Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
epf wrote:
Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Alexander wrote:I just downloaded this concert from a torrent site.


:smt018

Bootleggers are struggling these days. It's very important that we continue to support them, and the only way to do that is to pay for their releases. I have played the Houston CD twice. I'm mighty glad it was released, and that we can now conclude that it was a very poor show but not as bad as expected. Thanks, Audionics.


Are you implying that you actually expected worse? How?


Of course. This was a very poor show and Elvis was not acting like a King at all. Correct. But he rarely did during the summer of 1976, and we've already heard shows that are similar to this one. This one is the worst 1976 I have heard. Right. But it's not MUCH worse and is therefore NOT the gigantic mega-disaster we were expecting. Elvis spoke coherently, he remembered the words to all songs, sang the usual songs, didn't leave early, the crowd didn't boo him off the stage, people didn't throw bottles on him, he didn't say anything weird or embarassing. It was just a poor show. Not shocking at all. You guys need to get your stuff together and stop exaggarating. You're acting like a bunch of innocent choir boys! :smt019


thank you, my point exactly.

btw. unlike many others , you are not an ass clown.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Robert wrote:No, part just left early, and some fans were crying, that's all :wink:


But you can't hear this on the CD. And that's one of my points: you guys are not basing your view on this show by listening to the CD, you are also remembering dubious stories - stories that are not entirely true - from long ago about how people were crying and how Elvis was so stoned he didn't even know in what part of the country he was. These stories make the show seem much worse. If you didn't know the stories about what happened (or what people claim happened) on and off stage, the show wouldn't sound THAT much worse than a regular 1976 show. YOUR glasses are all foggy and you need to clean 'em right now, friends.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm

I mostly agree with you, Keith. After everything I'd heard about this show, I did expect it to be worse than what it was. However, it is probably the worst show I have ever heard. I'd much rather hear Omaha '77 to this. I have listened to this show one time and may never listen to it again. I am glad that I had the chance to hear it to judge for myself. It certainly wasn't pretty.

How close are we to 50 pages? Are we there yet?

I just noticed....we're on page 51!

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Rob wrote:I mostly agree with you, Keith. After everything I'd heard about this show, I did expect it to be worse than what it was. However, it is probably the worst show I have ever heard. I'd much rather hear Omaha '77 to this. I have listened to this show one time and may never listen to it again. I am glad that I had the chance to hear it to judge for myself. It certainly wasn't pretty.

How close are we to 50 pages? Are we there yet?

I just noticed....we're on page 51!


not ass clowingsh at all, that's a realistic view you have right there.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Alexander wrote:I just downloaded this concert from a torrent site.


:smt018

Bootleggers are struggling these days. It's very important that we continue to support them, and the only way to do that is to pay for their releases. I have played the Houston CD twice. I'm mighty glad it was released, and that we can now conclude that it was a very poor show but not as bad as expected. Thanks, Audionics.


I am struggling these days, so I do not support nobody. (Except that I will buy original FTDs when some cash is around).
Last edited by Alexander on Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Robert wrote:No, part just left early, and some fans were crying, that's all :wink:


But you can't hear this on the CD. And that's one of my points: you guys are not basing your view on this show by listening to the CD, you are also remembering dubious stories - stories that are not entirely true - from long ago about how people were crying and how Elvis was so stoned he didn't even know in what part of the country he was. These stories make the show seem much worse. If you didn't know the stories about what happened (or what people claim happened) on and off stage, the show wouldn't sound THAT much worse than a regular 1976 show. YOUR glasses are all foggy and you need to clean 'em right now, friends.


There are several fan reports mentioning that people started leaving early.
It's somewhere in the 51 pages. I posted this already so if you're interested, it's in the first ten pages.
Don't get fooled by a lot of screeming although it underlines the worshipping of his hardcore fanbase..

