Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Re: NEW FOLLOW THAT DREAM - LATE SEPTEMBER RELEASES

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 am

Steamstan wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:Let's not forget the live Hawaii recordings.

:facep: :facep: :facep: Since when does Hawaii not count as one of the United States Of America?

He played there in 1957.

It didn't become a state til 1959.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:51 am

JerryNodak wrote:Yes, I can wait a bit longer if it means no mastering errors or booklet screw ups, but you'd think that by now they could have given us the track lists for G.I Blues Vol. 2 and Moody Blue. Oh well (sigh).

yes...... i know....
guess we just wait longer!~ :?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:07 am

You're too good at keeping secrets, YDKM.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:43 am

thermoking wrote:I have heard from a friend that Hans Slebos and Robert Frieser currently working on the 3th cd.
But they work in secret, and my friend said he don't know what project they are doing.
Maybe Cisco knows more.

It is 3rd, not 3th! How would you pronounce threeth?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:01 am

JerryNodak wrote:You're too good at keeping secrets, YDKM.

i have too...otherwise i get shot! :|

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:41 pm

i thought ftd would let us know by now :(

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

elvisland wrote:i thought ftd would let us know by now :(

FTD team is on leave after the hard work done during the Elvis Week in Memphis :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:59 pm

Just a wish... the third FTD could be a double CD set with the two remaining unreleased concerts from Memphis 1974, march 16 and 17.... Both evening performance.

The concert from march, 17 2:30 pm is available on audience recording, called "The Alternative Memphis".

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm

There is supposed to be one more rehearsal tape to be released, that was acquired from the same gentlemen that sold the other recent rehearsal tapes & MSG footage to Sony/FTD. So it could be something to do with that.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Rich_TCB wrote:There is supposed to be one more rehearsal tape to be released, that was acquired from the same gentlemen that sold the other recent rehearsal tapes & MSG footage to Sony/FTD. So it could be something to do with that.

Hope the 3rd one is a concert from an uncovered venue/year :wink:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm

A double cd set with that rehearsal and the CS from the same engagement (summer 1972) will be an excellent releases. The show is supposedly recorded as soundboard.

Rich_TCB wrote:There is supposed to be one more rehearsal tape to be released, that was acquired from the same gentlemen that sold the other recent rehearsal tapes & MSG footage to Sony/FTD. So it could be something to do with that.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Why not a 3rd release based on a Las Vegas December 1976 soundboard show? :roll:.Bye for now :smt006.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

Why not a 3rd release based on a Las Vegas December 1976 soundboard show? :roll:.Bye for now :smt006.

I would love that if they had any soundboards from the Dec Vegas season in the vaults (especially the show where he sings Such A Night)

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:43 pm

lucio wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I would love that if they had any soundboards from the Dec Vegas season in the vaults (especially the show where he sings Such A Night)

From the audience recording I've heard of this show, Such A Night is a mess. Very poorly performed. Then, a few weeks later, in Atlanta, he did a very entertaining version of it. He was in a better place that last week of December.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Come on guys! if FTD is making such a mystery there are only three soundboards possibilities:

Vegas, July 31, 1969
Pittsburgh December 31, 1976
Indianapolis June 26, 1977

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
dreaming is free so far!

::rocks

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Well, if we really have the freedom to dream about soundboard possibilities there are three shows on my bucket list that I would love to own on soundboard. Pittsburgh, December 31, 1976 is definitely one of them and the other two are Uniondale, July 19 8:30 pm and Ashville, July 24.

Darrell

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:15 pm

I think it is a 2CD-Set called: The Best O FTD.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:43 pm

dougkapp wrote:Just a wish... the third FTD could be a double CD set with the two remaining unreleased concerts from Memphis 1974, march 16 and 17.... Both evening performance.

The concert from march, 17 2:30 pm is available on audience recording, called "The Alternative Memphis".

I always though that a good FTD project could be a 2 cd set containing the Memphis concert from march 17 evening show 1974 + bonus from memphis '75 (maybe t-r-o-u-b-l-e and Burning love) on cd 1..... and on cd 2 the concert from july 5th 1976
Could be call "A Hometown Experience" :wink:

Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:50 pm

It's that 3rd title that bothers us i guess. Moody Blue at least we can figure out that it's the original album with outtakes from Moody Blue, She Thinks I Still Care, Pledging My Love, It's Easy For You and the different mix of He'll Have To Go. Maybe the undubbed live stracks from 77. G.I. Blues is no surprise cause it will be the remaining outtakes from april and may 60. But what can we expect? A soundboard or a rehearsal tape or a cleaned up audience recording? The last time when there was no announcement was with Raised On Rock. That was i guess for the three instrumental tracks.
So the reason for no tracklisting at this point could be, legal rights for the songs or provider of the source, or the product will raise lot's of questions bacause of its content, or it's not clear which release it's going to be. Like they have two FTD's ready for release.

Time will tell

The problem is that Ernst may not speak a lot about the releases. BMG/RCA think that the Elvis product is a national treasure and new releases has to be kept secret like it's the newest Bieber or Gaga cd. Only a couple of thousand REAL collectors world wide do care about FTD releases. It's not news breaking these days. So come with the list and we all can sleep again and start bugging about it.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Maybe they are getting clearance for "Feelings"?

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm

philobeddo wrote:Moody Blue at least we can figure out that it's the original album with outtakes from Moody Blue, She Thinks I Still Care, Pledging My Love, It's Easy For You and the different mix of He'll Have To Go. Maybe the undubbed live stracks from 77.

The tracklist for MB was posted on FB a few weeks ago but was quickly removed.
I was very happy with it as it contained many unreleased studio takes not even on bootlegs.
I guess the info was removed for a reason.

Also the 3rd release will be a goodie....especially for those who dont have any bootlegs.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Also the 3rd release will be a goodie....especially for those who dont have any bootlegs.

Sounds good LSP-4445. I would like to see the Audifon - Behind Closed Doors set see its legal release. But this time from the original masters. This was my favorite Bootleg of all time.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:06 am

philobeddo wrote:

Sounds good LSP-4445. I would like to see the Audifon - Behind Closed Doors set see its legal release. But this time from the original masters. This was my favorite Bootleg of all time.

That wont happen but you could make a 2 disc cdr of this release as everything (?) is released officially by now.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:46 am

LSP-4445 wrote:
philobeddo wrote:

That wont happen but you could make a 2 disc cdr of this release as everything (?) is released officially by now.

okay LSP4445, when will the info. be posted for us?????

Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am

Since it is now mid-September and the 3rd release has not been announced is it safe to assume that the September release will be late? If they are late, won't this be the first time ever for the announced releases not to have been released on time? :facep: :smt006