin' is tradition! ;) When they stop that, I'll get worried!

His paper only includes comments (on the Elvis movies) BEFORE he announced the paper, and everyone could opt out. I'm in!

rjm
P.S. -- pmp, what about recent members who didn't know about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by rjm on Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Well done PMP

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:50 pm

Good work, and good luck! ps. Rjm and keninlinks ...there is a way to turn off that "tapatalk" add...ds.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 pm

poormadpeter wrote:Two weeks shy of three years work and the PhD thesis has been submitted. Hurrah!!!!

After all the hard work you put in ! Congratulations !!!

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:49 am

Scarre wrote:Good work, and good luck! ps. Rjm and keninlinks ...there is a way to turn off that "tapatalk" add...ds.
how?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:58 am

rjm wrote:
1Sixstring wrote:

Congrats to you!

Aw, well, the scapping and wrastlin' is tradition! ;) When they stop that, I'll get worried!

His paper only includes comments (on the Elvis movies) BEFORE he announced the paper, and everyone could opt out. I'm in!

rjm
P.S. -- pmp, what about recent members who didn't know about it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Before I start work I shall probably make the announcement again. The paper in question was due to be written last spring (2011), but then dad passed away, and family issues took over from writing side projects (other than the novel). I'm running a course on non-Hollywood cinema this semester, but other than that I'm a free agent for a few months and so hopefully can finally get around to writing the papers I have had planned for a while.

Meanwhile thanks to all for the congrats! ;)

Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:08 am

Last edited by elvis-fan on Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:57 pm

Congrats!!

Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:05 pm

poormadpeter wrote:I'm a free agent for a few months and so hopefully can finally get around to writing the papers I have had planned for a while.

Congratulations.

If you need to interview me for your papers, I'll be glad to help out in any way I can.

Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:41 pm

And passed today. :)

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Congratulations,all the hard work you've put in has paid off,I bet you feel proud today :smt006

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 pm

poormadpeter wrote:And passed today. :)

Well done Shane

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:44 am

Congratulations on passing. How will it change your life ?

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:59 am

Yes indeed. Enjoy. You have worked hard, and succeeded. All the best to you, Peter. Congratulations.