Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: In The Ghetto Take 1 - Fixed

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:28 pm

The guy's just messing around and posting it for us to see. Why are some so up in arms over it? It's not being done for Sony or FTD as an official release that is replacing the originals, it's just a guy having fun then posting it. Chillax!

When I was a kid I used to create fantasy Elvis concerts adding crowd noise and applause to Elvis's studio recordings that he didn't perform in concert. I would create alternate opening songs after 2001 and alternate closing songs and endings to songs that faded out and everything in between all with only my turntable and 2 cassette decks and they came out really good (If I say so myself). I would create montages with video of Elvis to other artists songs that I thought related to Elvis like Kenny Rogers' "Sweet Music Man" and Ronnie McDowell's "The King Is Gone". If the internet was around then I would have posted them on here. If I still had any of them, I would post them on here now.
Last edited by eligain on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 pm

eligain wrote:The guy's just messing around and posting it for us to see. Why are some so up in arms over it? It's not being done for Sony or FTD as an official release that is replacing the originals, it's just a guy having fun then posting it. Chillax!

I completely agree. The amount of time spent spewing rage about a simple homemade video boggles the mind. As eligain said, Johnny2523 was just messin' around. No need to get all worked up.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:54 am

Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

Judge for yourself if you like it..Or not!.

Nice work on the audio and video. I enjoy custom audio edits, and it was kind of you to share this one with fellow fans. Keep having fun.

Troy

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:30 am

BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:
BigBird wrote:
rjm wrote:
BigBird wrote:
Johnny2523 wrote:I love this take of the song the very first take the only distracting part from this beautiful performance was elvis messing up the lyrics on the ''As a crowd gathers round an angry young man, faced down in the street with a gun in his hand''. Now i fixed this.. Thanks to the beautiful stereo ''From Elvis In Memphis'' FTD I was able to replace that little part with take 4.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]

2 problem I have with those self-home-made videos:

one, they are never quite right, the video is NOT liypsynch. Sure the video is from Aug 1970, the Audio from over a year earlier, BUT that is not an excuse. There are brilliant video editing programs out there, Final Cut for the Apple fraction, Adobe After effects for the PC ppl, just to name two, with which one can achieve a perfect result! b

But that would take some craftmanship, for example how to use timeremapping and to apply keyframes, it also requires time and maybe even some blood, sweat and tears, but those things are a rare trades those days, almost nobody is willing to go the extra mile, instead instant gratification is what ppl aim for, no paying dues, no working your way up, only instant results and half *ss cr*p like that video. Most bothering is the scene in which the sweets do the bakcground vocals, allthough there is no backgroundvocals on the audio. Seriously, Johnny, could you not put in some creativity and edit it so it would look at least good, let alone cool?!

the second problem I have is, when ppl put in so little effort, yet they must watermark their "work" with their dreamed up trademark name, yet forget to acknowledge the real source of the material they use.

BTW I have no problem with the splicing in that one line from take 4, as long as it is mentioned, which you did. But the video is a pile of BS!

While I disagree with "fixing" the creative process, revealed in outtakes, I totally disagree with your putdown of fan mashups. (I don't do those kind, but some are quite nice.) This is democracy. The record labels no longer can control the videos, nor rip-off the artists to make them as they used to in the old days of MTV.

There are some great artists making every kind of fan video, and it's a fantastic thing! Power to the people, right on! That's what this is about, regarding fan videos.

Just watched the Napster documentary film last night, and I am in a feisty mood about this.

And he did work hard on it, for free, and that is to be respected!

But do let the outtakes keep their warts and all: it's why we love them.

rjm

Sent From My Phabulous Galaxy Note II Phablet Using Tapatalk 4

Are you aware that your post, the one I am quoteing here, is 100% self refuting?

You babble about democracy and how I am not democratic etc., yet you bash me for exercising my right of free speech, which is THE core principal of every democratic system, more so, free speech is the very oxygen democracy is breathing!!!

Now after our little excurse into politics, let me tell you something else.

Johnny is NOT doing those dreadful video clips for free, he does them to be praised, or at the very least acknowledged, again that is not for free, but selfish in its very core!
He wants to hear how good they are, but they are no good at all and the fact that they are free dont make them any better.
Would you want a free car which does not work at all, or the valves only working in synch here and there, but not always? Would you say, this is a great car, it does not really work, but it is great because it was for free?