In fact the Mobile newspaper the next day did mention a partial walk out so a clear indication some fans didn't 'appreciate' the show Elvis performed during that tour.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:00 pm

I'm an ass "clow" because I wouldn't call him coherent or say the show was only a little worse than others. The fact that this show is worse than other really bad shows says it all. He deserved some boos and he might have been awakened to how unacceptable he was if he had gotten some.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:16 pm

You are no ass clow, Steve.

I don't care what you say.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Rob wrote:You are no ass clow, Steve.

I don't care what you say.


I do care cause our Steve is talking more sense than mostin here.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:26 pm

stevelecher wrote:I'm an ass "clow" because I wouldn't call him coherent or say the show was only a little worse than others. The fact that this show is worse than other really bad shows says it all. He deserved some boos and he might have been awakened to how unacceptable he was if he had gotten some.


+1

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 pm

norrie wrote:The fans you hear didn't seem to care because you can hear them.What you can't hear are the fans that were silent.The girls that are screaming were obviously blind and deaf to the truth and were there to scream and shout no matter what.


+1

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:32 pm

BigBird wrote:... but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!


Ironic.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm

stevelecher wrote:I'm an ass "clow" because I wouldn't call him coherent or say the show was only a little worse than others. The fact that this show is worse than other really bad shows says it all. He deserved some boos and he might have been awakened to how unacceptable he was if he had gotten some.


I dont know if you are an ass clown or not, but the show is BY FAR NOT as bad as it was always told. I heard it for decades that ppl stated that elvis was so out of it, that he did not even know in what city he was, that he did not know whether he was even on stage or not.

Now, since those aformentioned statements are not the truth, everybody can tell that by listing to the concert, would you at least admit that those statements are lies?

if you do, which you must, cause logic demands it, than you also must admit that the show was not as bad as it was always told to us, because it was told to us that elvis did not even know that he was realy on stage etc.

Dont get me wrong, i find this by far the worst show I ever heard from Elvis, but the truth is the truth and lies are lies and we (the fans) have been lied to. Stuff was made up out of thin air.
It is wrong to bear false witness and make up stuff just to push ones agenda, whatever that agenda might be and now since we all have the evidence, we shoul be man enough to declare that the show is not as bad as it was told to us and that is not a rose colored view,not is it an excuse in any shape or form, it the truth and nothing but the truth!

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:41 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
BigBird wrote:... but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!


Ironic.


no, sarcastic.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:43 pm

BigBird wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
BigBird wrote:... but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!


Ironic.


no, sarcastic.


Your comments on this topic are most ironic, not to mention rude, embarrassing, inept and completely wrong.

Have a nice day, "BigBird."

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:00 pm

BigBird wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
BigBird wrote:... but the ass clows need some glasses, scratch that, they need a pair of eyes and brain to process the information coming through the eyes, which both is wishful thinking, after all, they are braineless ass clowns!


Ironic.


no, sarcastic.



Say hello to Curtis for me.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
Robert wrote:No, part just left early, and some fans were crying, that's all :wink:


But you can't hear this on the CD. And that's one of my points: you guys are not basing your view on this show by listening to the CD, you are also remembering dubious stories - stories that are not entirely true - from long ago about how people were crying and how Elvis was so stoned he didn't even know in what part of the country he was. These stories make the show seem much worse. If you didn't know the stories about what happened (or what people claim happened) on and off stage, the show wouldn't sound THAT much worse than a regular 1976 show. YOUR glasses are all foggy and you need to clean 'em right now, friends.


What you are forgetting in this post and in your previous one saying that this is not a disastrous show because the bar had fell so low and we are used to hearing Elvis in this kind of state. You are simply comparing it to other Elvis shows of the year and finding it not all that much worse. That doesn't make this show better, it simply makes us realise how little we expect from a 1976 Elvis concert. If you moved away from comparing this to other Elvis shows from 1976, and compared it instead to a show in that year by any other top-flight entertainer (ie, the real world), then there is no other way to describe this show than as a disaster. People don't have foggy glasses, it's just that you have become so accustomed to crap Elvis performances from the period that nothing shocks you anymore.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 pm

poormadpeter wrote: You are simply comparing it to other Elvis shows of the year and finding it not all that much worse. That doesn't make this show better, it simply makes us realise how little we expect from a 1976 Elvis concert.

Of course people do that since this was a concert that supposedly was far worse than any other show.

Nobody says that this is Elvis at the top of the game.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:52 pm

Xaykev wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: You are simply comparing it to other Elvis shows of the year and finding it not all that much worse. That doesn't make this show better, it simply makes us realise how little we expect from a 1976 Elvis concert.

Of course people do that since this was a concert that supposedly was far worse than any other show.

Nobody says that this is Elvis at the top of the game.


It's nothing to do with whether Elvis is at the top of his game, or expected to be. Compared to any other artist's level of concert performance this is an unmitigated disaster - only in the Elvis world, where we are used to such performances, would it be viewed as anything less.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:11 am

BigBird wrote:
stevelecher wrote:I'm an ass "clow" because I wouldn't call him coherent or say the show was only a little worse than others. The fact that this show is worse than other really bad shows says it all. He deserved some boos and he might have been awakened to how unacceptable he was if he had gotten some.


I dont know if you are an ass clown or not, but the show is BY FAR NOT as bad as it was always told. I heard it for decades that ppl stated that elvis was so out of it, that he did not even know in what city he was, that he did not know whether he was even on stage or not.

Now, since those aformentioned statements are not the truth, everybody can tell that by listing to the concert, would you at least admit that those statements are lies?

if you do, which you must, cause logic demands it, than you also must admit that the show was not as bad as it was always told to us, because it was told to us that elvis did not even know that he was realy on stage etc.

Dont get me wrong, i find this by far the worst show I ever heard from Elvis, but the truth is the truth and lies are lies and we (the fans) have been lied to. Stuff was made up out of thin air.
It is wrong to bear false witness and make up stuff just to push ones agenda, whatever that agenda might be and now since we all have the evidence, we shoul be man enough to declare that the show is not as bad as it was told to us and that is not a rose colored view,not is it an excuse in any shape or form, it the truth and nothing but the truth!

Wow! That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing... thanks though...

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 am

poormadpeter wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: You are simply comparing it to other Elvis shows of the year and finding it not all that much worse. That doesn't make this show better, it simply makes us realise how little we expect from a 1976 Elvis concert.

Of course people do that since this was a concert that supposedly was far worse than any other show.

Nobody says that this is Elvis at the top of the game.


It's nothing to do with whether Elvis is at the top of his game, or expected to be. Compared to any other artist's level of concert performance this is an unmitigated disaster - only in the Elvis world, where we are used to such performances, would it be viewed as anything less.



There has been alot of talk about the fans allowing this, and not demanding more of Elvis.

Well apparenly 2/3 of the audience wasn't buying it, and yet he still continued.

How would you stop it? Take a modern artist for example, if you went to their show and you didn't like it, what would you do, to make the artist aware
that you were displeased with them, and wanted a better show?

It is all relative and subjective. Apparently 1/3 of this crowd like the show.
There are artists that I wouldn't like even at the top of thier game. It's art. It's a show.
Hearing the soundboard is only half the picture.
Perhaps you had to be there in Elvis' presence to appeciate it.

I could be at a neil young show, at the top of his game, and it would be a disaster to me.
Last edited by ekenee on Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:15 am

BigBird wrote:
stevelecher wrote:I'm an ass "clow" because I wouldn't call him coherent or say the show was only a little worse than others. The fact that this show is worse than other really bad shows says it all. He deserved some boos and he might have been awakened to how unacceptable he was if he had gotten some.


I dont know if you are an ass clown or not, but the show is BY FAR NOT as bad as it was always told. I heard it for decades that ppl stated that elvis was so out of it, that he did not even know in what city he was, that he did not know whether he was even on stage or not.

Now, since those aformentioned statements are not the truth, everybody can tell that by listing to the concert, would you at least admit that those statements are lies?

if you do, which you must, cause logic demands it, than you also must admit that the show was not as bad as it was always told to us, because it was told to us that elvis did not even know that he was realy on stage etc.