See how idiotic you notion is, before you run to the moderator, I did not say that you are idiotic, I said you notion is, which again is free speech, at least i hope so.

Selfish?? i do those videos in my free time for the fun of it i been making videos since 2007. Im not doing this to be praised or get acknowlegdement but i do this for the fun of being a elvis fan. I don't want to hear how good they are. but if others do enjoy my videos then whats the problem??

Yes selfish, you hear me right. Now the fact that selfishness does not need to be a bad thing has never accured to you, or did it?
But in the case of your video making it certainly is a bad thing, you videos are amateurish, not synch and if you want to do something good, help out in a soup kitchen and i am sure ppll will be thankful to you!

BTW: you said it your self, you do this because its is fun to you, which means you do that for selfish reasons, if you would not get any joy from it, you would not do it, case closed.
Yes, you also do this to be acknowledged, if you soley do it because of the fun aspect, you would not post it here, you do want ppl to see it, yet another selfish reason.

However it would be all fine if your videos were any good, but they are not good especially since you are doing this since 6 years and still dont know how to do this right. I think it is save to say that you should find something else you could shine in, video editing aint it for you!

I don't think your the right person to judge that are you???.. Especially not with ur sesame street username..
Besides that.. Are you able to make video edits? What are your skills on this subject?, I make my video's for the fun of working on videos that contain my idol elvis.. But okay.. if u think thats selfish, then i guess u think elvis is selfish aswell because he sang, because he liked to sing, and others enjoyed that.. But ofcoarse you'll say thats a diffrent thing.. well it isnt. but like wise people once said: You can't please anyone..
i LOL at what you say.. Funny my videos got critic from BigBird. :smt006

Actually I am the right person to judge your "work", because I am a video editor and let me tell you, your video stinks!

The fact to you have to use my user-name as an excuse for not to listen to me seams to be infantile to say the least.

Excuse not really.. So where is your work??.
You say you are a video editor but don't show ur work|?|?.
And nope your not the right person to judge my video

Did you every give me a chance to show you my work?

The answer is no!

Now, why I am not the right person to judge you video? because i think it stinks?

So let me guess, only the ppl who like your video are the right persons to judge it, right?

Cant you see how much of yourself you are showing right now?

Now, if you want to see my work, here:

phpBB [video]

or that:

phpBB [video]

So, you mastered a computer program or two, and can create special effects. BFD! These are advertisements, for which you clearly were paid. Your job. You did your job.

Did you move anyone emotionally with those advertisements? Do you even care about that? Johnny's video is just fine; "perfection" would have required full-on animation, and made it look false. You can feel his video - it is made with love and care, and I can tell because it moved me! He chose the facial expressions to match the content of the song. Very nice, if not YOUR idea of "perfection."

You really know nothing about what made Elvis Presley, Elvis Presley, because perfection was never the goal; it was music by feel. I don't think you get that at all. And Elvis would never maliciously try to crush someone like that; you have some kind of problem, Big Bird. (I can't believe I said that! :smt005 )

All you did was self-promote at someone else's expense. You knew he'd ask for your work, because for one thing, you sound so jealous! You are not "perfect." You learned some cyber-tricks. Swell. Now, learn how to be a good person. That takes much more work; it takes a lifetime. But it's never too late. (Besides, you are Big Bird, which means you're only 4.)

The poet Sylvia Plath wrote "perfection is terrible; it cannot have children." Meaning it has no life in it.

rjm
P.S. -- I had only skimmed the Johnny's vid, initially. I'm not into mashups, as I said. Now, I really watched it closely. Nice job, Johnny! I like outtakes with the warts and all, but it's still there, on my IPod, at the ready! The video has heart! I can feel the song, through the video. Thank you, Johnny.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 am

Well, I thought it was done very well and I enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:02 pm

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/11201633/file.html

(To hear in the best quality you gotta download it, for some reason zippyshare's player plays it at a lower quality)

UPDATE: I made a video to it
phpBB [video]

Great Job, Thanks for posting it..