Dont get me wrong, i find this by far the worst show I ever heard from Elvis, but the truth is the truth and lies are lies and we (the fans) have been lied to. Stuff was made up out of thin air.
It is wrong to bear false witness and make up stuff just to push ones agenda, whatever that agenda might be and now since we all have the evidence, we shoul be man enough to declare that the show is not as bad as it was told to us and that is not a rose colored view,not is it an excuse in any shape or form, it the truth and nothing but the truth!

I've written many posts here explaining why I think you're too forgiving regarding the quality of this show. I've really nothing left to say. There's 51 pages of repetition here between my camp and yours.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:18 am

PiersEIN wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
PiersEIN wrote: Hi Gang, Super-Collector Geoffrey McDonnell has written a very informative review for EIN.

Forgetting about names, login names etc. When you wrote the above, it would have been helpful for people who didn't know (such as me), if you had identified the guy you were referring to, as the same guy who had already made a number of points on this thread.




Sorry mike edwards66 but it was not up to me to reveal YDKM's real name.
If he wants to write reviews for EIN under another name that is his choice.



Hang on a minute PiersEIN, you subsequently went onto say that he had (in the past) already revealed his name on this very forum. So you wouldn't have been revealing anything, just reminding those who had forgot or advising people who weren't aware.

That's why I said 'it would have been helpful for people who didn't know'.

As it was, your original announcement made it sound as though we could read a 'new take' on the show. When in fact the guy in question had already made a number of points on this very thread.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:19 am

mike edwards66 wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
PiersEIN wrote: Hi Gang, Super-Collector Geoffrey McDonnell has written a very informative review for EIN.

Forgetting about names, login names etc. When you wrote the above, it would have been helpful for people who didn't know (such as me), if you had identified the guy you were referring to, as the same guy who had already made a number of points on this thread.




Sorry mike edwards66 but it was not up to me to reveal YDKM's real name.
If he wants to write reviews for EIN under another name that is his choice.



Hang on a minute PiersEIN, you subsequently went onto say that he had (in the past) already revealed his name on this very forum. So you wouldn't have been revealing anything, just reminding those who had forgot or advising those who weren't aware.

That's why I said 'it would have been helpful for people who didn't know'.

As it was, your original announcement made it sound as though we could read a 'new take' on the show. When in fact the guy in question had already made a number of points on this very thread.

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.New Soundboard

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 am

ekenee wrote:
poormadpeter wrote:
Xaykev wrote:
poormadpeter wrote: You are simply comparing it to other Elvis shows of the year and finding it not all that much worse. That doesn't make this show better, it simply makes us realise how little we expect from a 1976 Elvis concert.

Of course people do that since this was a concert that supposedly was far worse than any other show.

Nobody says that this is Elvis at the top of the game.


It's nothing to do with whether Elvis is at the top of his game, or expected to be. Compared to any other artist's level of concert performance this is an unmitigated disaster - only in the Elvis world, where we are used to such performances, would it be viewed as anything less.



There has been alot of talk about the fans allowing this, and not demanding more of Elvis.

Well apparenly 2/3 of the audience wasn't buying it, and yet he still continued.

How would you stop it? Take a modern artist for example, if you went to their show and you didn't like it, what would you do, to make the artist aware
that you were displeased with them, and wanted a better show?

It is all relative and subjective. Apparently 1/3 of this crowd like the show.
There are artists that I wouldn't like even at the top of thier game. It's art. It's a show.
Hearing the soundboard is only half the picture.
Perhaps you had to be there in Elvis' presence to appeciate it.

I could be at a neil young show, at the top of his game, and it would be a disaster to me.


I'm not talking about viewing the show in 1976, I'm talking about viewing the show now (or, rather, hearing it). We can hear the vocals quite well - Elvis was stoned and singing very badly. Appearing on stage and feeling a presence isn't enough when it comes to a show - he is also required to perform. And this performance is a disaster.